No more unboxings in Linus Tech Tips in 2014?

LinusTech

please keep some unboxings of more simple products but  make reviews of other products (like tablets laptops phones gpu's)

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Personally, abandoning the unboxings would be fine for me.  If I want to know what's inside a product's package, I'm sure there are several other channels that will cover that very thing.  I personally prefer in-depth, no bullshit reviews.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I don't mind there being less unboxings as some of them would be better replaced by reviews (like the unboxing of a graphics card) or easily found in several other youtube channels (like the unboxing of a computer case) but I would still like to see unboxings of things like the travel vest or less common gadgets like the pebble that don't really require an in-depth review.

I think longer, and more in depth look at products would be much better. Although unboxings are enjoyable, as an audience we don't really learn much; apart from how dense the packaging foam is of course.

I'd think it would be really cool if you got to use the products in real world scenarios and tell us the things a test bench can't.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sounds horrible, please dont do this :(

*Corsair 500r * Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4,3 Ghz * 4GB RAM * WD 1TB HDD * Samsung 840 Evo 120GB * MSI GTX 960 4GB * Asus Z97 AR *Corsair VS650 * #KILLEDMYWIFE

Still do unboxings of unique things that not many have heard of 

maybe you could let slick completely take over the benchmark videos and maybe do some guides so you can do newer higher quality content whilst still doing some unboxings. i dont think you should abandon unboxings. you are the one big unboxer on youtube and its how you got so big. dont abandon your roots.

EDIT: if you do decide to keep unboxings you could always make them a little bit more critical than just plain observation like you used to be a couple of years ago.

EDIT 2: new after party idea, unbox the products you are going to review that week, nothing special just informaly removing stuff from the packaging and moving on. 

have you considered making written content. for example have the unboxing video then a link in the description to a short written review her in the forum?

Yes as much as I like your unboxings it is kind of hard for me as a consumer to decide if i want to purchase some thing based on first impressions alone. If you guys started putting out more reviews and in depth videos this would be pretty awesome in my own opinion. Also you guys need to eat more on the WAN show.

Unboxings can still be informative, and I think you aim to inform us as the consumer, so I would keep doing them. At your own leisure of course.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Whatever you do, don't stop the Case unboxings!!!!! best videos

I like a mix of both.  I like your first impressions, but hate when you never test it and you are the only one showing the product off.  So I guess even though I hate watching you open a box to show the same crap, I prefer it over long reviews.  I can get all of that at different places.  Tech Quickie and your unboxings are what I think helps you stand out.  

No. I really like your unboxings, especially when your in the shower. But in all seriousness I really like to see your first impressions on products.

I always love it when Linus in the shower... :D

Please keep the unboxings they are great!

Unboxings are great, but I think it is good to continue in a new direction. I really like the changes you guys have made over the last year, and I trust your judgement. I do however believe that you should not completely abandon unboxings, maybe just do them once in a while for extremely important or interesting products. Unboxings are something I have really enjoyed about your channel, but the new style content is great too. In short; I support your desire to do more professional content and less unboxing videos, but I do not thing you should completely abandon the style of content that made your channel popular from the start.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I believe that you should continue the unboxing but only the products that are really well worth it, you should do. Maybe you could incorporate a fraction of the unboxings into the reviews. Show what you get as accessories and what the box looks like. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

you should let the viewers/community vote if they want a unboxing for a certain product. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/