Dissappearing text when typing

WereCat

Hi, when I type text it often disappears when I hit enter to make a new paragraph. I can return it with CTRL+Z but if I mark it and want to copy it with CTRL+C, it won't copy it as if it was not there at all. It will paste just some portions of it.

This is infuriating especially when I am typing long replies and suddenly everything vanishes and I have to type everything again.

Happens only here on the forum and nowhere else.

At first, I though the issue is only on my side and is maybe related to RAM somehow as it started happening around the time I overclocked my RAM but I reverted clocks to default to double check and it is still happening (using Vivaldi browser by the way).

Not sure if I am the only one experiencing this.

Edit:

This doesn't happen when I use my phone.

CTRL+Z will return the text back but if I try to continue typing the text will disappear again immediately.

Can you try typing your replies in another browser such as Edge, it might be the fact that something is broken in Vivaldi browser

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

3 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Can you try typing your replies in another browser such as Edge, it might be the fact that something is broken in Vivaldi browser

I will try.

It is annoying to use multiple browser though.

The thing is, if it is Vivaldi issue then why it does happen only on this forum and nowhere else?

Just now, WereCat said:

I will try.

It is annoying to use multiple browser though.

The thing is, that if it is Vivaldi issue then why it does happen only on this forum and nowhere else?

Hmm I don't know... Do you write in many other forums with success using Vivaldi?...

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Just now, Brennan_Price said:

Hmm I don't know... Do you write in many other forums with success using Vivaldi?...

I rarely visit other forums but I do type quite a lot in the browser on other websites.

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I rarely visit other forums but I do type quite a lot in the browser on other websites.

That's interesting... Well like I said try a different browser and report back with the results

My Rig:

This happens to me (using Edge) every once in a while, and it's super annoying.

can confirm that this happens in Edge, and that it's not an isolated issue.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

This forums saves stuff as you type it. This is my guess at what you are observing.

Could be crap coding.

Could be a crap browser.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Does it only happen when you've pasted content, or something like that? I used to experience this issue, and reported it as a bug, which I believe was then fixed, and I haven't had it for a while.

HTTP/2 203