xXBlackIceXx
8 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

get the one in your signature then, seems more or less reasonable, if a bit overkill on storage.

I suppose that brings it all back around to being able to spend your money though.  So far theyve taught you its not worth it to save since it'll just be locked away against your will, and that you then need to rob a bank to get what you need.  Not a good lesson lol

Yea. My FREAKING  AMERICAN mother not a good influence. My dad doesnt even care that much.

41 minutes ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

Emergencies like what? Also wwhat is coffee lake

Necessities in life too many to mention. But then at the end of the day, it's your money and it's up to you how you spend it. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

Necessities in life too many to mention. But then at the end of the day, it's your money and it's up to you how you spend it. 

What neccesities does a 15 year old need that his parents dont supply? Candy?

3 minutes ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

The life lesson to save money while young aka financial independence. 

2 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

The life lesson to save money while young aka financial independence. 

Dindt he already learn a lesson by getting that much money himself instead of mommy and daddy buying the shit he wants?

2 hours ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

Yea. My FREAKING  AMERICAN mother not a good influence. My dad doesnt even care that much.

You mother seems out of this text the only one who is using her mind right now, that you dad doesn't care is a BAD thing....

I think she is going to far with letting you not buy the thing YOU actually saved for, but if you have to pay for college YOURSELF later on then it might be a good thing to not buy a 1080 TI etc.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

24 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

Dindt he already learn a lesson by getting that much money himself instead of mommy and daddy buying the shit he wants?

I also told him at the end of the day, it's his choice since it's his own money. Also as a forum mod pointed out, this post should've been a status update instead of a thread in "Off Topic".

I know but i disagreed with your last comment and thats why i only quoted that one.

29 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Also as a forum mod pointed out, this post should've been a status update instead of a thread in "Off Topic".

And yes i guess so? I did not say this should have been a forum post? Not really sure why you telling me this. I agree that it should have been a status update.

8 hours ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

There are multiple things:

1. General spending money

2. College tuition

3. Living funds for college (Eg: Rent, groceries, books)

4. Saving for a car

5. Paying for gas, once you can drive

6. Paying for car insurance

7. large purchases in the future (PC, like you want to buy, laptop, new phone, camera, etc)

And yes, 1. covers Candy. So yes, Candy too.

The point is, if your family is very wealthy, maybe they'll pay for all of that stuff - but if they do, you won't learn the respect and value of money.

For most people, their parents won't (can't afford to) pay for those things.

I would talk to your mother. Have a nice, calm, adult conversation with her. Don't get mad, yell, raise your voice, or get upset. Be calm, and rational. Offer a compromise. How much would she like you to spend, so that you can also still buy and build a PC? Offer to buy cheaper parts (Eg: drop that 1080 TI for your first ever build, replace it with an AMD RX 580 or a GTX 1070. Replace the 500GB SSD with a smaller SSD. Replace the 3TB HDD with a 2TB HDD).

My next question is: How did you save up this money? Was it predominantly money that your parents gave you? Or did you earn it via a paid job?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Why do you need a new PC? You already have Ryzen 5 and a 1080 ti, which is way more than enough.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Why do you need a new PC? You already have Ryzen 5 and a 1080 ti, which is way more than enough.

That's his build plan. That's the PC he's trying to buy.

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Know what's awesome?  Being an adult! :D  I can stay up all night playing video games and then fry up an entire pound of bacon just because I decide to!

As a fellow bacon lover, if you haven't tried this yet, it's amazing:

Get a large baking sheet, line w/ tin foil. Take an oven safe wire cooling/baking rack (Like where you let cookies cool), place on top of baking sheet. Place bacon in a single layer on the rack (you can have them touching, just don't overlap), and bake at like, 350F for around 15-25 minutes.

I did this with CostCo extra thick sliced maple bacon, and damn it was so good. You can cook an entire pound at a time, whereas frying bacon takes forever (Unless you're like my dad, who takes a frozen package, puts the entire thing in the frying pan, and adds some water, and puts a lid on... don't be like my dad).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

25 minutes ago, JayKay3000 said:

But the kids an idiot. His parents are putting his money into a savings account to teach him a future life lesson that's lost on him now. Doing it in the hopes that when he does get a job he doesn't blow his first pay on something material and having nothing left to pay bills. When he grows up he'll realize that he have just made a bunch of money that week or month and it would be nice to spend it on a holiday or something fun, but in the end he's got to pay for your living expenses and other things that are more boring than just spending the whole lot on something fun or putting that money towards a house because maybe this kid will be raising a family and the last thing on his mind will be what epic pc he can build.

But all this is lost on him now and in 10 years time he'll have forgotten he wrote his complaint and laugh at his young self if it still exists on the Internet.

I get your point and it depends on his situation for sure like i said before if he got to pay for his collega etc soon enough. Than his mom will have a great point here.

But it means it does not FUCK up his mindset on money in a flick of a switch. The first money i earned when to the build i got now without a SSD and an other GPU. 7 years back.

It was the only money i had back then and even loaned like a tiny bit which i payed back to my parents. Did it ruin my mindset and acknowledge that there are WAY more important things, no.

Can we know it ruins HIS? No we dont know that person who probably worked some good time for that money to get that build.

Thats why i also pointed out IF he got to pay alot of "Important" stuff the upcoming few years because his parents wont pay for college for example like MINE did.

Than this might be a good step of the mother, else if he earned it hard and well. cut him some slack, the build can be way cheaper it doesnt have to be specific a 1080 Ti etc and it will be fine probably.

Before someone makes the argument "You dont know either if his mindset about how valuable and important money is for other shit will change". YES thats why i said probably.

A general rule that I have when I am about to spend a good bit of money is if I can afford to buy two of said item. It not only insures me that I am able to buy it again in case it fails, but it also gives me some leeway for other expenses. Just my two cents on the matter. (Hehe, money pun.)

Note: This does not apply for bigger purchases like rent, car payment and mortagage.

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

There are multiple things:

1. General spending money

2. College tuition

3. Living funds for college (Eg: Rent, groceries, books)

4. Saving for a car

5. Paying for gas, once you can drive

6. Paying for car insurance

7. large purchases in the future (PC, like you want to buy, laptop, new phone, camera, etc)

And yes, 1. covers Candy. So yes, Candy too.

The point is, if your family is very wealthy, maybe they'll pay for all of that stuff - but if they do, you won't learn the respect and value of money.

For most people, their parents won't (can't afford to) pay for those things.

I would talk to your mother. Have a nice, calm, adult conversation with her. Don't get mad, yell, raise your voice, or get upset. Be calm, and rational. Offer a compromise. How much would she like you to spend, so that you can also still buy and build a PC? Offer to buy cheaper parts (Eg: drop that 1080 TI for your first ever build, replace it with an AMD RX 580 or a GTX 1070. Replace the 500GB SSD with a smaller SSD. Replace the 3TB HDD with a 2TB HDD).

My next question is: How did you save up this money? Was it predominantly money that your parents gave you? Or did you earn it via a paid job?

Paid job. My older sister is 18 and just got her first job......

1 hour ago, JayKay3000 said:

But the kids an idiot. His parents are putting his money into a savings account to teach him a future life lesson that's lost on him now. Doing it in the hopes that when he does get a job he doesn't blow his first pay on something material and having nothing left to pay bills. When he grows up he'll realize that he have just made a bunch of money that week or month and it would be nice to spend it on a holiday or something fun, but in the end he's got to pay for your living expenses and other things that are more boring than just spending the whole lot on something fun or putting that money towards a house because maybe this kid will be raising a family and the last thing on his mind will be what epic pc he can build.

But all this is lost on him now and in 10 years time he'll have forgotten he wrote his complaint and laugh at his young self if it still exists on the Internet.

I got the money through my first job and i have no doubts that even if i got a pc id be able to support my future self

13 hours ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

When you finally have enough money to get a pc. And your parents make you put it in the saving account you cant touch....... FML RIP DREAMS

You should be glad to have a saving at all :P

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Know what's awesome?  Being an adult! :D  I can stay up all night playing video games and then fry up an entire pound of bacon just because I decide to!

Damn lucky. Im not even an adult yet and i already have to do one of those. Everyday i have to cook for my family...

43 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

A general rule that I have when I am about to spend a good bit of money is if I can afford to buy two of said item. It not only insures me that I am able to buy it again in case it fails, but it also gives me some leeway for other expenses. Just my two cents on the matter. (Hehe, money pun.)

Note: This does not apply for bigger purchases like rent, car payment and mortagage.

I was pretty damn close.

10 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

You should be glad to have a saving at all :P

Holy shit your build is dope. But i made about 4 grand in 2 months and they put it in savings ill make about the same for tge next 3 years so ill have about 12 grand. By then my wages will be higher and ill probably be making 5-6 grand per month. If i take 1 year to think about college/work. 48 Grand going into college. I think thats plenty - the 24 grand for college would be  24 grand. Or if i got a scholarship you get what im saying

Just now, xXBlackIceXx said:

I think thats plenty

Why thank you, I actually sold it today to someone I know from work just today to make funds for a new one ^^

Any ways, I do understand how it feels, when I got my first job I just wasted all the money and even so it made no difference in my life really, I think that if you have the means to afford it you should be able to "waste" it so I deeply agree with your view, however I don't think it is worth buying an argue, keep saving until next year at least, when we have Volta and 10nm Intel processors then you'll be able to make a dope build yourself ^^

cheers!

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Why not try convincing them to let you build something a bit more modest? Maybe something like a GTX 1060 and Ryzen 5 1400 or Ryzen 3 1300x. That way they won't need to take all the money out of your savings account, and you can have a reasonably powerful PC.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Why thank you, I actually sold it today to someone I know from work just today to make funds for a new one ^^

Any ways, I do understand how it feels, when I got my first job I just wasted all the money and even so it made no difference in my life really, I think that if you have the means to afford it you should be able to "waste" it so I deeply agree with your view, however I don't think it is worth buying an argue, keep saving until next year at least, when we have Volta and 10nm Intel processors then you'll be able to make a dope build yourself ^^

cheers!

Well my thoughts were get a decent pc this year. Then i can give it to my dad to use as a workstation rig in 3 years (his is over 15 years old) and then get another way better one

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

Why not try convincing them to let you build something a bit more modest? Maybe something like a GTX 1060 and Ryzen 5 1400 or Ryzen 3 1300x. That way they won't need to take all the money out of your savings account, and you can have a reasonably powerful PC.

Well i thought about getting a 1080 instead of ti

Just now, xXBlackIceXx said:

Well i thought about getting a 1080 instead of ti

Go for it if you can, my build costed around $1,200 and has similar specs to what you're describing.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

13 minutes ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

Holy shit your build is dope. But i made about 4 grand in 2 months and they put it in savings ill make about the same for tge next 3 years so ill have about 12 grand. By then my wages will be higher and ill probably be making 5-6 grand per month. If i take 1 year to think about college/work. 48 Grand going into college. I think thats plenty

Wow, for a 15 year old you are doing something right. They should have talked to you when LTT made those "Laptop or Bust" videos.