Any mods from PCmasterrace??

GeekTripp

I don't know if I'm here to vent or perhaps reach a mod in pcmasterrace or what, but I'm legitimately pissed off right now.

I've been part of PCmasterrace sub reddit for years now. I've posted some but mostly been a reader. Not too long ago, I started my youtube channel and had been posting some things there I honestly thought users would like, as they're hardware related. Well, I posted a few times and got in trouble. Unfortunately, I didn't see it and posted some still. After a few times I got a suspension, and I contacted the mods because I didn't really understand why (the rule they quoted had nothing to do with spam, so I was like okay...). They explained it was spam and that I should post the stuff less.

Well, I waited weeks, maybe even a month or two to post again. I finally did because I was excited to share a video, but this time, I was literally banned. I was shocked. I messaged the mod/mods (not sure as I'm always dealing with the same person) about it, and they said it's because I posted again. I was like what? You said to not post that stuff as much. I waited weeks. I was doing a video a day at the time, so I didn't post tons of them. I explained all of this, and he said that he can see I'm not some person who's just wanting to spam, and that I do care. He said that I should use my main account to post.

Well, I decided just not to post really. I also told him I wouldn't post anymore stuff related to me at all. I just don't want the trouble.

Well, today, I was trying to post something in a developer reddit because I had a question for a video I was working on. I googled the reddit, to which it took me to the app. Well, the first post was deleted because it was "too short." I then re-wrote it, but I had to wait 6 minutes to post etc. You know how it is. I later went back into the app, but for whatever reason, it had it there to post in pcmasterrace. I didn't notice this and still have zero clue why. Either way, it did and all of a sudden, I get a thing message I'm trying to evade their ban. I contacted the moderator. Explained for one that I thought I was allowed to post, but also explained that I didn't even intend to post on PC master race. The post wasn't even SPAM either. It was just a question about monitors that I'm researching for a video. Well, I explained that, and now I'm muted. Like WTF??? I've never met someone so just unbelievable. I haven't posted in like a month and didn't even mean to post. BUT I also thought for sure that I was allowed to post. I was obviously not trying to circumvent a ban because the username I'm using is literally what I was posting about.

I don't know. Like I said. Maybe I'm wanting to vent, but mostly I just want to not be banned from PCmasterrace. I love that subreddit. It's always fun to see what they post etc.

Too dark, didn't read.

Edit-> select all-> remove formatting->save

thank you!

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Why not move to LTT?  I can't use reddit, the posting restrictions kill me

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

6 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Too dark, didn't read.

Edit-> select all-> remove formatting->save

thank you!

I removed all the formatting :( I'm not sure what's wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Why not move to LTT?  I can't use reddit, the posting restrictions kill me

I honestly visit most all of them. I don't know. I guess I just hate the idea of me literally never being allowed to post again. Sure, I could make a new account, but I don't like trying to get around it and doing what I'm not really supposed to. I don't know. I was just blown away by this whole situation.

3 minutes ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

The mods on PCMR are... what's the word; Stuck up, egotistical and have no respect for the database itself. Rather they choose to maintain order within its hierarchy of mods whilst comparing who has the biggest EPen.

I don't know. Maybe. I only ever dealt with this one individual. I don't want to call that person out or anything. I'm just kind of floored by it all. There's like zero discussion at all. He kept saying I was trying to get around the ban, but I wasn't at all. I literally have no clue how that posted. But then I was so shocked by it anyway because he said I should post with my other account. I thought that meant I was fine to post and not banned anymore. He just kept saying I was evading ban again and again. It wouldn't even make sense for me to. Even if I was, why on earth would I use an account with the same name as my youtube channel??

Im an avid reddit user, addict actually. If you need PC help though, you're more likely to get help here. There's just different communities that behave different ways.

got a perma ban on tomshardware for voting my second acc as best answer, fun times

1 minute ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

Point being, you don't have to justify anything; we aren't accusing you nor care what happened due to having no context that being one side. I'll say this once and leave it at this. PCMR has a horrid system of moderating and the moment I got banned it made me somewhat happy to be able to realise how broken of a system I was being a part of.

I gotcha. I don't know. Maybe I cared too much. Just aggravating. 

Just now, GeekTripp said:

I gotcha. I don't know. Maybe I cared too much. Just aggravating. 

care less. It's a big stress and anxiety reliever.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 minutes ago, Ampix0 said:

Im an avid reddit user, addict actually. If you need PC help though, you're more likely to get help here. There's just different communities that behave different ways.

Oh yeah. I don't really ask questions or anything. Usually just reply to something funny etc. I've been a big tech nerd for a while, so I mostly understand everything. I was just shocked I guess. Thanks everyone for the replies. 

Just now, knightslugger said:

care less. It's a big stress and anxiety reliever.

Right?? Lol

I hardly go on PCMR anymore. /r/Pcgaming is my fav subreddit for pc stuff. PCMR has become a parody of itself in which it is one rule for one and another rule for another. The mods are cliquey as well

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

got a perma ban on tomshardware for voting my second acc as best answer, fun times

Is that you Anand ?

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Why in the gods name would you reply with a 2nd acc in your own thread?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

7 minutes ago, WhiskeyOmega said:

I hardly go on PCMR anymore. /r/Pcgaming is my fav subreddit for pc stuff. PCMR has become a parody of itself in which it is one rule for one and another rule for another. The mods are cliquey as well

I mostly just thought it was really funny, but I guess I'll be visiting PCgaming more. Oh well.

Like some other users said, don't care to much about it. The PCMR mindset and subreddit is toxic. I only go there for the memes because the subreddit is kind of a meme at this point. If you would like to share your content there is most likely a subreddit that you can self promote there. But if you need help with a PC problem LTT is the one for you. =)

Just now, Eazy-Belle said:

Like some other users said, don't care to much about it. The PCMR mindset and subreddit is toxic. I only go there for the memes because the subreddit is kind of a meme at this point. If you would like to share your content there is most likely a subreddit that you can self promote there. But if you need help with a PC problem LTT is the four for you. =)

I appreciate it! I'll probably just steer clear of posting any of my stuff. They get plenty of views on YouTube by themselves, but I get excited sometimes to share lol. Thanks again! :)

3 minutes ago, GeekTripp said:

But I get excited sometimes to share lol. 

Hey, if you want to share, you can post on a social media account like twitter if you don't. Also, no problem, my dude.

I don't know what rules of Reddit are. But posting your own videos constantly is self-advertising and not really allowed on any forums. Maybe not in Reddit either.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I don't know what rules of Reddit are. But posting your own videos constantly is self-advertising and not really allowed on any forums. Maybe not in Reddit either.

That is the rules, depending on the sub reddit, but I didn't have a problem with the original ban. I had discussed with the mod about it, and was told not to do it "all the time" type thing. So my next post for it was like a month later. Well, it's more all the stuff that happened after that which makes zero sense. 

13 minutes ago, JayKay3000 said:

Depending on the rules, maybe the LTT forum can let you have one topic where you post your videos or have your own website, etc.

Eh. Maybe read the rules yourself. Self-advertising or advertising of any sort isn't allowed. YT/Twitch links are only allowed in status updates. LMG or 3rd party YT is allowed if it relates to content of post. Not only videos, but as part of post. Very minor part.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, JayKay3000 said:

Thanks, I had not, but some other gaming forums I've been on have allowed self advertising, but then after I thought that they probably allow that because it's self advertising to the person making the video, but they're also promoting the game so both parties get exposure unlike posting here where it could be seen as competition. Where the people who will watch the self advertiser were generated by the work of LTT. The main reason most people are at the forum is because we're seen LTT.

So it makes sense to me, it just seemed like a nice idea at the time.

The reason why YT/Twitch isn't allowed here as mass is that making video content IS LMG's business. You wouldn't allow competition to advertise near your own business anywhere. With some more generic gaming forum where the forums are business (maybe written news as side) posting videos wouldn't be issue. But if someone would advertise their forums/news site... You get the point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, JayKay3000 said:

Depending on the rules, maybe the LTT forum can let you have one topic where you post your videos or have your own website, etc.

Oh I don't need to really. I appreciate it, but the thing is that I had completely stopped posting. I literally said I wouldn't anymore. I then accidentally posted something that was not spam in any way shape or form that I literally posted it on there by accident. I know it sounds stupid, but it's not a lie. For whatever reason when I went back to the app, I was posting in the pcmasterrace instead of what I originally intended. And to top all this off, I'm now getting a permanent account suspensio  from Reddit for "circumventing a ban." Apparently the mod wasn't happy enough that he banned me from the reddit and then refused to discuss it. He had to try and get my entire account gone. Definitely going to fight this BS. 

7 hours ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

The mods on PCMR are... what's the word; Stuck up, egotistical and have no respect for the database itself. Rather they choose to maintain order within its hierarchy of mods whilst comparing who has the biggest EPen.

I've had experiences myself, talked to all of the mods and the owner himself. It's funny because the moment you have a view that one of the mod's encountering you, doesn't agree with, you can expect a hell of a fun bureaucratical time. Trust me, it's not worth dealing with such a shit mod base. LinusTechTips mods do this much, much better, although there are also issues, we are still humans and make errors. The mods on LinusTechTips most of the time are very fair and well behaved with a good system in place whilst mods being committed members of the community which makes this place so great.

I don't know what mods you've talked to but the ones I have are just fine. The owner himself is fine also. Ya, not every mod is the greatest but the fair few I've had contact with are very polite and reasonable people. They are none of what you seem to have encountered with them.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)