What is the latest time you've ever stayed awake for?

Geekazoid

Hey guys,

Just thought I would ask a rather curious question (read it above).

The latest that I've EVER stayed awake for is 5:00am.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I've gone 5 days without sleep.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

2 days.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

6 days I believe, you feel like dying at that point

You really do... 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Hey guys,

This is hilarious.

Does playing Final Fantasy Tactics, Crash Bandicoot, The Bouncer, and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for 3 days straight count? How late is that? 

FYI, this was without sugar or caffeine.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

How do you guys stay awake for so long? After 5am I just Konk out.

2.5 days studying for BA Eng. finals. I automatically fall sick when I do that. Not good for the system.

Spoiler

I could stay up late when i was a little kid, now at teenager years it's really hard :( Can barely stay up till 3am. And then sleep for 15 hours.. :D

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

This is hilarious.

Does playing Final Fantasy Tactics, Crash Bandicoot, The Bouncer, and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for 3 days straight count? How late is that? 

I'm afraid that does not count.

Nah, just joking!

There was a glitch where non-pay-to-play players could do PvP in an MMO I'm really into, and I stayed up all night and didn't sleep until the next night.

It was also finals, lol.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

This is hilarious.

I call BS

Spoiler

I could stay up late when i was a little kid, now at teenager years it's really hard :( Can barely stay up till 3am. And then sleep for 15 hours.. :D

You wait till you become an adult. It's all downhill from there (haha).

Hey guys,

hah. I go home from work at 6:00AM 

I've been awake for about 4 days straight once. wouldn't do that again

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I have countless 3 and 2 day marathons, but that's in the nature of my job sometimes

Shift work + insomnia =great times

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

hah. I go home from work at 6:00AM 

I've been awake for about 4 days straight once. wouldn't do that again

Longest I've been awake for was something like 36-40 hours. You start getting bored of everything really quickly and you feel like a giant pile of shit.

I call BS

It very well could be. I've stayed up that long twice. Once for Final Fantasy Tactics, and once for all the other games I mentioned (massive gaming marathon).

Due to the effects that a lack of sleep has upon your memory, I believe at least one of those stints did not involve caffeine or sugar while the other did, but I can't be sure of it. Take it as you will.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

About 2 days or so. Long haul flights & jet lag are not fun...

Our final field exercise in officer training lasted from Tuesday to Wednesday the next

week. The first time we were allowed to sleep was between Saturday and Sunday

(~6 hrs), then we got another three hours of sleep between Sunday and Monday, six

hours from Monday to Tuesday and then we had to march back to base, which lasted

until Wednesday morning (~20 hours of marching more or less, plus about two hours'

worth of interruptions for eating IIRC).

So I'd estimate about 114 hours would be my max.

Interestingly, as long as I was physically active, it wasn't the sleep deprivation

getting to me, but the hunger (we also had very, very little to eat until saturday

evening). Since we were very physically active and it was pretty cold (last days

of snow) we burnt a lot of calories that weren't getting replaced. Our stomachs

actually started to physically hurt, and not just a little.

But then again, I was just regular infantry, there are much more demanding tests out

there for those in more hardcore branches/units.

But all things considered, I hope I never have to do that again, once was sufficent.

Nowadays, I rarely go more than 20 hours without sleep. I'm not 20 anymore (yeah,

those few years between your early and late twenties actually make a difference,

at least IME). ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I have gone 2 days without sleeping, studying....

9pm. What a wild time!

i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB | Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 Ghz | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | Toshiba 7200rpm 3TB | Seasonic 660W Platinum | Corsair H100i

Logitech G400s | Ducky Shine III Cherry MX Brown

3 and a half days.

Our final field exercise in officer training lasted from Tuesday to Wednesday the next

week. The first time we were allowed to sleep was between Saturday and Sunday

(~6 hrs), then we got another three hours of sleep between Sunday and Monday, six

hours from Monday to Tuesday and then we had to march back to base, which lasted

until Wednesday morning (~20 hours of marching more or less, plus about two hours'

worth of interruptions for eating IIRC).

So I'd estimate about 114 hours would be my max.

Interestingly, as long as I was physically active, it wasn't the sleep deprivation

getting to me, but the hunger (we also had very, very little to eat until saturday

evening). Since we were very physically active and it was pretty cold (last days

of snow) we burnt a lot of calories that weren't getting replaced. Our stomachs

actually started to physically hurt, and not just a little.

But then again, I was just regular infantry, there are much more demanding tests out

there for those in more hardcore branches/units.

But all things considered, I hope I never have to do that again, once was sufficent.

Nowadays, I rarely go more than 20 hours without sleep. I'm not 20 anymore (yeah,

those few years between your early and late twenties actually make a difference,

at least IME). ;)

isnt it the case that in your country everybody has to do militairy training?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

This

Fellow soldier here, US military though, staying up durring feild training is a whole different thing than just staying up playing BF4 (which I would do for fun).  You dont get tired, sleep wise, when moving around, but when you have to lay prone at night staring down the barrel of your rifle after walking for the last 12 hours carring 50lbs of stuff at least, that is when it gets really hard.