Will We Ever See a End To Internet Piracy ?

Kind of a open ended question for those who are more versed in the subject ? So will we ever see a end to internet piracy or piracy in general  ?  

Would love too hear what everyone has to say !! :)

As long as there are programs that cost money and are pirate-able, people will pirate.

no, its like asking if crime will ever stop. i believe there is a place and a time where even piracy can be justified so i doubt that it will seize to exist. there is too much incentive to pirate.

Unlikely. People will always find a way to pirate things.

Hell, back in the day people would make copies of vinil records with what amounts to household materials (if done right you couldn't tell the difference between the original and the bootleg)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I think we might if looking at purely software. Eventually everything could switch to "always online" and that could be the solution(not necessarily good one) 
I really doubt that music and film piracy is ever going to stop.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Hopefully not.  Without piracy, I wouldn't have discovered a tenth of the music I listen to nowadays and less than a quarter of the movies and series I watch. 

A world without piracy would mean I'd have a lot more money though, as I do buy every song, movie and series I like.  And that amount is a lot larger that it would be if I hadn't downloaded all that stuff first to check it out.

I'm pretty much saying no. Piracy can help teach people that are poor though, growing up in a poor family, if I had to pay for all of the software I learned to use as a kid, I would be much less tech savvy / poor in software skils. I know educational software is free, but I was learning AutoCAD and Adobe in middle school...having to wait until college to even get free educational licenses is too long in my opinion.

That being said, as I grew up, I am starting to appreciate the software I downloaded back then and slowly buying software, music, and anime as we pay off our family debts still. I'm starting to convert over to buying stuff now since we now have a better income because of the software skills I learned.

Yep, once application creators decide to make their stuff free and only make money from optional stuff (DLC's for example) and selling private info.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/