What's your worst package tracking route?

mitchpman13

So I ordered a CPU cooler a few days back and I've been watching the package update on Newegg. Seeing it travel its way here, it has been the longest item to get delivered to my address. I was confused as to why its delivery date was so long (6 days). Watching it now, it's now entered the state, drove about 50 miles east to another city, U-turned back about 15 miles west, and is now at another post station. I'm just sitting here dumbfounded why it even bothered going the extra distance east.

Basically anything through Australia Post

Has left the facility

???

Has arrived

Took 4 days to arrive from a city 2-3 hours away

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

Basically anything through Australia Post

Has left the facility

???

Has arrived

Took 4 days to arrive from a city 2-3 hours away

I live in the states and where I'm at currently at most things will take about 3-4 days ob avg. Except for this package, which has 6 days estimated. What gets me is that it's taking such a bizarre route like no other package lol.

The tracking is so confusing. I placed "x's" in for the final destination to hid my exact location. I have no idea why my package went nearly 200 miles out of the way.

Spoiler
Tuesday, November 28
3:57 PM
Delivered
x, FL US
10:07 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility
x, FL US
12:34 AM
Package transferred to USPS for final delivery
x, FL US
12:31 AM
x, FL US
Monday, November 27
11:05 PM
Shipment departed from Amazon facility
Miami, FLORIDA US
8:05 PM
Package has left the carrier facility
Miami, FL US
7:37 PM
Shipment arrived at Amazon facility
Miami, FLORIDA US
5:10 PM
Delivery Delay

4:03 PM
Miami, FL US
1:04 PM
Miami, FL US
11:39 AM
Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA US
8:56 AM
Allentown, PA US
Saturday, November 25
1:20 PM
Baltimore, MD US
Sunday, November 26

Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

Wow, I thought mine was bad lol. Mines gone from Benbrook, TX to Mesquite, TX, then turned around to Dallas.

I honestly have no idea what went wrong, but something sure did:

Capture.PNG.9e246a78717ac245d7f15557f485f62c.PNG

I don't live in the UK nor did I provide a UK address, but somehow they managed to deliver the package to someone in the UK. Just for it to magically appear in Germany again over a month later.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

8 hours ago, Volbet said:

I honestly have no idea what went wrong, but something sure did:

I don't live in the UK nor did I provide a UK address, but somehow they managed to deliver the package to someone in the UK. Just for it to magically appear in Germany again over a month later.

Maybe it fancied a cup of tea. xD

It's gone from Germany, to the UK, back to Germany? Something is definately wrong!

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

16 minutes ago, mitchpman13 said:

Maybe it fancied a cup of tea. xD

That has had to be the best cup of tea imaginable if it took a month to enjoy it.

4 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

It's gone from Germany, to the UK, back to Germany? Something is definately wrong!

My best guess is that they printed the wrong address on the package and then the package was returned from the wrong address.

Luckily, the package is going in my general direction now.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

9 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

Yeah, I havent't had one switch counties...yet, I'm close enough to Mexico though, so probably possible. Mine just end up driving the strangest routes. It's like, Oh? you wanted free shipping, well we're gonna have fun with this for a while.

Already seen  from china to canada, back to china, back to canada. Wtf, took about a month to arrive. A cellphone case.

had a RAM memory kit coming from Newegg's locations in northern US. made it to around Tennessee then stopped moving for a few days. called Newegg and said that they misplaced the package. and I hafta say, many things were broken that day... had to wait a week until I got my memory kit.  

Ugh I hate when newegg ships via Smartpost and Surepost. I had a package shipped FedEx SmartPost from them that stuck in Memphis two days for weather when the weather was some light drizzle.

Worst one was a PSU that never actually got here, but I had to fight for weeks with the carrier so they would admit they fucking lost it and I could have the store put in a claim (for them) and a refund (for me)

But recently...Amazon Mexico put a book I wanted (Xanathar's Guide to everything) as available for pre-order coming out on 11/10. I decided to preorder since they claim they would ship it before that so it would get here at least close to that date, only the fuckers didn't actually release the fucking book on 11/10 like they say they would.

2 days past that while my order was still stuck on "not available yet" nonsense I emailed them and the guy suggested I should just cancel that order, put another one for Amazon US and have that book shipped to me (Price is pretty damn close but Amazon US takes longer to get here obviously). Book arrived a week late after I did that and even then it took like another day to FINALLY be available here in Amazon Mexico.

I'm never preordering shit from them again.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If I remember correctly, I had one go from New York to the Carolinas then finally make its way back to me in Vermont.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

2 of my worst experiences with tracking and shipments...

1. The Christmas order.

So my wifes computers gfx card broke... the plan was to wait out until the 960 came out to swap out our 560s. But as Murphy goes, her 560 died midst of october that year and with manual throttling we were able to still make some use of it, even with some crashes and extreme fan noise (the issue was it started clocking up and up and up until it couldn't take the strain anymore. this happened as soon as a 3d app/game was launched) 

So after deciding we are wanting a 40" tv for our living room and will need at least one new gfx card, the "xmas bonus" came with the november wages... on the night of November 26th we ordered the tv, 2 Gainward phantoms 760, 2 250gb ssd and an hdmi cable. That whole bunch at one store, all on stock, with overnight evening delivery option which was about 10 bucks extra... the whole lot for around 1500-1700 € that time...

So the shipment left the shop in time, but then stalled at their local DHL shipping depot for a day, then got moved to one of our local shipment depots and stayed there for the day, moved on to the other shipment depot and was marked as "on the way to your doorstep" ... so that for next day evening delivery. But... it didn't arrive... 

Then it was marked as back in the depot... there it got lost... a few days later exactly 2 gainward phantom 760 were as brand new articles on ebay for our city... I thought "well well lookie here". To get to that, those cards can't run sli due to their size. So no one in the right mind would order 2 if not for two machines.

It was found again, lost again and after three weeks, only 14 days till christmas, I called the store and talked about a new shipment, because well, that one got lost and they already had the money. After a few documents to process, a fresh shipment was on its way and arrived a day later. 

To come to the "funny" end... end of february the next year my mobile phone arrived and I had to pick it up at a DHL location. So I got there and told them that I'm here to pick up a small parcel that was send to my address and couldn't get delivered... 5 minutes later the DHL employee came out of the back dragging behind a big package (the TV, strapped with tape onto the sides the 2 gfx cards, and I stopped looking closer... it was a mess). I hollered "No that one goes back to the sender, it should have been delivered last november 27th. I'm here for a small package!"

The second one was with me as sender.

So I ended up putting some blu ray collections up onto ebay for a friend... one of the happy buyers deliveries went astray. I slotted in 3 packets with DHL. 2 arrived at their destinations just 2 days later. The last package went on vacation. In regard of the tracking site it was arriving then due to the recipient asking for a reroute, sent to another station. Well the recipient never asked for a reroute and the package was lost for 3 weeks. I ordered a search for the delivery at DHL always keeping the customer in the loop. 2 weeks later it arrived back at my home. Due that time the customer had filed the Customer protection at paypal, which froze my paypal account until coming to an arrangement. 

I delivered that in person due to being in the vincity while on a trip. Then I had to sort it out with paypal... in the end a lot of headache for one tiny shipment.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN