"Interesting" way of trying to become the new Linus

KaareKanin

So I was planning on watching Chris Harris powerslide some epic car like a bawse on the youtubes when the pre-video ad caught my eye.

So this guy, xxTECHISMASONxx, seems to want to become a big Tech-youtuber... and he obviously paid money to have this video roll as an ad on other videos... eh-what? It strikes me as a very interesting tactic, just not a good one. I don't know about you guys, but I wasn't convinced by the video. It doesn't strike me as a style of videos I particularly want to see, but what got me the most was just how he seems to want to take a short-cut to fame. The Google algorithms must be working, because I'm fairly interested in tech, but even though I'm supposedly his target audience, I absolutely didn't want to watch anymore of his content. I don't know what a single pre-roll of a video costs, but a "small-time" youtuber just wasted some amount of money on having his video sponsor content I wanted to see.

Any thoughts, not looking to start a hate thread here, just interested in what you guys thing of this

Maybe LinusTech, who is the absolute expert in things YouTube in these neck of the woods, has some valuable insight into this or thoughts?

P.S. Did a forum search, didn't find anything, but if it's a repost, you know what to do ;)

P.P.S. Like fast cars driven like a 780Ti drives [insert favourite title here]? Check out Chris Harris :P

He act's very fake.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I cant take very seriously someone whos username starts with xXX or else. Plus, Linus has been on YouTube even before being a YouTuber was a thing. This guy might be enthusiastic, but he lacks of any new content. Nothing original on his channel. 

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte 870A-USB3 | Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333 MHz | ASUS nVidia ENGTX460 1 GB | Corsair H60 

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Edition | Toshiba 1 TB HDD | Logitech G300 | Cheapo Keyboard | Genius GX Gaming Lychas | SteelSeries Qck Mass Le White

Ditch the dewrag and the earring

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Reminds me of that ad where there is the harlem shake...

Very annoying.

Y'all are just racists and shit... :P

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

lmfao

Intel Core i7 4770k | MSI Z87 | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz  Kingston HyperX | GeForce GTX 780 | Fractal Design Define R4 | 1TB WD Blue | CX600 | Corsair H100i

"If you're a geek" NOPE!! F THAT SHIT IM OUTTA HERE!

Im a nerd. I can actually make stuff work, I dont just put on hipster glasses, grab my iPhone and watch whatever tv show is big at the current time while wearing shirt about said show.... Stupid geeks... *Grumble, grumble*

lol his camera pans on this video = gold

Damn! I can understand that he would pay to get known if he made good videos and struggled with getting viewers, but at his level, he's just wasting money...

Guys you don't pay for those.. on my channel I have an option called fan finder. Here is a screenie.utube.jpg

looks to me like he is looking to be more like MKBHD than linus (not because of his ethnicity but because of his style in video) but i got to say he lost his "quality" after the panning and glamour shots  

Just another guy trying to be big on YT.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

>xxTECHISMASONxx

>xx

He is secretly a 14 year old girl on Myspace from 2005?