Help! My computer is broke!!

Recently I woke up one morning to find my computer off. I pushed the power button but the computer did not start, I looked at all the odd things about the computer and saw that the power button was blinking. So I flipped the switch on the power supply twice and tried again. This time it started to turn on and then it stopped and smoke rose from near the power supply(now it could have also been from,the graphics card). So after discussion on these fourms I debugged it as a dead power supply. So I shippped it for RMA and bought a 500watt white EVGA power supply. I then turned it on(with just the power plugged in), and the computer turned on with al the fans. So I assumed that it was now working and I then plugged everything in and it powered on but it did not post into the monitor. I then started messing with the monitor, cords, and stuff but it never posted. (Now I haven't got another monitor to test with) However almost everything looks normal. I then ordered a post card that was not compatible with my computer and could not find one that was. So here I am stuck, trying to fix my computer. Please help me stay sane this summer! 

Side note:

The graphics card led powers on and changes color like its supposed to, but could this just work because of the 8 pin connector connected to it?

Computer Specs: (The Computer is 5 Mounths old)

Case: NZXT H440

PSU: EVGA 500 w1

CPU: AMD 8350

Graphics Card: RX-480 Sapphire

Memory: DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro

Storage: 1tb HDD, PNY 240gb SSD

Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming

In all likeliness you probalyed killed something with the faulty PSU try with igpu than each stick of ram individually

My life

I would say that the most likely scenario is that your PSU failed and fried some other component and thats why, even though you have a new PSU your computer still wont post.

I would recommend that you start trouble shooting other parts to find out if/what is dead.

1 minute ago, .Ocean said:

I would say that the most likely scenario is that your PSU failed and fried some other component and thats why, even though you have a new PSU your computer still wont post.

So how do you fix this?

Just now, erwindavidson1 said:

So how do you fix this?

Use process of elimination to find out what other part is dead and then replace it

I.E. remove your video card, if your system posts without it then the problem is your video card.

Swap out your ram, if after swapping the ram your system posts then your ram is the problem etc.

It sounds like symptoms of a dead CPU or motherboard, both of which I've had to deal with and are not fun. Whatever you do, do not put another CPU in that motherboard's socket.

I would honestly try the CPU in another motherboard if possible and you'll know pretty quickly if it's the board or CPU but I doubt it's your PSU if the fire came from the PSU and the PSU was replaced. That said, the PSU could have taken out the motherboard in the process. I don't know for certain. One thing is certain though and that is that your system's hardware is a little old and it's probably time to consider upgrading anyways.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

PSU suck

That's the effect when you're trying to power a relatively high TDP CPU and GPU with a low quality unit

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128