Biostar mining motherboard with 12 pcie slots!

NumLock21

Another mining motherboard from BioStar. Model is TB250-BTC Pro Ver 6.x.

• Runs on socket 1151 for Intel 1151 cpus
  • Intel B250 chipset for 12 gen 3 lanes
  • Up to 32GB of DDR4
  • 6 SATA ports
  • 12 PCIe slots total. 1 physical x16, 11 physical x1
  • Dual 4 pin molex for extra power to gpus
  • MSRP $130

b20170619_1.jpg

20170619_2.jpg

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=884#overview

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Holy... motherf#ckers... 

Can we get this for Threadrypper or Epyc? 12-way SLI sounds great for Minesweeper at 40K!

Edit: Can someone explain why the mining board has x1 slots rather than all x16? I've no idea how mining works which is why I ask.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

4 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Holy... motherf#ckers... 

Can we get this for Threadrypper or Epyc? 12-way SLI sounds great for Minesweeper at 40K!

Edit: Can someone explain why the mining board has x2/x4 slots rather than all x16? I've no idea how mining works which is why I ask.

Because you don't need that much bandwidth for mining and cards have to be spaced apart for heat dissipation so you have to use risers anyways

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I would love to get one of these for an ultimate f@h machine but I guess the X1 slots would bottleneck in that scenario

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

it's interesting that companies are actually starting to directly address the mining market now. Back in 2011 when I bought 2 6950s for mining on my gaming PC there was nothing like this available. I guess it's probably because ASICs became commonplace fairly quickly in the bitcoin craze whereas ethereum can't be mined with ASICs. And no, sadly I didn't keep any of the bitcoins I mined. I sold like 50 of them for under 10USD. I know, fuck me right?

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

3 minutes ago, Terodius said:

50 of them for under 10USD. I know, fuck me right?

You'd be set for a while with the current pricing.

RIP in peas

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

That board has so much room for activities!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Ok now make a 100+ PCIe 1x motherboard on Epyc.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

5 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

You'd be set for a while with the current pricing.

RIP in peas

well I'm sure lots of people who mined/bought coins when they were a few dollars each sold them without much of a profit. Besides I was really happy back then, I paid off like 80% of my gaming PC just mining coins. 

Fun fact, browsing through old bookmarks I found I actually had 3 bitcoins left in the website of pool I mined in. But apparently the site's functionality is down so I can't retrieve them.

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

Asrock also had one shown on Computex, but I really have my doubts about the conflicts it will give during operation with so many shared lanes...

4 minutes ago, Terodius said:

well I'm sure lots of people who mined/bought coins when they were a few dollars each sold them without much of a profit. Besides I was really happy back then, I paid off like 80% of my gaming PC just mining coins. 

Fun fact, browsing through old bookmarks I found I actually had 3 bitcoins left in the website of pool I mined in. But apparently the site's functionality is down so I can't retrieve them.

There goes $7500~

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I apologize if this is a stupid question...but how is one supposed to take advantage of an x1 slot? What are those small chips shown in the pictures occupying the x1 slot? Is it running the GPU's externally? And does an x1 connection bottleneck the cards' mining abilities?

9 minutes ago, itsNikku said:

I apologize if this is a stupid question...but how is one supposed to take advantage of an x1 slot? What are those small chips shown in the pictures occupying the x1 slot? Is it running the GPU's externally? And does an x1 connection bottleneck the cards' mining abilities?

There's no such thing as a stupid question.  We're good at giving stupid answers tho

For mining an x1 slot is enough, there's a lot of computation going on inside the card but not much data is being transmitted. 

Those small chips are part of the risers.  They plug into the x1 slot and allow you to use a cable to connect to the GPU (which is plugged in to another small circuit board).  That allows miners to hang a lot of cards at some distance from eachother so they get adequate air for 24/7 mining. 

Example :

mining-rig-2.jpg

Just now, Captain Chaos said:

There's no such thing as a stupid question.  We're good at giving stupid answers tho

For mining an x1 slot is enough, there's a lot of computation going on inside the card but not much data is being transmitted. 

Those small chips are part of the risers.  They plug into the x1 slot and allow you to use a cable to connect to the GPU (which is plugged in to another small circuit board).  That allows miners to hang a lot of cards at some distance from eachother so they get adequate air for 24/7 mining. 

Example :

Hide contents

mining-rig-2.jpg

I see, thanks for the information. I figured they were risers of some kind, but I was a little confused on why they were all x1 slots. Now I know!

1 hour ago, DildorTheDecent said:

There goes $7500~

honestly odds are I wouldn't have the coins today even if I hadn't sold them. I don't have a single device today that I had back then, and I had a hdd die on me. so my wallet/s would probably be long gone. of course with the benefit of hindsight everybody would have bought thousands of dollars of bitcoins back in 2010-2011. Nobody can know the future. Maybe you buy them for 2.5k today and they crash next year and you lose everything, or maybe they multiply by 10x in value. who knows.

15 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Holy... motherf#ckers... 

Edit: Can someone explain why the mining board has x1 slots rather than all x16? I've no idea how mining works which is why I ask.

Because you don't need that much bandwidth for mining. The cards do the calculations on their own and just send back the results (which aren't big) . There's no constant stream of data coming through. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case