Do you like the new forum update?

Do you like the new forum update?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new forum update?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I don't care, I just want to troll this poll

i would love to see the reps at the previous position on the left side & the top ribbon with the new menu seems a bit of a clutter , other than that getting used to the new style.

Details separate people.

I'll be honest, I barely notice any changes on desktop.

I guess I'm just not paying enough attention.

Edit : "X Reacted to a post in a topic Y"

wtf is this shit? It's not even telling us anymore if it's to your post or some other post and what they did (liked/agreed/funny/informative), this is a downgrade.

At least make it "X reacted to your post in topic Y"

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

TBH I hate it. I wish it would revert back to the old version or have an option to do so in preferences.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

13 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Even Macs let you use chrome or firefox or anything you want.

Yeah, I thought they might, but as I didn't know for sure was just saying I didn't know.

13 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Locked user account with custom policies that either blacklists every browser known to the organization other than IE11, or whitelists only IE11.

Ahh I see, from the post text it seemed like @Ithanul was saying there were certain laptops (brands/models) that wouldn't let you do this. Not that the laptops in question had been purposely locked down, no matter the brand/model.

10 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Yep, other browsers are only to be installed if the user absolutely requires the browser for their job (which is very few individuals).  Most of the time though, it is rare, especially on the network out here (seriously, they through fits when the HIPs is not installed properly).  Plus, you want to talk about a slow W10....they manage it with all the security software running.  Heck, you can even get your account locked for typing the wrong things in a search engine.

It is called GPOs, blacklists, and whitelists.  I sometimes have to go around to even allow authorized programs to start if the user logging in initially.  Pretty much, if the software is not on the list, you are not allowed to install.  And, if you do....well....depending on the network and software in question, it can mean either sever punishment or jail time.  Reason I am glad there are a few forums that play nice on these systems as it lets passing the boring time between fixing network issues out here go by a bit quicker.

Yeah, I was just asking for clarification as it seemed you were saying certain makes/models were locked down to one browser... which I haven't heard of and also I believe goes against monopoly/anti-trust laws, unless they are only marketed as such and for specific purposes regarding security. I believe MS had a really bad time of it at one point when they were shipping windows with certain products as the default and made it hard for users to change... in fact that happened a few times with MS IIRC.

Anyway, no worries, I obviously don't know you, so don't know your history or competency with PC matters, just wanted to make sure you weren't just overlooking something if you were a noob :)

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

is it just me or does the forum seem to be running much slower? opening threads in new tabs  or opening the forum for the first time takes much longer to start to load. and no it's not my internet or browser, this is across multiple devices and all other websites are loading fine

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I voted yes AND i'm trolling this poll.

trollface.jpg?1296494117

In all seriousness, the entire forum seems to be more mobile friendly now.