AMD Vega Prosumer cards performance preview

Kevo05s

In this article, PC gamers gets to look at the Prosumer oriented editions of AMD Vega, and it looks very promising!

"In the given time we had to run the tests, we saw the Frontier Edition outscore the Titan Xp by 28 percent in Catia and Creo to 50 percent in SolidWorks. We also ran Maxon’s Cinebench, a popular OpenGL benchmark, in which the Frontier Edition was about 14 percent faster," PCWorld noted.

I would take these benchmarks because they came from AMD. Yes both systems were configured identically (allegedly) but there's some settings that favors one card over the other, and AMD surely didn't set them to favor nVidia...

3ptG2EgLvNPw6BeJr75oNm.jpg

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

1 minute ago, iiNNeX said:

Impressive, that cooler looks hideous though.

No, it looks amazing!

@Valentyn Are you triggered?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Retoast? Technically the other was PCWorld although this says the same thing. I retract my toast.

Sorry for this, I simply didn't see your post from yesterday, since this article was released 17h ago, I assumed it was new

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

Just now, Kevo05s said:

Sorry for this, I simply didn't see your post from yesterday, since this article was released 17h ago, I assumed it was new

Wasn't my post just pointed it out :) Technically it's slightly different as it is a different news outlet so it may be ok.

8 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Impressive, that cooler looks hideous though.

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

No, it looks amazing!

Am I the only one that likes it? xD I don't like the water cooled gold/blue but I like the blue/gold

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Am I the only one that likes it? xD I don't like the water cooled gold/blue but I like the blue/gold

I really like it, but I prefer their watercooled version ;) 

1 minute ago, iiNNeX said:

But is it blue and gold?

The_Dress_(viral_phenomenon).png

On my monitor here it looks blue and black xD I just killed the internet

3 minutes ago, Kevo05s said:

I really like it, but I prefer their watercooled version ;) 

On my monitor here it looks blue and black xD I just killed the internet

How anyone ever saw it as gold is puzzling. Its old and I can't remember the reason people saw different colours.

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

LMFAO this thing. As if it was actually on TV news. (I say Blue)

That image, if you squnit your eyes it chnages colour, I am 100% sure someone messed with the gamma or something and relied on different screens being different, either way OI hate it

I like this card, although I lament the death of Firepro it seems. Does this card even have ECC memory? Can you overclock it? I know you couldn't overclock firepros all that well. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, tom_w141 said:

How anyone ever saw it as gold is puzzling. Its old and I can't remember the reason people saw different colours.

the reason people saw different colour is that when you did colour manipulation to get the real base colour of the clothing piece (because the sun is changing the dress's colour through the camera) the picture would work perfectly both way

2 minutes ago, Kevo05s said:

the reason people saw different colour is that when you did colour manipulation to get the real base colour of the clothing piece (because the sun is changing the dress's colour through the camera) the picture would work perfectly both way

I linked an explanation it was more complicated than that and down to the individual's eyes. The correct answer is blue/black so anyone who said it was blue like me then welcome to the master race

12 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

I really like the blue FE card! :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

15 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

No, it looks amazing!

Hey man, that's just, like, his opinion.

23 minutes ago, Kevo05s said:

I

I would take these benchmarks because they came from AMD. Yes both systems were configured identically (allegedly) but there's some settings that favors one card over the other, and AMD surely didn't set them to favor nVidia...

The setting for SPECviewperf can't be set to favour one or the other. It's a standardized professional benchmark enterprise.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

'Member intel Larrabee?

featured_single.jpg

I 'member...

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

The setting for SPECviewperf can't be set to favour one or the other. It's a standardized professional benchmark enterprise.

I understand that, but I mean, there's a reason why they chose these tests over another one, because those were showing off the card better... plus, how many times did a manufacturer came up with a way to cheat at those things...

17 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

The link you give confirms that it's gold. The question is whether it's white and gold, or blue and gold.

There is also a confusion of semantics involved in the discussion, because the people saying the dress is white and gold are not denying that the colour is not pure white, because the dress is obviously in a shadow, which gives the white a bluish tint. But the dress itself is white and gold. So, when asked if the dress is white and gold or blue and gold, the answer should be that it's white. But some people take the colour of the shadow tint to define the colour of the dress, and so they say it's blue.

