Things that will piss of techies

randomperson89
  1. Typing https://www. when typing every link. Or www. or http://www.
  2. Googling Google.
  3. Thinking all computers are equal
  4.  ThioJoe
  5. Macs
  6. Trying to use the Internet on your own
  7. Clickbait
  8. Socks and Sandals (Not really, just wanted to add this in.)
  9. Best Buy
  10. Fanboys/Fangirls (Cough cough, Austin Evans, cough cough)
  11. Doubling/Tripling/Quadrupling/etc. your (Insert random thing here) for free!
  12. Entering a link into Google
  13. Trying to plug something into the wrong port
  14. 4:3
  15. Anything 720p or below
  16. Anything below 30fps
  17. Getto PC Builds
  18. Trying to break a Nokia 3310. (In Soviet Russia, Nokia break you!)
  19. Outsourced Tech Support
  20. Made in China (Yet again, you know what I mean)
  21. Apple

This whole list is just satire, don't take it seriously. Although some are true and some aren't. List more below!

1 hour ago, Mug said:

22. Obvious grammatical errors in the title and obvious spelling errors in the post.

My god, my most immediate thought when I read that title was to add an entry for "Misspelling 'off'."

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

2 hours ago, randomperson89 said:
  1. Typing https://www. when typing every link. Or www. or http://www.
  2.  ThioJoe
  3. Macs
  4. 4:3

This whole list is just satire, don't take it seriously. Although some are true and some aren't. List more below!

I disagree with 4,5 and more than anything 14

grrrrrrr

and 1.  1 is good measure if you're trying to broker an SSL link on a non defaulting webserver

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

Lmao, this is true but .-., some techies will respect other users as long as they respect you (Unless your in Russia, since Russia dumps you).

Groomlake Authority

49 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

1)been there Done that 

2)i am offended 

9 hours ago, PCgamer324 said:

I disagree with 4,5 and more than anything 14

grrrrrrr

and 1.  1 is good measure if you're trying to broker an SSL link on a non defaulting webserver

Keep in mind, this is all satire,

11 hours ago, Mug said:

22. Obvious grammatical errors in the title and obvious spelling errors in the post.

1) Techie is a real word, google it. Excluding for the fact that I didn't put capitals.

2) Yea, I was kind of rushing through that.

25 minutes ago, randomperson89 said:

1) Techie is a real word, google it. Excluding for the fact that I didn't put capitals.

2) Yea, I was kind of rushing through that.

It was more the use of the word 'of' instead of 'off'

All in jest though, you know :P

3 minutes ago, Mug said:

It was more the use of the word 'of' instead of 'off'

All in jest though, you know :P

I know, I just forgot to add an extra 'f'. I'm still going to leave it like that, because, it's kinda ironic how it's about pissing 'of' techies, when the title does that.

23. Trying to be a techie (E.g. I have a 10 ghz mouse, I have a 144 dpi monitor, I have an RGB monitor, I have a GTX 1090 ti with 9kWh)

How about just because you work in IT that instantly means that you know how to fix every single issue with any electrical device

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

1 minute ago, Zangashtu said:

How about just because you work in IT that instantly means that you know how to fix every single issue with any electrical device

True....

16 hours ago, randomperson89 said:

Socks and Sandals (Not really, just wanted to add this in.)

This should offend the whole of humanity

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The only thing that currently annoys me are A) Fanboys, "AMD has the worst drivers."  Let's go over some facts, shall we?  Wasn't Nvidia who had 6+ bad drivers in a row causing blue screens recently?  AMD use to have some really terrible drivers, though.  Or, the over exaggerations of FX processors which do indeed have their flaws just like any other processor on the market.  B)  Companies that get over-glorified when they have a lot of issues.  ASRock gets glorified a lot, but they had a lot of board failures.  Gigabyte, my fave has a lot of annoying driver issues.  MSI has a z97 motherboard with a design flaw that causes the PCI-e lanes to easily fall off.  C)  Over glorification of products because "oooo shiny!" over price to performance.  This happens a lot with laptops.  Why do I need to pay more for laptops when I can build a desktop that destroys it for a lot less?  D)  Tech-tards, "I read somewhere that the PS4's GPU is equal to a Titan!"  Okay, that last one just makes me cringe then laugh.

All true.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

This should offend the whole of humanity

Lol.

My biggest one is people who want a computer to run some demanding game/application, have a budget of £40 and look at me dumbfounded when I detail the impossibility of the task, and how for that money they'd be lucky to get a basic Optiplex P4 on Windows 7 unless they went second hand, which of course they want brand new!.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

2 minutes ago, Kierax said:

My biggest one is people who want a computer to run some demanding game/application, have a budget of £40 and look at me dumbfounded when I detail the impossibility of the task, and how for that money they'd be lucky to get a basic Optiplex P4 on Windows 7 unless they went second hand, which of course they want brand new!.

I know how you feel.

1 minute ago, randomperson89 said:

I know how you feel.

Drives me bloody daft, lost some custom for it, but i just can't be doing with making everything a flipping bargain for a "mate", of course, these "mates" only ever bloody contact you for "cheap" or free tech support, then fuck off into the sunset once sorted.

Once I stopped being a mug, sure lost some "friends" but ended up with some solid mates, and a reasonable rate of actual paying custom, just drives me daft how people when regarding computers are happy spending £60 a month on the latest iPhone doda, yet a few hundred to the tech to find/supply/install a computer is beyond them.

Pricks.

/rantoff.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Drives me bloody daft, lost some custom for it, but i just can't be doing with making everything a flipping bargain for a "mate", of course, these "mates" only ever bloody contact you for "cheap" or free tech support, then fuck off into the sunset once sorted.

Once I stopped being a mug, sure lost some "friends" but ended up with some solid mates, and a reasonable rate of actual paying custom, just drives me daft how people when regarding computers are happy spending £60 a month on the latest iPhone doda, yet a few hundred to the tech to find/supply/install a computer is beyond them.

Pricks.

/rantoff.

Could I just take a mic, and drop it.... on their computer. That's how you solve their problems. Mic drop onto their computer.

I think to be honest, a basic training course should be mandatory for users to even be permitted to go online.

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I think to be honest, a basic training course should be mandatory for users to even be permitted to go online.

Yup, and you must past a puberty test in order to go online in any video game....

1 minute ago, randomperson89 said:

Yup, and you must past a puberty test in order to go online in any video game....

With the rise of voice controlled assistants built into OS's I am staggered nobody has integrated them into modern popular FPS's to kick/remove/ban anyone who starts on a tirade of crap during gameplay.

Punkbuster looking at YOU with this one!

2 hours ago, Kierax said:

With the rise of voice controlled assistants built into OS's I am staggered nobody has integrated them into modern popular FPS's to kick/remove/ban anyone who starts on a tirade of crap during gameplay.

Punkbuster looking at YOU with this one!

This is getting out of topic.

2 minutes ago, chrisholland03 said:

I try to avoid the piss of techies.  

Yet, you will somehow do it.

bad cable management

using the mouse where a simple TAB or aroow keys couldve helped

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3