Ram speeds ? i think ive done something wrong?

i purchased two different ram sets by accident few months ago i think something is wrong im not getting speeds im supposed too ? 

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, RickySrx said:

i purchased two different ram sets by accident few months ago i think something is wrong im not getting speeds im supposed too ? 

Capture.PNG

what is the speed listed in task manager?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

So you're running two different sets of RAM in your system at the same time (as in two different speeds)? I could imagine that that would cause some issues. Try only running one set at a time and see if the speeds match the specs on the box.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

I saw something somwhere that says that they effectively run at 666 or something (not a troll but thats the number i believe) its fine, I don't remember the exact reason but it's running at the correct speeds.

4 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I saw something somwhere that says that they effectively run at 666 or something (not a troll but thats the number i believe) its fine, I don't remember the exact reason but it's running at the correct speeds.

Actually its supposed to be a little higher than that, if its 1600 mhz then it should run at around 800. If it's 1333 then its at the right speed. Try enabling XMP in bios http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2826569/corsair-8gb-1866mhz-ram-running-666mhz.html

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

RIGHT! Good thing you mentioned that. You (OP) should be in the clear. Your ram is effectively running at 1333MHz. Since you're using DDR3 RAM (DDR as in Double Data Rate) some system monitoring programs will show only half the actual speed of the memory.

WHIPLASH

Just now, toasty6776 said:

RIGHT! Good thing you mentioned that. You (OP) should be in the clear. Your ram is effectively running at 1333MHz. Since you're using DDR3 RAM (DDR as in Double Data Rate) some system monitoring programs will show only half the actual speed of the memory.

IM A GENIUS!

The ram is running fine, there is no issue.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, toasty6776 said:

Most monitoring programs will show the actual speed of the memory, while the quoted speed is the effective speed. For effective clock 1600MHz DDR3, the actual clock is 800MHz, half the actual clock would be 400MHz. 

Could be seen as nitpicking, but the difference between actual speed and effective speed is important. Similar to MB and Mb, mixing the two ends up meaning something completely different. 

EDIT: Basically, they're not showing half the actual speed, they are showing the full actual speed, which is half the effective speed. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Most monitoring programs will show the actual speed of the memory, while the quoted speed is the effective speed. For 1600MHz DDR3, the actual clock is 800MHz, half the actual clock would be 400MHz. 

Could be seen as nitpicking, but the difference between actual speed and effective speed is important. Similar to MB and Mb, mixing the two ends up meaning something completely different. 

You, sir, are correct. My post was indeed unprecise.

WHIPLASH

its DDR3 PC3-10700 running at 1333mhz effectively, whats the issue?

edit, seems fine. no issue

Edited by mok

Photography / Finance / Gaming

38 minutes ago, mok said:

its DDR3 PC3-10700 running at 1333mhz effectively, whats the issue?

edit, seems fine. no issue

i bought two different sets of ram but they are two different speeds and the same make im just wondering is this meaning im losing out on much performance ?

Capture.PNG