It's a non-issue, because the difference in whether people say it's white or blue comes down to whether people are speaking about the dress, or how it appears while shaded by shadow. If the question was phrased in a manner that identified exactly what people were to say the colour of, there would be no sensation over the image.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 minutes ago, Kevo05s said:

I understand that, but I mean, there's a reason why they chose these tests over another one, because those were showing off the card better... plus, how many times did a manufacturer came up with a way to cheat at those things...

*brings you a spare tin foil hat* there you go friend now you are safe.

Just now, Delicieuxz said:

The link you give confirms that it's gold. The question is whether it's white and gold, or blue and gold.

There is also a confusion of semantics involved in the discussion, because the people saying the dress is white and gold are not denying that the colour is not pure white, because the dress is obviously in a shadow. The shadow gives the white a blue tint, but the dress itself is white and gold. So, when asked if the dress is white and gold or blue and gold, the answer should be that it's white. But some people take the colour of the shadow tint to define the colour of the dress, and so they saw it's blue.

It's a non-issue, because the difference in whether people say it's white or blue comes down to whether people are speaking about the dress, or how it appears while shaded by shadow.

Did did you even read it?

(And yes, it's blue.)

Lots of explanation in between as to why its blue, followed by

At least we can all agree on one thing: The people who see the dress as white are utterly, completely wrong.

I don't know what you do but I read with my eyes :P 

17 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Did did you even read it?

Yes.

Lots of explanation in between as to why its blue, followed by

I don't know what you do but I read with my eyes :P 

The article doesn't establish that the dress is blue, but it keeps making a joke about the white vs blue debate, forcing the interpretation of the article writer as though it's the correct one - but it's meant to rub their own interpretation in the faces of people who see it differently.

"(And yes, it's blue.)"

"Even Neitz, with his weird white-and-gold thing..."

"Even WIRED's own photo team—driven briefly into existential spasms of despair by how many of them saw a white-and-gold dress"

"At least we can all agree on one thing: The people who see the dress as white are utterly, completely wrong."

The insistences that it's blue are not factual statements, but sarcastic banter, though overdone.

"Without you having to worry about it, your brain figures out what color light is bouncing off the thing your eyes are looking at, and essentially subtracts that color from the "real" color of the object. "Our visual system is supposed to throw away information about the illuminant and extract information about the actual reflectance," says Jay Neitz, a neuroscientist at the University of Washington. "But I've studied individual differences in color vision for 30 years, and this is one of the biggest individual differences I've ever seen." (Neitz sees white-and-gold.)"

The dress is gold and something. The dress is also in shade, and so is given more of a bluish tint. The question of "is the dress white or blue" causes people to interpret the question differently, because some people think the question is about the colour of the dress, whereas some people think the question is about the appearance of the shade of the dress in the given picture.

"He even speculated, perhaps jokingly, that the white-gold prejudice favors the idea of seeing the dress under strong daylight."

So, it's a non-issue, hyped up for nothing other than for the sake of hyping something. It's a whitish dress that's in shade, which gives it a darkened tint. The answer to whether it's blue or white probably shows more about how well people understand the question than it does about their perception of colour.

Unknown.png

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

10 minutes ago, Kevo05s said:

At Specviewperf GPU? Not at all. Although Intel for the CPU compiling side cheats with the Intel renderer.

I actually downloaded SPECviewperf right now, to check if you could choose settings and the like.

Oh my! It seems the frontier Edition is dropping in price already in Yankee land?

Or were the pre-order prices all bogus from the start?

YYIsVJfk1hOAgQ69iEEnogxR2a773Mgbz0wGeVDD

Okay so I ran SPECViewperf on my 980Ti and is barely behind the Titan X Pascal lol. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-Titan-X-Pascal-Review-The-Fastest-Consumer-GPU-Available.179315.0.html

Normal Titan X ( Pascal )
Catia = 83.52
Creo = 43.74
SolidWorks = 48.75

Titan Xp 
Catia = 103.6
Creo = 57.02
SolidWorks = 62.07

Vega FE 
Catia = 135.75
CREO = 83.94
SolidWorks = 114.88

Radeon Pro WX 7100 
Catia = 104.34
CREO = 82.08
SolidWorks = 111.55

My 980Ti Results
Catia = 74.63

Creo = 40.41

SolidWorks = 54.24

All I can say is driver mean Everything in these tests. No wonder AMD are bringing out a Radeon Pro WX Vega, and not listing the Frontier Edition as one.

7I_315-XRzSqrrwMNNd6-A.png