Tripple wide vs dual stack

TVwazhere

I've asked the only other employee in the company who has triple monitors and he's suggested triple wide, but I'm always open to other opinions.

I have two 22" 1080P monitors and one 27" 4k monitor in the middle at work, and with all three having their own stand, it's making desk space a bit of a premium. I'm wondering if I should get a triple wide monitor stand, or have the two 1080's stacked on top of each other, with their bezels in line with the middle of the 4k screen (This way one monitor isnt way higher than the other two)

I drew it to scale, because I can

monitor.PNG

20171011_102916.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

You may have an easier time w/ 3 arms. I went that route because I had to, but find it waaaaaay more useful than a triple mount was. Unless you never need to re-position the monitors. I don't like the top option at all visually, but that doesn't speak for its usefulness.

3 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

You may have an easier time w/ 3 arms. I went that route because I had to, but find it waaaaaay more useful than a triple mount was. Unless you never need to re-position the monitors. I don't like the top option at all visually, but that doesn't speak for its usefulness.

My monitors remain stationary, no need to move them around or adjust viewing

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

If you feel like having three monitors across your desk doesn't take up too much desk real estate I would go that route. The bezels on the stack would bother me a ton, and I wouldn't care for possibly having to shift my eyes/neck upwards instead of just side to side. Lastly, I think that there will just be an overall better flow of work  with three across rather than two stacked, but that is just my opinion!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7Ghz MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4) Storage: Crucial MX300 275Gb | WD Blue 1Tb

GPU: XFX RS RX480 8Gb Case: Corsair 270R PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Monitors: HP 22cwa | BenQ BL2420PT  Cans: ATH-M50x 

What about putting the 2 smaller monitors to each side but in portrait?

If you read a lot it's quite handy.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

33 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

What about putting the 2 smaller monitors to each side but in portrait?

If you read a lot it's quite handy.

I've found I usually need more horizontal room than vertical when it comes to the side monitors, but I did think about that. Not an option I'm seriously considering at this point though