8100, 8350k, 8400, 8600k, 8700 and 8700k pricing in the Philippines

pajpaj
17 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

They don't have the Define C or the Meshify C which are things of beauty 

Oh, that is sad to know, hope someone sell it here.

9 hours ago, pajpaj said:

This will give you the rough estimate of how much Coffee Lake will cost you in your region.

Pricing from PCHub Philippines:

Actual Conversion, Tax included:

• i7 8700 - PHP 17,620 = USD 343.30
  • i7 8700k - PHP 20,950 = USD 408.18

Note:

This store sometimes priced their products higher if they are the only one who are selling it, for example here the price of Ryzen 1950x is USD 1169.021.

Source: https://awesome-table.com/-KrkkVbKZR_HZ2x8lsHk/view

For me, right now, the pricing is not that good especially here, I am confident this price will decrease once other stores start to sell Coffee Lake too. The prices right now are not that competitive against the Ryzen offerings especially here where people always look for budget oriented builds, for example a Ryzen 1700 is just PHP 16,000 or USD 311.74. I do hope that the price will be the same as their predecessors but it may not happen. My opinion may change once the benchmarks are released.

covfefe.png

given trends in india its gonna be about 40ish K INR , :'(

Damn. PHP4K+ over the R7 1700, and doesn't come with a sweet stock cooler that has RGB can cool even a mild OC.

Guess I'mma go stick with mah AyyMD. :V

But seriously, at least there's already 'the other choice' that's not a 4 core/8 thread CPU at the equivalent price bracket. At least...

Click here to claim your free Linus plushie.

On 9/15/2017 at 11:53 PM, pajpaj said:

Yes I agree. Hope motherboards will be competitive too and will have an long-term upgrade path like AM4.

I've never seen Intel do this in the decade+ I've been into this stuff outside of their HEDT platform, and even then it was only like 2 generations.

As is, we know Kaby Lake's platform is dead since Coffee Lake won't support it, so I won't be holding my breath.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Will 7700k CPU's work in the new boards?

If not, fuck Intel, I'm going AMD with my next purchase.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 9/17/2017 at 6:18 AM, Trik'Stari said:

If not, fuck Intel, I'm going AMD with my next purchase.

Why would you upgrade the motherboard before the CPU? There's rarely ever a reason to.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

Why would you upgrade the motherboard before the CPU? There's rarely ever a reason to.

New features would be one reason.  Upgrading in stages (get the motherboard now, replace the CPU later) would be another reason.  Also, motherboard failing and wanting to replace it with something newer yet not needing to upgrade the CPU at that time.  There's lots of reasons you may not have considered.

7 hours ago, Jito463 said:

New features would be one reason.  Upgrading in stages (get the motherboard now, replace the CPU later) would be another reason.  Also, motherboard failing and wanting to replace it with something newer yet not needing to upgrade the CPU at that time.  There's lots of reasons you may not have considered.

Eh, there aren't really any new features on the board afaik.

I've considered them all, and none bothered me. It's Intel as usual. People shouldn't be surprised.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Eh, there aren't really any new features on the board afaik.

I've considered them all, and none bothered me. It's Intel as usual. People shouldn't be surprised.

I wasn't referring to any specific board.  You just said you didn't see any reason to upgrade the board first, so I gave you a few reasons why it might be prudent to do so.

4 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I wasn't referring to any specific board.  You just said you didn't see any reason to upgrade the board first, so I gave you a few reasons why it might be prudent to do so.

I was referring to a specific one when I made the comment, thus your reply is a little out of context.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

I was referring to a specific one when I made the comment, thus your reply is a little out of context.

What specific board?  I don't see any specific board being discussed, just the new chipset.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:18 AM, Trik'Stari said:

14 hours ago, dizmo said:

Sounds pretty generalized to me.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:12 PM, Jon Jon said:

I've never seen Intel do this in the decade+ I've been into this stuff outside of their HEDT platform, and even then it was only like 2 generations.

As is, we know Kaby Lake's platform is dead since Coffee Lake won't support it, so I won't be holding my breath.

I'm in my 3rd decade now, Intel have never really been interested in maintaining old hardware compatability.  In fact no one has.  That is why you can't put ddr 3 in a ddr4 motherboard or upgrade a phenom (AM2/3) to an FX (FM1/2). In fact you can't even put an AM2 CPU into an AM3 board.    AMD has traditionally had about a 3 year socket life for their gear while Intel has run with 2 years.    Nothing new here, so I don't really understand why anyone thought it would be different.   Even when the rumors first came out that CL was going to use 1151 people got excited at the thought of being able to whack a CF CPU in their current mobo (because it wasn't expected).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

I'm in my 3rd decade now, Intel have never really been interested in maintaining old hardware compatability.  In fact no one has.  That is why you can't put ddr 3 in a ddr4 motherboard or upgrade a phenom (AM2/3) to an FX (FM1/2). In fact you can't even put an AM2 CPU into an AM3 board.    AMD has traditionally had about a 3 year socket life for their gear while Intel has run with 2 years.    Nothing new here, so I don't really understand why anyone thought it would be different.   Even when the rumors first came out that CL was going to use 1151 people got excited at the thought of being able to whack a CF CPU in their current mobo (because it wasn't expected).

Though I do not necessarily agree with your comparison (FM1/2 and AM2/3/3+ are not the same type of platform, and AM3 chips were backwards compatible with AM2 boards), overall I do agree :).

I always felt like Kaby Lake was just a DOA type platform from the start in terms of value and an upgrade path.

Here we are, 10 months later, and it's already essentially dead. Part of that is thanks to AMD, of course.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

7 hours ago, Jon Jon said:

Though I do not necessarily agree with your comparison (FM1/2 and AM2/3/3+ are not the same type of platform, and AM3 chips were backwards compatible with AM2 boards), overall I do agree :).

I always felt like Kaby Lake was just a DOA type platform from the start in terms of value and an upgrade path.

Here we are, 10 months later, and it's already essentially dead. Part of that is thanks to AMD, of course.

Fair enough about the platform thing, however not all AM2 motherboards supported AM3 cpu's and that as an upgrade path wasn't really flash given the only real improvement you were getting from the the AM3 CPU was 1 extra core and some minor internal improvements (in most cases).  All the other advantages like ddr3 etc where not supported by the mobo.

I'm not trying to pull AMD  down here, just trying to show  that the concept of there ever being a straightforward CPU only upgrade path that is viable has never really existed, let alone banking on one in the future.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, Nicholatian said:

No, they won’t. Which is precisely why I am also moving to AMD… and I was holding my breath for support out of my Z170 board. It’s a massive waste.

All that’s left now is for a nice mITX board from AMD to come along… and I’m very apt to go all the way with Ryzen 7.

Same because the NZXT Manta is freaking awesome looking.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just wanna point out that in PH, PCHub is one of those who sell with the cheapest price.

But their online customer service is real shyt and their process for warranty claims are tedious. Well they're not scared of losing customers because of their competitive pricing.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

• 2 weeks later...