DT880 vs HD600 comparison

ramencupofjoy
31 minutes ago, SSL said:

The DT 880 is not more detailed.

It's a matter of opinion, I personally feel like this is true to an extent after listening to a pair. Doesn't mean the sound is better, though.

1 hour ago, ramencupofjoy said:

It's a matter of opinion, I personally feel like this is true to an extent after listening to a pair. Doesn't mean the sound is better, though.

It's not a matter of opinion. Either the headphone produces more detail or it doesn't. And in this case it doesn't; the sense of "detail" is just from the elevated treble. "Detail" as a descriptor really doesn't mean much anyway. Too vague.

Invalid points:
- HD600 is more detailed than DT880, it's just that an over-emphasis on treble gives a false sense of detail.

- HD6x0 clamping force only lasts for 1-2 weeks or you can stretch it out if you have a big head. Since comfort is subjective, you can't speak for everyone else and that point is irrelevant.

I'd choose HD600 over the DT880 anyday.

Also the HD6x0 is more reliable. I had 2 pairs of beyers, one came to me DOA and the other one that didn't break sounded like ass.

Calling the DT880 more detailed than the HD600 is like confusing brightness and contrast. One's more impressive initially, but the other is better in practice. Soundstage is a mixed bag; the HD600 extends deeper and has better imaging.

Wouldn't call the HD600 harder to drive either. Even compared to the 250 ohm DT880, it needs less voltage and less power to reach the same volume despite having higher impedance. The fact that it scales further with better amplification should be added as a pro.

Probably would opt for a HD650 or K7XX myself though, depending on what I was doing.

The two are just the different side of the same coin. It really comes down to sound preference because both headphones are at the same price bracket and performance level.

Personally I like more treble in my music so I've always like DT880 more than the HD600 but there are some people who would prefer the HD600 more because in general it has warmer sound and warmer sound has always been the easiest type of sound to be liked.

In general, HD600 gives a sense of natural sounding headphone. The vocal is really really good and it sounds more like speakers. DT880 has a very detailed overall sound. It gives the impression of clarity the first time hearing it. HD600 is better for people who listen to a lot of vocal oriented music like accoustic or some pop music, while DT880 is better at music that's more instruments oriented like rock

What other devices were used in these comparisons?

Those Can play a major role