A fifth react? No, it's not the dislike button

TVwazhere

I'm 100% in agreement with the "no dislike button, if you disagree you should state the reason why with a comment" thought. 

However, there's been a lot of situations where a some sort of negative emotion react would be appropriate. A "sad" react could be abused, but a sympathetic button (Press F to Pay Respects) could be useful for when, say, NCIX went bankrupt, companies do silly things, forum members post sad status updates, etc. However part of me feels the answer is the same as the dislike; just comment your negative feelings. It would be neat to actually press F to pay respects though (an F icon, not a hotkey).

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

"Press F to pay respects" is a meme tho. Wouldn't be taken seriously.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

A "sad" react could be abused

And a like button never gets abused? Come on... (YT uses a thumbs down thingy, and I don't have the feeling it gets abused)

12 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm 100% in agreement with the "no dislike button, if you disagree you should state the reason why with a comment" thought. 

However, there's been a lot of situations where a some sort of negative emotion react would be appropriate. A "sad" react could be abused, but a sympathetic button (Press F to Pay Respects) could be useful for when, say, NCIX went bankrupt, companies do silly things, forum members post sad status updates, etc. However part of me feels the answer is the same as the dislike; just comment your negative feelings. It would be neat to actually press F to pay respects though (an F icon, not a hotkey).

sad would not get abused

3 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

"Press F to pay respects" is a meme tho. Wouldn't be taken seriously.

Well the bubble wouldnt be called "press F to pay respects" it would be "Sympathy", but the icon itself would be F

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I'm not sure I would agree with that, because you can always just comment your condolences or support to someone.

I don't use the "like" button because it's shaped like a heart... It just seems weird to me. U would rather that go to a thumbs up before adding another emote

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Well the bubble wouldnt be called "press F to pay respects" it would be "Sympathy", but the icon itself would be F

Imagine if someone was "out of the loop" They'd think, "Why is this an F? What does and F have to do with it? This doesn't make sense"

An F really dosen't work.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Imagine if someone was "out of the loop" They'd think, "Why is this an F? What does and F have to do with it? This doesn't make sense"

An F really dosen't work.

Hell I dont understand turnip