Whats the best antivirus/anti-malware software

Now I'm becoming more secure with what I do on the internet I would like suggestions on the best paid antimalware/virus software that'll help me protect my devices. 

The best antivirus is smart web browsing. 

Then use malwarebytes if you get a bug.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Brain.exe

Just be careful with what youd dowload, execute or install.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

just downloaded malware bytes. 

1 minute ago, Tb428 said:

just run virus.exe and you will be fine jk. a good free one is avast but probably shouldn't go for mcafee or norton slow down you computer a lot.

7 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

The best antivirus is smart web browsing. 

Then use malwarebytes if you get a bug.

6 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Brain.exe

Just be careful with what youd dowload, execute or install.

malware bytes for monthly scans, and something like AVG or Avast as fulltime check.
maby EMET in the background.

That's what I run

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

3 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

just downloaded malware bytes. 

Awesome. Happy browsing :) 

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

In order of effectiveness:

1. Router with configurable ip and domain based firewall
  2. Hostsman with MoaAB list
  3. uBlock Origin extension for Chrome/FF
  4. Netlimiter
  5. Malwrebytes Premium (for the browser anti-exploit)
  6. Keyscrambler

In my opinion. Of course avoiding shady sites, email and links is the best measure and its free.

thanks this helps a bunch. Care to expand a little on keyscrambler? Is it just a program that specifically protects against keyloggers? 

Check out ESET. Have been using Smart security for years and hasn't let me down yet.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

22 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

Now I'm becoming more secure with what I do on the internet I would like suggestions on the best paid antimalware/virus software that'll help me protect my devices. 

Check out AV ratings at AV-Test and AV-Comparatives. Basically, Windows 10's built in Windows Defender is not so good with zero-day malware especially if someone has a very risky online activity. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

Check out AV ratings at AV-Test and AV-Comparatives. Basically, Windows 10's built in Windows Defender is not so good with zero-day malware especially if someone has a very risky online activity. 

thanks will do! :) 

2 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Check out ESET. Have been using Smart security for years and hasn't let me down yet.

looks really professional I'll look into it. 

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Yup thats what it does. Barely uses system resources.

I'll use it. Won't hurt to use it haha. 

I use Avast (free), runs smoothly, isnt intrusive and has never given me an issue with downloads or games. 

Malwarebytes is a must

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I use Malwarebytes and AVG.

CPU i5 6500 - Motherboard ASUS H110M-K - GPU Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB - RAM 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix - SSD Kingston V300 120GB SSD - HDD WD Blue 1TB - PSU Corsair RMx 550W - Case NZXT S340 (White)

There's no such thing as a "best" anti virus.

Any anti virus that is updated regularly will do the job, along with a bit of common sense.

Some are better than others, especially for zero-day exploits, for that you can just look at AV-test or AV-Comparatives to get a good idea of what is "better" or not(or one of the many others AV tests out there), but even the Windows Defender is "good enough".

I would suggest getting one with an active firewall for the added browser protection(built-in Windows firewall may as well not exist, it's useless 99% of the time.)

The rest is up to personal preferences.

Just try the trial versions of a few Internet Security suites from the like of Bitdefender, Kaspersky, ESET, Norton, Avira, AVG etc... and see which one you like the best.

(If you can, make a backup of your PC first, and then restore it after you're done testing the trials. Anti viruses are notorious for leaving a lot of "trash" behind even after getting rid of them)

Personally Bitdefender outright failed on my PC, it never worked everytime I tried it (3 times over 3 years, because every year I try a few suites when my current license expire), it would block my network access completely with its custom SSL or it would just crash when I tried to open it. Thus the importance of trying the trial before buying.

Keep in mind that Malwarebyte is NOT an anti-virus.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro