Is this okay?

DC

My internet speed really slow.

I get 11mb down and 2mb up when my pc is the only device that is using the internet.

Since I got built my new pc, I purchased a lot of games.

However, it is taking a lots, very a lot of time to download.

Is it okay to leave my pc on to download games for few days??????????????

I'm just be going to be downloading. 

When I'm downloading, my pc's temp is around 25 C

My pc specs

i5 6500

16gb ( 8 x 2) ddr 4 ripjaws v

gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb oc

ga b150m ds3h

wd 1tb hard drive

crucial mx300m 275gb

corsair cx450m

phanteks eclipse p400 case

What speeds are you paying for from your ISP? Your PC specs won't affect that.

And yeah, fine to leave it on.

yes...? Most power supplies are tested for long-time operation. If you are concerned, you can turn off your graphics card.

PCs can be on 24/7 with no issues. 

If it can't something is wrong with the PC.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, cdsboy2000 said:

What speeds are you paying for from your ISP? Your PC specs won't affect that.

And yeah, fine to leave it on.

My family is only using the internet service. It cost around 45bucks.

At the contract, it says the internet speed is 10mb down and 1mb up

I'm using comcast.

I wanted to change to RCN but my parents does not want to.

1 minute ago, DC said:

My family is only using the internet service. It cost around 45bucks.

At the contract, it says the internet speed is 10mb down and 1mb up

I'm using comcast.

I wanted to change to RCN but my parents does not want to.

If the service is rated 10/1, and you are getting 11/2, what is the issue?

As long as you have a decent power supply (which you do, though a lot of people will want to argue otherwise) and you're not pushing your computer way beyond its acceptable limits (running CPU at a high voltage, CPU running at really high tempereatures etc), your computer should be fine running for extended periods of time.

You might want to see if you can contact your ISP to enquire about your connection speed though. Sometimes they can fiddle with your line remotely to get you better speeds, if you're lucky.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

2 hours ago, anybodykek said:

If the service is rated 10/1, and you are getting 11/2, what is the issue?

However, the speed decreases when I download games. It took me about 35 hours to download starwars battlefront which was about 50gb file size. And this was when ONLY my pc was using internet. The time doubles when my family uses the internet. 

1 minute ago, DC said:

However, the speed decreases when I download games. It took me about 35 hours to download starwars battlefront which was about 50gb file size. And this was when ONLY my pc was using internet. The time doubles when my family uses the internet. 

Can you do a Speedtest?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, DC said:

What you download files at is not necessarily indicative of your speed.  I have 100 mbps down and the best I've gotten from steam is like 36 mbps.  Your also limited by the speeds on the other end

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

PCs can be on 24/7 with no issues. 

I leave my PC on literally all the time (Sleep when not using tho) and only restart for updates or when installing new software.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

2 hours ago, rmac52 said:

What you download files at is not necessarily indicative of your speed.  I have 100 mbps down and the best I've gotten from steam is like 36 mbps.  Your also limited by the speeds on the other end

Yeah. When I download from steam, my speed goes down to 800kbps. So I had to leave my pc on for a long long period of time.

2 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Can you do a Speedtest?

Yes, I got 40 ping. 10.8 down and 2.3 up

Just now, DC said:

Yes, I got 40 ping. 10.8 down and 2.3 up

I'm thinking it's something related to the source of download.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

19 minutes ago, DC said:

My internet speed really slow.

I get 11mb down and 2mb up when my pc is the only device that is using the internet.

Since I got built my new pc, I purchased a lot of games.

However, it is taking a lots, very a lot of time to download.

Is it okay to leave my pc on to download games for few days??????????????

I'm just be going to be downloading. 

When I'm downloading, my pc's temp is around 25 C

My pc specs

i5 6500

16gb ( 8 x 2) ddr 4 ripjaws v

gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb oc

ga b150m ds3h

wd 1tb hard drive

crucial mx300m 275gb

corsair cx450m

phanteks eclipse p400 case

thats pretty average speeds! its fine to leave your pc on all the time, but some parts take more wear than others. for example the most vulnerable is your hard drive.what kind do you have? you should be fine if you have a good model. just keep in mind its designed for use of a few hours a day. if you're really concerned download half your games, turn it off for most the day, then continue with the rest!

2 hours ago, Beeeyeee said:

thats pretty average speeds! its fine to leave your pc on all the time, but some parts take more wear than others. for example the most vulnerable is your hard drive.what kind do you have? you should be fine if you have a good model. just keep in mind its designed for use of a few hours a day. if you're really concerned download half your games, turn it off for most the day, then continue with the rest!

I have wester digital blue 1tb. So should I download 1 game and rest my pc for a while and download again and rest for a while for my hard drive?

Just now, DC said:

I have wester digital blue 1tb. So should I download 1 game and rest my pc for a while and download again and rest for a while for my hard drive?

no

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

3 minutes ago, DC said:

No. The computer doesn't require "resting." It has no energy levels, or anything like that. Allowing it to "rest" will do nearly nothing for you.

5 hours ago, DC said:

no you'll be fine downloading any amount. but i'd give it a rest after around 48 hours or so. the motors and stuff aren't rated for 24/7 use. how big is your library?