Corsair Products Have dipped in Quality

mrmonmon2

I'd like to post this here aswell but i made this post in the actual corsair forums http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=904460#post904460

I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HERE HAS SIMILAR PROBLEMS

Tl;Dr? - The Wired Void was made defective, the new earpad material is uncomfotable, the m65 just breaks for no reason. Old Vengeance 1500 and m60 still work like a charm

I started off a few years ago with a vengeance m60 (mouse) and 1500 V1 (headset). Amazing products, still working in almost peak performance.

About 2 years ago I got the k70 rgb tramp stamp edition, besides the logo it's perfect and works amazingly.

This Christmas as a gift from my dad to replace my old mouse and headset he picked up the corsair m65 (non rgb) and the Corsair Void rgb Wired.

The dissapointment was real, Stayed up till 2am playing games switching between the old and new headset. this is the list of problems i've found with the void headset.

-Wire is so short it barely reaches my pc so you cannot move wearing it.

-Any amount of facial hair will cause discomfort as the new fibres catch on the smallest bit of stubble causing itchyness.

-It offers no noise reduction, in a house where the only thing working is one fan you hear a noise drop when wearing the Vengeance 1500, and no difference from ambient noise to having the void on your head.

-The indication led for mic status is entirely useless, it's faced away on an angle from your eyes making it impossible to actually see if the mic is muted or not without taking the headset off halfway 

-the rgb lights are completely pointless as you can't even appreciate the lights you can't see.

I went back with my dad and returned it to get the H1500, again the fibre for the earpads is crap, so i put the ones from my vengeance 1500 on it and boom a great headset once again.

Im not going to base my disappointment off one completely defective lineup, so now on to the m65.

I got the mouse, it's working great for 3 months, it stays plugged in to my pc, the usb slot does not move, it have not been dropped or thrown accidentally off the desk. i was using it in the morning, shut my pc down for about an hour, went back and now the LED just flashes. It is not detected on my pc, my mom's laptop, my friend's pc, nothing. i can't reinstall the firmware as you need it to be detected for some reason( why can't we install drivers for a device without having to plug it in to allow the installation to unplug it to have the installation finish?). It does not work at all. 

good news is corsair already approved the RMA, yet i can't afford it as i'm a university student without a job and times are rough. 

the old m60 i've got was taken apart to clean it, thrown accross the room by my little cousin, dropped several times, survived being washed by water. still works, the m65 isn't even old enough to have done anything to void the warranty and it just died.

I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HERE HAS SIMILAR PROBLEMS

This is why it's good to use different manufacturers for different things. I love my corsair keyboard but I'd much rather use my logitech mouse over a corsair one. It's better when you go into a store and test things before you buy.

weird I have corsair void rgb wirless (I know yours is wired). I haven't had any complaints really though from this headset, the surround sound is amazing! This headset is way more comfortable than my previous set of headphones. (razer kraken pro which made my ears bleed because they were too close)

i bought the vengeance 1500 and what a fu**ing joke, it was broken as soon as i used it, the mic didnt work at all, and the next day the "braided not tangle cable" was tangled and the wires were loose... i was livid, i like corsair ram, but apart from that i refuse to buy corsair gear.

there coolers come with crap fans and i know a few people who have had to rma there h100i's

Just now, NinJake said:

This is why it's good to use different manufacturers for different things. I love my corsair keyboard but I'd much rather use my logitech mouse over a corsair one. It's better when you go into a store and test things before you buy.

For me

Logitech=Peripherals

Razer=Headphones and Drone

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

For me

Logitech=Peripherals

please dude dont trigger me xD, razer headsets are awful.

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Twas a gift, but like their products were great the first time around....

2 minutes ago, sharknado34 said:

weird I have corsair void rgb wirless (I know yours is wired). I haven't had any complaints really though from this headset, the surround sound is amazing! This headset is way more comfortable than my previous set of headphones. (razer kraken pro which made my ears bleed because they were too close)

can't stand razer headphones either, the void pads idk how y ou do it man. also hint the h1500 suround is wayyyyy better :D

1 minute ago, MrJarhead said:

i bought the vengeance 1500 and what a fu**ing joke, it was broken as soon as i used it, the mic didnt work at all, and the next day the "braided not tangle cable" was tangled and the wires were loose... i was livid, i like corsair ram, but apart from that i refuse to buy corsair gear.

there coolers come with crap fans and i know a few people who have had to rma there h100i's

eh mine get's a little tangled from al the twists of never unplugging it but i walked to the door tripped on thecable turned my pc 45 degrees bent the usb port which started smoking, restart replug and she still works like a charm no problems

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

For me

Logitech=Peripherals

imo can't stand razer, logitech is pretty good

Just now, MrJarhead said:

please dude dont trigger me xD, razer headsets are awful.

^

Love this forum so much you guys actually reply

5 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

For me

Logitech=Peripherals

Razer is awful for sound.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

1 minute ago, mrmonmon2 said:

and comfort/quality (too much plastic)

Indeed, their build quality is terrible as well.

I had a Kraken Pro from them, before i was in the Hi-Fi game, and i was frankly surprised by how much better can real audio gear be for the same price as "gaming" gear.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Had the Vengeance 1500s. Eventually crackled and died. 

Now it's proper headphones + webcam mic. Good enough. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

18 minutes ago, mrmonmon2 said:

~snip~

I've had similar issues a few months ago, and i was really, really angry: 

If anything, i can say i was satisfied with the outcome of this. I got a Scimitar in exchange for M65, and i'm very with it. 

Maybe you should speak with them, see if they can resolve your problem.

4 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Razer is awful for sound.

Razer is awful exept for the laptops if you have all the money in the world. keyboards, mice, headsets all shit. the only thing i like that they make is the Nostromo and the Orbweaver and i dont think they make them anymore. 

i love my K70, sortof, takeing it appart was hell and i litteraly had to break it open so i could repair it -_- its still a kind of nice keyboard though im starting to get tired of Cherry switches as a whole tbh. anyway i wouldent use Corsair for mice and headsets, id rather have a logitec mouse and a decent headphone + mic combo like i have now, i use a Razer Nostromo Gamepad, Logitec G502 spectrum mouse, Corsair K70(original :D) keyboard and Senhiser HD558s as my headphones paired with my Blue Snowball ICE. either get china stuff or get the stuff you know you will like.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On my M65 one of the weights fell out after less than 6 months so I just have to use it without them. :|

Just an average guy with a dream that one day he will own a custom watercooling loop.

i paid £90 for my audio technica ad700x headphones and theyre better than any headset, it amuses me how people can spend £300 on them new turtle beaches for them to be nowhere near as good. my blue yeti was £70 brand new from a guy who accidentally ordered two.

so in total i spent £160 for headphones and a mic that destroy any headset.

in terms of razer i have a blackwidow tourney edition and i spilt coffee over the whole thing and it still works, not had a single issue with it.

I hated my m65, it was fine for a few months, and then it'd start not registering clicks or when I was holding down a click. I like corsairs fans and aios but not so sure about their mice D:

7 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I've had similar issues a few months ago, and i was really, really angry: 

If anything, i can say i was satisfied with the outcome of this. I got a Scimitar in exchange for M65, and i'm very with it. 

Maybe you should speak with them, see if they can resolve your problem.

Yea trying too, on hold with support, RMA approved but i can't afford the shippiing and i love the shape of the m60/m65

2 minutes ago, RBZ157 said:

On my M65 one of the weights fell out after less than 6 months so I just have to use it without them. :|

rip

Just now, MrJarhead said:

i paid £90 for my audio technica ad700x headphones and theyre better than any headset, it amuses me how people can spend £300 on them new turtle beaches for them to be nowhere near as good. my blue yeti was £70 brand new from a guy who accidentally ordered two.

so in total i spent £160 for headphones and a mic that destroy any headset.

in terms of razer i have a blackwidow tourney edition and i spilt coffee over the whole thing and it still works, not had a single issue with it.

i spilt milk over my k70 rgb, my mom did too later on. washed it under running water and let it dry for 3 days each time, still works great all led's functioning

Just now, RotoCoreOne said:

I hated my m65, it was fine for a few months, and then it'd start not registering clicks or when I was holding down a click. I like corsairs fans and aios but not so sure about their mice D:

my m60 started doing that till i took it apart and reassembled it, other than that it's great. worked normally after i did and still does

the razer blackwidow chroma is on sale in the uk at the moment for £90, im trying to get my girlfriend to buy me it, so far no luck #preyforjarhead.

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Razer is awful exept for the laptops if you have all the money in the world. keyboards, mice, headsets all shit. the only thing i like that they make is the Nostromo and the Orbweaver and i dont think they make them anymore. 

i love my K70, sortof, takeing it appart was hell and i litteraly had to break it open so i could repair it -_- its still a kind of nice keyboard though im starting to get tired of Cherry switches as a whole tbh. anyway i wouldent use Corsair for mice and headsets, id rather have a logitec mouse and a decent headphone + mic combo like i have now, i use a Razer Nostromo Gamepad, Logitec G502 spectrum mouse, Corsair K70(original :D) keyboard and Senhiser HD558s as my headphones paired with my Blue Snowball ICE. either get china stuff or get the stuff you know you will like.

Not trying to get out of topic or anything, but its kinda funny you said you're getting tired of Cherry MX switches, because i can actually relate to that! Recently i fell victim of random failure on my Nixeus keyboard, which i couldn't open, so i decided to buy something new. I went to a neighbour city that has mech keybs on display and i tested every switch they had available, and i wasn't happy with a single one of those, and in the end i actually liked a membrane model, the Lenovo 73P2620, but i still have to wait a few days for mine to arrive (they only ABNT2, i like ANSI).

1 minute ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Not trying to get out of topic or anything, but its kinda funny you said you're getting tired of Cherry MX switches, because i can actually relate to that! Recently i fell victim of random failure on my Nixeus keyboard, which i couldn't open, so i decided to buy something new. I went to a neighbour city that has mech keybs on display and i tested every switch they had available, and i wasn't happy with a single one of those, and in the end i actually liked a membrane model, the Lenovo 73P2620, but i still have to wait a few days for mine to arrive (they only ABNT2, i like ANSI).

tbh when in doubt i always go back to the old standard dell keyboard, those are so god damn good for membrane and have the same style and feel as mechanical

5 minutes ago, mrmonmon2 said:

tbh when in doubt i always go back to the old standard dell keyboard, those are so god damn good for membrane and have the same style and feel as mechanical

I'm literally using one of those right now! This particular one is over 10 years old and its as firm as good drum.

I got this from a bank supply sale they had in here, it still works flawlessly.

I'm just "upgrading" for the Lenovo model because this an ABNT2 layout and it doesn't have the extra multimedia keys, because other than that, they are pretty much the same thing.

IMG_20170514_193521380.jpg.cf92b512e809bf3e7b43b4c03a776eb4.thumb.jpg.e451d22cc72a42ec1d2ee6640e1b26e4.jpg

Just now, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I'm literally using one of those right now! This particular one is over 10 years old and its as firm as good drum.

I got this from a bank supply sale they had in here, it still works flawlessly.

LOL, I keep one as backup

I have yet to have an issue with corsair products, I have not bought any headsets from them but I have a K70 keyboard, 2 PSU's from them, 5 sets of RAM, over a dozen fans, and the Force LE SSD, and I have yet to have a single one of their products fail me. That being said I never buy headsets from any company that's primary product lines are not audio products. I swear by my Audio Technica headphones and I would never consider a headset from Corsair, Razr, or even Logitech, and I almost exclusively but my keyboards and wireless mice from Logitech.

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  A Dive Into Custom Keyboards & Mechanical Switches

NEWCOMERS Remember to ' Reply ' to comments in order for people to see them, this is done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

Blueberry Pi  R9 3950X  Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3200MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA P2 850W w/ Blue Sleeved Cables  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  2x Corsair Force MP510 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower  

Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync UW  Dell UltraSharp U3419W 60Hz IPS UW  Custom TOFU96  Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB 

Work Rig  ThreadRipper 3970X  Asus Prime TRX40 Pro ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 8x32GB 3200Mhz CL16  Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 24GB  Corsair HXi 1000W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO  8x Sabrent Rocket 2TB w/ 2x Asus Hyper m.2 V2   Arctic P12 Fans  Phanteks P400A ATX Mid Tower 

Plotting Machine 1  ThreadRipper 2990WX  AsRock X399 Taichi ATX  Kingston HyperX Fury 8x16GB 2666Mhz CL18   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RMx 850W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO ‖ 2x Sabrent Rocket 2TB & 2x Sabrent Rocket 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Arctic P12 Fans  Rosewill RSV-L4500 4U  5x Dell DS60 60-bay JBOD w/ 1.2PB of HDD Storage  HP 22U Half Rack

Plotting Machine 2  R9 3950X  Asus TUF X570-Plus Wi-Fi ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 4x16GB 3200Mhz CL16   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RM 650W  Noctua NH-D15s Chormax ‖ 4x Corsair MP600 Force 1TB W/ Asus Hyper m.2 Gen4  Arctic P14 & P12 Fans  Silverstone FARA R1 ATX Mid Tower

J.A.R.V.I.S.  R9 3900XT  Asus B550-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX 8GB  Corsair SF 750W Platinum  Corsair H100i Pro AIO  Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans  FormD T1 SFF ITX Case  

LG 75UM8070PUA 4K UHD 120Hz IPS HDR TV  Corsair K63 Cherry MX Red Special Edition Wireless  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless

Archive Server  R3 2200G  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 White  Vega Integrated Graphics  EVGA P2 750W  Prism Wraith Cooler  ITX Open Bench  2x HP SAS Expander  LSI-SAS9211  220TB of HDD Storage

SFF ITX Home PC  i5-7500  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 SFF ITX Case (Grey)  

Laptop  Dell XPS13 2-in-1 7390 (2020)  i7-1065G7  32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Keyboard Collection  GMMK Full Size  TOFU96 90%  ‖ KBD8x MKII TKL ‖ Drop CTRL High Profile TKL ‖ KBD Bella 75% ‖ GMMK Pro 75% ‖ XD84 Pro 75%  KBD67 V2 MKII 65%  KBD67Lite 65%  TOFU65 65%  KBD Blade 60%  Drop Carina 60%  Southpaw75 60% w/ Left Numpad  OLKB Preonic V3 Ortholinear ‖ CosPad XD24  ‖ KBDPad MKII

Key Cap Collection  GMK Boba Fett  GMK Red Samurai  GMK Laser CyberDeck +Novalties  GMK Arch  MaxKey B&W  Drop MT3 Camillo ‖ Matt3o MT3 /dev/tty  KBDfans Biip Torii Ext-2048  ePBT Less But Better +Novalties  EnjoyPBT Dolch  WinMix Mustard  Drop Skylight Horizon & Slate ‖ Glorious Black Aura   

Mechanical Key Switch Collection  Zealios V2 65g  Zealios V2 78g ‖ Zilents V2 67g  Tealios V2 67g  C³ Kiwi ‖ C³ Tangerine  Invyr Holy Panda  Durock T1 67g  Kailh Box Thick Jades ‖ Kailh Box Royal ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Dark Yellow ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Burnt Orange  Kailh Box White  Kailh Box Red  Kailh Pro Purple  Kailh Pro Burgandy  Gateron Ink Black V2  Gateron Black  Gateron Yellow  Gateron Brown  Gateron Green  Gateron Blue ‖ Cherry MX Black ‖ Cherry MX Brown ‖ Cherry MX Red