Increase in nonskippable ads on channels watch regularly?

I dunno whether it's coincidence but recently I noticed a trend  in YouTube ads. Non skippable ads are starting to appear more frequently on channels I watch regularly. Not complaining but anyone else have the same experience? Or is it just coincidence?

Just now, KuJoe said:

I noticed the same thing, so I resolved it by getting a YouTube Red subscription. No more ads. :)

Thought they shut down YouTube red.

Just now, krish9116 said:

Thought they shut down YouTube red.

Nope, they are investing a lot of money into it and pushing a lot of YouTube RED exclusive content.

-KuJoe

Just now, KuJoe said:

Nope, they are investing a lot of money into it and pushing a lot of YouTube RED exclusive content.

Gotta check that out then.

or just use adblock. 

no but seriously, that happened for a while, but i think google noticed a trend in people installing adblock because 3 minute unskippable ads is unacceptable. so i guess they stopped it. 

She/Her

I use Adblock, so I have no clue about desktop, but on my phone it tends to be mostly un-skipable ads too. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

I don't mind watching ads , just an observation. 

Btwred is not available in India.

1 minute ago, krish9116 said:

I don't mind watching ads , just an observation. 

Btwred is not available in India.

i don't mind either, i ave adblock off on youtube, but 3 minute ads are not funny. especially on a TQ video that lasts for 3 mins.

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

i don't mind either, i ave adblock off on youtube, but 3 minute ads are not funny. especially on a TQ video that lasts for 3 mins.

True that.

While on this topic, if I skip or don't skip an ad does it affect the creators cut?

Well, on my phone (adblock on desktop), yes i can notice it. Though for me, there tends to be more 5 sec ads and a few more longer, non skippable ads than before. Before, there were more often like, 30 sec ads that u could skip in 5 sec.

1 minute ago, -TesseracT- said:

Well, on my phone (adblock on desktop), yes i can notice it. Though for me, there tends to be more 5 sec ads and a few more longer, non skippable ads than before. Before, there were more often like, 30 sec ads that u could skip in 5 sec.

Getting more like 10 to 15 s range. Will update through the week.

3 minutes ago, krish9116 said:

While on this topic, if I skip or don't skip an ad does it affect the creators cut?

Skipping an AD means the advertiser doesn't have to pay and thus creators don't get a cut.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, krish9116 said:

Getting more like 10 to 15 s range. Will update through the week.

Yes me too, when they'rre longer than 5 sec.

I use Adguard (purchased) and don't have any problems.  Good luck.

what i find funny about this is that linus once said in, i believe an honest answers video, that they don't enable unskippable ads...

She/Her

OG youtube (non root) does quite a good job on mobile for me, and there are much better adblock options for phones with root.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

I noticed some even had 2 ads. One would play, i'd skip, then another would play. Would say "ad 1/2" and i was like "uhhhhh"

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
The Gaming/Streaming/Editing Rig: Codename
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

Day 2

I noticed a definite increase in unskippable ads while using the YouTube app on Android. Watched a total of 6 to 10 videos almost 5 had ads and only one had a skippable ad. Haven't checked it on the PC side yet.

I've noticed more and more ads in the middle of videos.  And I'm not talking ads done by the video producer but the video I'm watching suddenly cut off, and ad played and then the video restarting a few seconds before the point it cut off.  I don't mind adverts at the start (as long as they aren't 90 second or more unskippables), but this is really annoying.

And yes, I have seen it happen in LTT videos.

I wouldn't mind seeing some variety in the adverts too, I'm sick of the same thing over and over and over again.  A note to advertisers: If I see an ad once or twice I might be interested, if I see the same damn thing 500 times I'm going to avoid your brand like the plague.

I just block ads directly in my router(dd-wrt + firewall script), so at home, I don't get any ads, regardless of the device I use.
But personally, I've never seen an ad that wasn't skippable after 5 seconds.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro