AMD Vega Prosumer cards performance preview

Kevo05s
5 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Okay so I ran SPECViewperf on my 980Ti and is barely behind the Titan X Pascal lol. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-Titan-X-Pascal-Review-The-Fastest-Consumer-GPU-Available.179315.0.html

Normal Titan X ( Pascal )
Catia = 83.52
Creo = 43.74
SolidWorks = 48.75

Titan Xp 
Catia = 103.6
Creo = 57.02
SolidWorks = 62.07

Vega FE 
Catia = 135.75
CREO = 83.94
SolidWorks = 114.88

Radeon Pro WX 7100 
Catia = 104.34
CREO = 82.08
SolidWorks = 111.55

My 980Ti Results
Catia = 74.63

Creo = 40.41

SolidWorks = 54.24

All I can say is driver mean Everything in these tests. No wonder AMD are bringing out a Radeon Pro WX Vega, and not listing the Frontier Edition as one.

PIC

The WX7100 is a 480, and that shows what properly tuned drivers can do, and Vega FE is Supposably not that tuned.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

The WX7100 is a 480, and that shows what properly tuned drivers can do, and Vega FE is Supposably not that tuned.

Aye, a downclocked 480 as well.

cPer, PCWorld and Exxactcorp already stated the Frontier Edition won't have application certified drivers, and that you need the Radeon Pro version of Vega for it.

So the Frontier Edition is AMD's Titan, but does better at the workstation work; and still have double rate FP16 compute. So perfect for Machine Learning. In fact; the FE has 26 TFLOPs compared to the Vega Instinct MI25's 24 TFLOPs.

So With the Frontier Edition you really do get a jack of all trades card that'll do it all.

Just need to wait and see if the professional performance difference between the FE vs Xp also translates to decent games performance.

https://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-Vega-Frontier-Edition-Air-and-Liquid-Cooled-GPUs-Now-Available-Pre-Or

Before you pre-order, however, there’s one big caveat. Although AMD touts the card as ideal for “innovators, creators, and pioneers of the world,” the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition will lack application certification, a factor that is crucial to many who work with content creation software and something typically found in high-end professional GPUs like the Quadro and FirePro lines.

For those hoping for Vega-based professional cards sporting certification, the Vega Frontier Edition product page teases the launch of the Vega-powered Radeon Pro WX in Q3 2017.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Launch trailer for Frontier Edition. Reminds me of the old 3DFX ads, minus the gaming at the end.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

1 hour ago, iiNNeX said:

Impressive, that cooler looks hideous though.

Looks better than their previous pegboard design xD

I kinda like it, though wish the blue was a little darker, or even black.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 minute ago, ONOTech said:

595269e85d8b2_4-h4vuE2P.jpg.96ef35080753a1d2afdc89427e94fe1d.jpg

I love it!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

40 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Aye, a downclocked 480 as well.

cPer, PCWorld and Exxactcorp already stated the Frontier Edition won't have application certified drivers, and that you need the Radeon Pro version of Vega for it.

So the Frontier Edition is AMD's Titan, but does better at the workstation work; and still have double rate FP16 compute. So perfect for Machine Learning. In fact; the FE has 26 TFLOPs compared to the Vega Instinct MI25's 24 TFLOPs.

So With the Frontier Edition you really do get a jack of all trades card that'll do it all.

Just need to wait and see if the professional performance difference between the FE vs Xp also translates to decent games performance.

https://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-Vega-Frontier-Edition-Air-and-Liquid-Cooled-GPUs-Now-Available-Pre-Or

If this is any close relation to gaming performance it should be really good.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

28 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

Someone on AMD's sub-reddit made custom ones and they look very cool.

I really wish AMD and Nvidia allowed you to customize your own reference cooler - kinda how Motorola does with their smart phones.

Sauce.

Here are the pics.

Hide contents

595269e65bcb2_1-HbQdIIH.jpg.00aaab86a427f76dc49b3c529ae3d219.jpg595269e74f47b_2-V1mWJ2O.jpg.16a91d46ff2f198e315e55f052078328.jpg595269e7badd2_3-7EzLzl9.jpg.58be8d036ab0f280f18e4a7d63ac92fb.jpg595269e85d8b2_4-h4vuE2P.jpg.96ef35080753a1d2afdc89427e94fe1d.jpg595269e8def2d_5-R1a9vSy.jpg.c6d36f82c00d94c2fab2aa95700e32ec.jpg595269e9b4c21_6-r7PWj02.jpg.8c46ebc99b55fb61b356d5465111fdf9.jpg595269ea74de4_7-qwnDMXq.jpg.fd6c95c05f74e0b79576feb7b8731795.jpg595269eb1dae8_8-F681erV.jpg.d23f81b4c7cb9673a5bd263e97310e23.jpg595269eba42c7_9-MpAXULX.jpg.8e036e4ea581837c66134aad26499b89.jpg

I say make it RGB...

Aye, the shroud too.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Those performances aside though, pricing look really great also. As far as gaming RX Vega I would expect price around $650 probably. Can't wait to see.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

9 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

But is it blue and gold?

The_Dress_(viral_phenomenon).png

some-see-black-and-blue-others-see-white

5952d834d2ea8_Yelloworblueitsuptoyoutochoose-Imgur.gif.0430aff6f486031dbe88bf969c77e19c.gif

But seriously it's black and blue on the picture. If it's not irl, then the white balance is off and the "photographer" is an idiot.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Notional said:

- snip -

But seriously it's black and blue on the picture. If it's not irl, then the white balance is off and the "photographer" is an idiot.

I believe it could have been taken via an old phone camera. That explains the lousy quality.

Also, if people have nicely calibrated monitors it would show as white and gold.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Just now, YoloSwag said:

I believe it could have been taken via an old phone camera. That explains the lousy quality.

Also, if people have nicely calibrated monitors it would show as white and gold.

My phone has white balance settings, but the auto setting works quite well for the most part.

No. Open up the original picture in an image editing software and check the colours:

blue-black-dress-688.jpg

But again, it's probably white/gold with improper white balance and maybe some screwed up lighting.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

2 hours ago, Notional said:

But seriously it's black and blue on the picture.

While it is *technically blue in the picture, one should be able to see that the coloration of the real dress is likely white and the bluish tint is a combination of the shading and camera settings. But ain't no camera settings going to change the fact that the dress is ugly as hell, regardless of what color it is.

Also, I has same GIF. I take it you found it on iwastesomuchtime or slow robot?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, Notional said:

My phone has white balance settings, but the auto setting works quite well for the most part.

No. Open up the original picture in an image editing software and check the colours:

blue-black-dress-688.jpg

But again, it's probably white/gold with improper white balance and maybe some screwed up lighting.

Most phones nowadays have white balance tweaks. What I'm saying is, it's not as good as proper cameras.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

While it is *technically blue in the picture, one should be able to see that the coloration of the real dress is likely white and the bluish tint is a combination of the shading and camera settings. But ain't no camera settings going to change the fact that the dress is ugly as hell, regardless of what color it is.

Also, I has same GIF. I take it you found it on iwastesomuchtime or slow robot?

Could have a bad screen that comes with a bluish tint then it would really appear blue :P

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

Just now, YoloSwag said:

Could have a bad screen that comes with a bluish tint then it would really appear blue :P

Yes, but everything would be slightly blue.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

My Dell U3014 + My eyes = Black and Blue

Edit:

FYI and also a FFS don't start this again

The dress itself was confirmed as being a royal blue "Lace Bodycon Dress" from the retailer Roman Originals, which was actually blue-and-black in colour

9 hours ago, leadeater said:

My Dell U3014 + My eyes = Black and Blue

Edit:

FYI and also a FFS don't start this again

Wow, it's funny 'coz even if I see why it seems blue, I really never get to see the black :o

EDIT: I just noticed, if I squint my eyes hard enough it really is Blue and Black. The reason I could tell is the other gold colors of the background didn't change while the dress itself did. Amazing.

EDIT 2: What about Delicieuxz post? where it even showed color samples that it really is gold.

NVM really, it's sooo out of topic. Apologies.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler