Tablet and phone gaming overrated.

maizenblue

I bought an IPhone 7 plus in large part because I wanted to try out mobile gaming and the 7 plus is about as good as it gets for that.

Unfortunately I'm just not that impressed with mobile games so far. IOS is apparently loads better than Android when it comes to gaming, but having sampled a fair amount of games I have to say so far I'm pretty disappointed. Even the new Super Mario game I just downloaded today seems like a pale comparison to the console versions of Mario, even though the graphics are sharper.

Pretty much the only game that has kept my attention for any length of time is riptide renegade GP because of the gorgeous graphics and the novelty of controlling your bike by tilting the screen.

This has been a major disappointment. Years ago I loved the Nintendo Gameboy, and I figured the graphics power of modern flagship phones would make mobile games so much better, but the games so far just seem really lame and repetitive.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

mobile games are just a giant money making scheme

nobody bothers to develop anything decent because there's no money to be made

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Because mobile phones are not meant for gaming. If you want that, get Nvidia shield or something. Or get a console.

Yeah there are games and stuff on that. I would not imagine someone buys an iPhone just to play Clash of Clans on it

Besides, there is BlueStacks on Windows PC.

7 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

the guy who created fappy bird made millions

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

the guy who created fappy bird made millions

and then killed himself

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Mobile gaming is at the level of last gen consoles. My phone plays GTA san andreas, doom 3 and half-life. Once you get over the minefield of freemium crap there are some worthwhile games available.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Mobile gaming is at the level of last gen consoles. My phone plays GTA san andreas, doom 3 and half-life. Once you get over the minefield of freemium crap there are some worthwhile games available.

They soon go freemium. Remember when Asphalt was paid? And so was Modern Combat? Ahhh. So does FIFA

Microtransactions are much more profitable for gaming companies

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

You think so? So far my experience has been that they aren't even at the level of the original Nintendo entertainment system. I had loads more fun playing Castlevania and Zelda than I have on any game I've played on IOS.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

8 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

This is partially true. It's a different type of audience. For instance. When you buy a watch, you just have it show minute, time and seconds. However at home you have a calendar, and clock on the wall so you know the day, month, year, and exact time.

The mobile market is a simple, and dumed down version of things for quick use. 
Most games are similar to angry birds and endless runners, if not very simple. 

The point is to be quick to understand. Easy to play. And when possible, fork out some money for it. It's like the facebook market. When you play Farmville or Bejewled, you can play a little bit, or pay some money to play for longer, and get power ups. 

When you play on mobile you are targetting the same audience. 
Bejewled and similar games are on these devices. 

You want it to be pretty easy to understand because no one wants to sit on the toilet and micromanage a billion things. They want to sit on the toilet and blow stuff up without difficulty. ie angry birds. 

Putting a game like Civilization 5 or something could potentially take in a ton of money, however a game like that is really complicated. You can't exactly jump into civilization, or Arma from a gameplay perspective and just be like, okay. I can play for 2 minutes, and not put a lot of thought into it. 

It's game design. It's very difficult to design things, because everything has to be chosen for a reason. 
THough I would like to say a dummed down version of Civ 5 would be really cool. Unfortunately idk how to make iphone apps so someone else make it. I won't sue if you say I had the idea somewhere in credits. :P 

The games are all very simple to get a hold of. 

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

They soon go freemium. Remember when Asphalt was paid? And so was Modern Combat? Ahhh. So does FIFA

Microtransactions are much more profitable for gaming companies

sad but true. idiots need to stop getting sucked into freemium.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

sad but true. idiots need to stop getting sucked into freemium.

Hey.. The only reason I threw about 50 dollars into this text based war game (World war? by Storm 8) was because I wanted to never lose, because I never played the game. I get sanctioned all the time because I'm level like 28 with a million defense as like... I bought a lot of defense buildings.. Okay? When you don't play, you don't level up, but you still make some money, and ... 

Shut up....

4 minutes ago, fpo said:

Hey.. The only reason I threw about 50 dollars into this text based war game (World war? by Storm 8) was because I wanted to never lose, because I never played the game. I get sanctioned all the time because I'm level like 28 with a million defense as like... I bought a lot of defense buildings.. Okay? When you don't play, you don't level up, but you still make some money, and ... 

Shut up....

$50 isnt much compared toothers. Some people are still throwing $10 a week at pokemon go

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

$50 isnt much compared toothers. Some people are still throwing $10 a week at pokemon go

Pokemon Go is stupid... I had an empire of ... all my buildings had counts of like 20,000 or more. Not a bunch of balls in my bag. I didn't waddle around with a giant ballsack of scruffy weird slimy lookin' thangs... 

I had the finest military the game no one ever played had ever seen...

yeah mobile gaming sucks, though if it didn't they're  would still be the battery drain factor a gameboy advanced sp will last for 5-8 hours sot if I remeber correctly while playing games on a phone maybe 2-4 

Yeah even being an avid PC gamer I cant stand mobile games. They are usually filled with in game purchases and directed at children. Also I cant control anything accurately with a touch screen.

Specs:

CPU: i5-6500 3.2 GHz Mobo: ASRock H110M-HDV RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2133 MHz DDR4 GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition Storage: 120GB Sandisk Ultra II 1 TB WD HDD 7200 RPM PSU: Antec VP600P 600W Display: CrossOver 2795QHD 2560x1440 105 Hz OC OS: Windows 10 64 bit

mobile gaming is only fun for puzzle and brain games such as monument valley or lara croft go, other than that I don't get sucked into any of them..

• 2 weeks later...

Considering how powerful mobile GPUs have become (compute power about on par with PS360), they're pretty well wasted on the current mobile gaming market. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Mobile gaming, aka pay to win  at its finest. I'm flashing back to the time gameloft release modern combat 5... Oh the pay to win was strong in that game... I mean using Android, it's cool that I have emulators for Gameboy and whatnot, but other than that, there's no "good" game. 

most of the rockstar ports on mobile are good

im currently playing bully : special edition (or something like that) and its doing good.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I've always like Catapult King and Sky Force 2. 

Xcom: Enemy Within is $3 now.  It's a port of the full PC version.   The bigger the screen the better for that one, though.  

All three are worth the download... especially the first two because, well, they're free.