Apple "Hello again" Live Stream

79wjd

Macbook pro, no sd reader, no hdmi, more price.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

6 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

Hi , 

-snip-

Because the only way USB-C will ever get adopted is if manufacturers start to exclude type-A ports. So dropping type-a was an inevitability that had to occur at some point. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

22 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

USB-A is dead. Accept it and move on to type c.

No it's not. What world do you live in?

Use type-C is in concept awesome, and we need this, but we not there yet.... USB type A is extremely widely used. If it has 1x or 2x USB type A, it would be great. This was and still is the main selling point of the Surface Pro line. It shows you the importance of it. Now, you need to buy and carry adapters... for your mouse, for a friend or your own USB flash drive. You need to buy all that.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Use type-C is in concept awesome, and we need this, but we not there yet.... USB type A is extremely widely used. If it has 1x or 2x USB type A, it would be great. This was and still is the main selling point of the Surface Pro line. It shows you the importance of it. Now, you need to buy and carry adapters... for your mouse, for a friend or your own USB flash drive. You need to buy all that.

The unfortunate truth is that the market would remain stagnant and Type-C would take YEARS (at best) to really start to completely take over without a driving force behind the change. