In memory of Bruno Gulotta of Tom's Hardware Italty

NumLock21

RIP.

But terrorism will never end :/, its just a matter of if, where and by whom.

Groomlake Authority

41 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Unfortunately that won't do anything, there are plenty of ways to communicate even if you block their websites. Tor comes to mind, but there are plenty of dedicated messengers they can use - they could even develop their own if they must.

If mourning a tech community member becomes a religion flamewar perhaps there's something wrong here.

You really think those people are smart enough to do develop their own app or messenger when they are that unstable?

5 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

You really think those people are smart enough to do develop their own app or messenger when they are that unstable?

They aren't "unstable". Most extremists are fully sane and conscious of their doings. Unless you think that crimes, in general, should be treated for by the social institution of medicine rather than the social institution of law. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

13 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

They aren't "unstable". Most extremists are fully sane and conscious of their doings. Unless you think that crimes, in general, should be treated for by the social institution of medicine rather than the social institution of law. 

clearly you never seen fanatics before.

2 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

clearly you never seen fanatics before.

The boy band?

Spoiler

Image result for fnatic

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Aftermath video of the attack have been posted on the web...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

My condolences to all of the families of the victims. The world's in a really screwed up state right now. I'm personally glad that I've turned off the news and news websites a long time ago.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Translated from Tom's Hardware Italy. Link is in the OP

The news came to us suddenly last night in the carefree climate of August. Colleague and friend Bruno Gulotta was overwhelmed and killed by an infamous terrorist in the heart of Barcelona.

He was away there, along with his companion and his two children. He had posted on Facebook the stages of his journey, and everything seemed to proceed as one would expect from a vacation. A photo from Cannes, one of Las Ramblas in Barcelona. And then what no one expects: The death of a young man, father, and life partner of the mother of his children.

We spent the night trying to keep lucid, to communicate to the close friends and acquaintances about the news; many wondered if it was a macabre joke or if it was reality. And then we started to read online publications, competing to collect as much news, photos, and videos of this young Italian, dead in a terrorist attack in Barcelona.

It is a tragedy that strikes us in so many aspects, one more dramatic than the other. We are thinking of his companion Martina, who, with the strength of a young mom, must now face something nobody should have to. We put ourselves in the shoes of little Alexander, who is preparing to start elementary school with the awareness that his life and family will no longer be the same. And then we think of little Aria, who will not remember the horrible scene, but she will never know her dad.

Bruno was a point of reference, a central figure, for all those who knew him, including us at Tom’s Hardware. Anyone who contacted him, whether it was customers, suppliers, or web stars, was impressed by his kindness and professionalism. He had an insatiable hunger for knowledge, and he was a real enthusiast--one of us--even though he later decided to move full time to marketing and sales. And in that role I have never known a more capable person. He loved to study every aspect of his profession. He was an insatiable reader and a greedy searcher of perfection.

We talked for hours and hours on productivity and personal development systems and exchanged readings. Anyone who had a problem with a computer, or software, or a web platform could ask and find a solution by coming to Bruno, even if they didn't work with him. Bruno was a really generous and heartfelt person. He was able to lead a rich family life and a brilliant professional career with a balance that I will always envy.

Personally, Bruno grounded me. Every time I had a problem or a complex issue that perplexed me, I talked to him. And it was not just business talk. We discussed the education of children, vaccines, alternative medicine, natural nutrition, diet, and physical preparation. I do not know how I will endure the view of his empty workplace in the office and think about how much I will miss this life and career companion.

But now all that matters is giving Bruno's family all of our support.

Rest in peace Bruno. We will remember you forever. You have been a such a life force, and I promise that I will also never forget this last and tragic lesson. And you will always be in my mind whenever I feel the need for a friendly voice, as if you were still alive.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, Bcat00 said:

Trust me, there are smart people inside ISIS or they wouldn't be a problem. They are definitely smart enough to switch to tor.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

One of the other Italian victims, Luca Russo, had graduated in my university course last year, in the same city

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam