Y no OLED 4K 120FPS Monitors at reasonable prices?? Lets Kickstart something

Noctua_Boy

OLED tech seems to take care of many issues plaging LCD tech , Colour , viewing angles , response times etc... So why cant they make monitors with this tech for resonable prices? Many mobiles phones have it and loads of tvs are coming out with these panels too.

120fps 4K OLED with 1ms of lag.

Should we Kickstart it?

What anoys you about todays monitors and how would you do it better?

Reasonable price, OLED, 4k, 120MS, 1ms delay. Right

I too would to go to moon for a price price of domestic plane ticket

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

Reasonable price, OLED, 4k, 120MS, 1ms delay. Right

I too would to go to moon for a price price of domestic plane tick.et

OLED tvs used to cost nearly $10k a few years ago. Its obviously a question of economies of scale. Even Apple waited years for the price to drop so that they could still make huge profits of every iphone unit sold.

Bro 4k monitors are expensive, if you throw in the fact your looking for high refresh rates as well thats going to cause a big price bump, then you make it OLED thats pushes the price further, then if your looking at a monitor like this it usally also includes g-sync or free-sync which causes the price to go up even more. There expensive monitors but there pricy because it's newer technology that is the best you can get. The same reason a 4k 60Hz monitor costs more than a 1080p 60Hz monitor is the same reason a 1080 Ti costs more than a 1060 6GB.

Just now, Glenwing said:

High-end monitors aren't a large market compared to high-end phones or high-end TVs. So it's not a big concern.

its is for me. i want a fast monitor with great colour reproduction... as it is i have to choose between IPS displays with lag or other TN or VA displays.

Besides computer gaming is on the rise.

OLED is expensive as hell and suffers from burn in... You would really spend money on a expensive monitor that suffers from burn in?

What would you even use to drive 120Hz 4k? Why even bother with high refresh rate gaming at 4k? It's not like it really makes a difference vs 1440p.

Honestly, I feel like you really need to make a choice between a better-looking monitor or a faster monitor. You could go with a 1440p at 144Hz or you could go with 4k at 60Hz. It's kind of like choosing between open and closed headphones. Open headphones I get the best sound quality but I can also hear everything in the room, while with closed I don't get as good as sound but a bit of noise won't bother me, Everything has advantages and drawbacks.

sure, go design a 120Hz 4K OLED panel and have everyone return it when their desktop and taskbar has burnt in all nice

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, RAM555789 said:

Bro 4k monitors are expensive, if you throw in the fact your looking for high refresh rates as well thats going to cause a big price bump, then you make it OLED thats pushes the price further, then if your looking at a monitor like this it usally also includes g-sync or free-sync which causes the price to go up even more. There expensive monitors but there pricy because it's newer technology that is the best you can get. The same reason a 4k 60Hz monitor costs more than a 1080p 60Hz monitor is the same reason a 1080 Ti costs more than a 1060 6GB.

Nothing will change if we dont make questions. Its economy of scale , more LCD panels are produced , there is more factories too. The 1080ti costs more because its part of of a better yield than the 1060...its really all the same architecture.

We need more support for OLED tech so that this is filtered down to us pc gamers.

A few years ago OLED TVs cost around $10k , now its nearly $1k.

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

OLED is expensive as hell and suffers from burn in... You would really spend money on a expensive monitor that suffers from burn in?

What would you even use to drive 120Hz 4k? Why even bother with high refresh rate gaming at 4k? It's not like it really makes a difference vs 1440p.

Burn in is not an issue anymore , technology has advanced to the point where its not even a problem. why? Because at 27+ inches it is noticeblable and GPUS just about run 4k at 60fps....120fps its on the horizon. (yes it makes a difference)

1 minute ago, Noctua_Boy said:

Burn in is not an issue anymore

you got any sources on that? lol

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Noctua_Boy said:

Burn in is not an issue anymore , technology has advanced to the point where its not even a problem. why? Because at 27+ inches it is noticeblable and GPUS just about run 4k at 60fps....120fps its on the horizon. (yes it makes a difference)

Whatever flies your boat, I disagree.

5 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Honestly, I feel like you really need to make a choice between a better-looking monitor or a faster monitor. You could go with a 1440p at 144Hz or you could go with 4k at 60Hz. It's kind of like choosing between open and closed headphones. Open headphones I get the best sound quality but I can also hear everything in the room, while with closed I don't get as good as sound but a bit of noise won't bother me, Everything has advantages and drawbacks.

You dont need to makes those choices with OLED , its its inherently better looking and faster than LCD tech , hence why i would like this tech to be mass manufactured down to the Monitor Gaming market.

If there is enough demand and people pushing for it , they will look into it. 

I seen a Linus video where he made his perfect monitor , so we know that there is room for improvement.

5 minutes ago, Noctua_Boy said:

Nothing will change if we dont make questions. Its economy of scale , more LCD panels are produced , there is more factories too. The 1080ti costs more because its part of of a better yield than the 1060...its really all the same architecture.

We need more support for OLED tech so that this is filtered down to us pc gamers.

A few years ago OLED TVs cost around $10k , now its nearly $1k.

Just like it took time for OLED TVs to drop in price its going to take time for gaming monitors to drop in price. You gotta wait for the market to mature some more.

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

you got any sources on that? lol

Look out for it yourself. Public information,

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

Just like it took time for OLED TVs to drop in price its going to take time for gaming monitors to drop in price. You gotta wait for the market to mature some more.

True. its just frustrating to wait for it. I been waiting for is since i got my galaxy nexus back in 2012 , even that low end OLED display look smoother and more vibrant than anything i looked at before.

17 minutes ago, Noctua_Boy said:

its is for me. i want a fast monitor with great colour reproduction... as it is i have to choose between IPS displays with lag or other TN or VA displays.

Besides computer gaming is on the rise.

IPS monitors don't inherently have more lag than TN or VA. They tend to have higher quoted response times, but that's entirely separate from lag. 

We're still very much in the early stages of OLED adoption. It will take quite a bit more time for the specs you want. 

There isnt many people that would buy an expensive monitor. Also oled has serious burn in so stuff like the taskbar would burn into the monitor unlike a tv with an always changing image.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

4 minutes ago, Noctua_Boy said:

Look out for it yourself. Public information,

OLED does still suffer from burn in, I don't know what your sources are but they are wrong.

If course, it's not as bad as the early tech but monitor is supposed to last you for years... You are pretty much guaranteed to get burn in in a OLED monitor before a first year of usage as there is a lot of static elements on the desktop.

Just now, WereCat said:

OLED does still suffer from burn in, I don't know what your sources are but they are wrong.

If course, it's not as bad as the early tech but monitor is supposed to last you for years... You are pretty much guaranteed to get burn in in a OLED monitor before a first year of usage as there is a lot of static elements on the desktop.

There is alot of static elements on Mobile phones too , i wonder why Samsung and LG use this tech?

Alienware used it for the 13inch gaming laptop. Warranty suicide?

It was an issue just like it was an issue with plasma Tvs , but technology got better.

If you dont like the tech then thats fine , i like it and i can see the improvement over the years.

2 minutes ago, Noctua_Boy said:

There is alot of static elements on Mobile phones too , i wonder why Samsung and LG use this tech?

Alienware used it for the 13inch gaming laptop. Warranty suicide?

It was an issue just like it was an issue with plasma Tvs , but technology got better.

If you dont like the tech then thats fine , i like it and i can see the improvement over the years.

I love older but it still isnt developed enough to be used in monitor. Phones automatically turn off after like 5 minutes and their static elements arent as static. The taskbar is nearly always visible.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Just now, Majestic said:

>make claim
>get asked for source
>google it.

brilliant, my dude. 

Why waste my energy on naysayers , i have been following this tech for years , do you want me to quote every single article that i read? I said the technology has improved , you dont belived it?  thats fine. Moving on.

If it was for people like you we would still playing doom on windows 3.1,

1 minute ago, Vandorlot said:

I love older but it still isnt developed enough to be used in monitor. Phones automatically turn off after like 5 minutes and their static elements arent as static. The taskbar is nearly always visible.

If this issues are so evident why did razer and alienware used it on their products?