What is star citizen?

Joelbanks5

What exactly is star citizen? I've read a little about it on Wikipedia and here and in still a little confused. From what I understand right now is that it's a game with a lot of dlc(or updates I forgot) and the dlc is what is making the news? Idk I'm still confused haha

3 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

What exactly is star citizen? I've read a little about it on Wikipedia and here and in still a little confused. From what I understand right now is that it's a game with a lot of dlc(or updates I forgot) and the dlc is what is making the news? Idk I'm still confused haha

Isn't it a citizen of a star?  OK bad puns or jokes aside, SC is like this open world sci-fi RPG'ish type online multiplayer game that's still not in full release stage, I think.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

If only we had a Star Citizen sub forum....

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

you can always go to their website 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game/spaceflight

or sub to their youtube channel. they push out a few videos daily documenting their progress with the game. little to nothing is hidden. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

edit: especially see the "10 questions for the chairman" videos. basically chris roberts is asked 10 questions by the community and he answers them, sort-of like fireside chats 

check out this wiki created by r/starcitizen reddit base

https://starcitizen.tools/Star_Citizen_Wiki#button

with the said know that this is a PC-only title, and it's nowhere near completion; expect poor performance. 

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

After seeing a lot of "this topic has been moved to...." notes in the General Discussion section on almost a daily basis, I've sort of given up on people.  I no longer expect anyone to actually try to make themselves aware of what sections exist on the forum.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

5 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Isn't it a citizen of a star?  OK bad puns or jokes aside, SC is like this open world sci-fi RPG'ish type online multiplayer game that's still not in full release stage, I think.

not just multiplayer. there is a Squadron 42, single-player game, though i believe they'll also try incorporating some co-op. 

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

We do but your hopefully being sarcastic

IM BACK BABY

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

not just multiplayer. there is a Squadron 42, single-player game, though i believe they'll also try incorporating some co-op. 

Thanks for the info.  The thing is, while SC does sound like a cool game... I'm not going to follow a crowd funding project that's been in development for so long.  I understand that the devs have set high standards/goals and want to make sure that the game is very good, but until I actually see a released product out of any forms of Alpha or Beta testing I will wait and spend my money elsewhere, on something more substantial.

27 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

After seeing a lot of "this topic has been moved to...." notes in the General Discussion section on almost a daily basis, I've sort of given up on people.  I no longer expect anyone to actually try to make themselves aware of what sections exist on the forum.

Hah, yeah. Tell me about it.

24 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

We do but your hopefully being sarcastic

I'm really glad you caught that 9_9

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

40 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

A MMO with FPS, Space dog fighting and mining trading and even farming (atleast on release) with AAA level graphics, right now it's an alpha plenty of people on here got hyped for and started an clan, use to be second largest till TEST goons turned up.

27 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Thanks for the info.  The thing is, while SC does sound like a cool game... I'm not going to follow a crowd funding project that's been in development for so long.  I understand that the devs have set high standards/goals and want to make sure that the game is very good, but until I actually see a released product out of any forms of Alpha or Beta testing I will wait and spend my money elsewhere, on something more substantial.

Wise choice, there is a free week going on right now if you wanted to test it for yourself, for me this is the game I dreamed of a long time ago so I've enjoyed every little update.

13 minutes ago, rentaspoon said:

A MMO with FPS, Space dog fighting and mining trading and even farming (atleast on release) with AAA level graphics, right now it's an alpha plenty of people on here got hyped for and started an clan, use to be second largest till TEST goons turned up.

Wise choice, there is a free week going on right now if you wanted to test it for yourself, for me this is the game I dreamed of a long time ago so I've enjoyed every little update.

So the full game is released? And it's just geting a bunch of updates? Or is it not released and they are just documenting their updates?

9 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

So the full game is released? And it's just geting a bunch of updates? Or is it not released and they are just documenting their updates?

It's being developed and it's an Alpha. It just got a recent update that changed major flight behavior and an FPS combat module.

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

• 2 weeks later...