Is the Nintendo switch worth it?

6 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

4.) I'm waiting for Metroid Prime 4 to release... man I'm beyond excited for that game.

Wait, What!?  How the heck did I miss that news?

They actually going to make a 4th?

I was already a bit hype for the 2nd Xenoblade Chronicle but now a Metroid Prime.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

36 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Here's my two cents. 

1.) Good luck finding a console without a +$100 markup.

2.) The Switch is fun and is a pretty cool console. 

3.) Game library is pretty damn lackluster.

4.) I'm waiting for Metroid Prime 4 to release... man I'm beyond excited for that game.

In conclusion, I like my Switch. A lot actually.

Actually finding a Switch at MSRP is possible. You just need to come at opening hours at a few stores like BestBuy, Toys R Us, and Walmart for example, and see if they have received their units. The day they receive them, you'll get it. You should be able to get it in 2 weeks time. Else you can refresh Amazon website for it (you may need to get Amazon Prime trial if you don't have it. If you do and not interested in the service, don't forget to mark your calendar to cancel it or cancel once you receive it). You can also find sites that will tell you where the system is available, but you need to need to be quick to buy.

If you are interest din indie titles, this is what is coming up for the Switch, beside what is available now:

Many exclusives, and many "first release on Switch" titles.

10 hours ago, Ithanul said:

I was already a bit hype for the 2nd Xenoblade Chronicle but now a Metroid Prime.

They teased it at E3 back in June. Though the E3 trailer showed absolutely nothing.

On 8/30/2017 at 11:50 AM, Ithanul said:

As Steve mentioned, they teased it at E3.

It's still a ways off, we'll probably see some footage sometime next year at the earliest.

On 28/08/2017 at 8:08 AM, FmPhenom said:

NO. Have had one for a week with splatoon 2 and Zelda (which I already owned for the wii u). Both games are the same as their wii u counterparts. No real visual upgrades. Its really just a 2ds with hdmi out and no second screen.

Well you are right to think that if that's why you brought the Switch. If you are buying the Switch just for versions of games you already had on Wii U it's not that compelling. Not in terms of the software you're buying for it if that's the software you're buying. But I think given that outside of the Virtual Boy the Wii U was Nintendo's worst performing console it's fair to assume that someone asking about the Switch didn't have a Wii U. Also most people buy at least a few games they don't already have on their new consoles.

For me personally I brought both the Wii U and Switch at launch. I guess that makes me super biased about Nintendo stuff. Even so I didn't buy Breath of the Wild on Wii U because I got it on Switch. I haven't brought Splatoon 2 because I played the original to death and would rather spend my money on something new. I got Arms instead. I did however buy Mario Kart 8 again purely because Mario Kart is an essential multiplayer game on Nintendo consoles. Is it the exact same game? Pretty much. The only difference is that I now have it on a system that is portable.

Also what on earth are you getting at with that 2DS comment? If that's what you reduce the Switch to then I guess a GTX 1080 is just a 9600GT with a bigger heatsink. Between the 3DS and the Switch we're talking about a 100x jump in raw horsepower. As a portable system and in terms of raw horsepower the Switch is well ahead of what Nintendo or even Sony would usually release. In terms of the magnitude of the jump in raw horsepower 3DS/2DS to Switch is about equivalent to a jump from the original XBox to the PS4.

To ram that point home:
Mario Kart 7 on 3DS

Mario Kart 8 on Switch

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

• 2 weeks later...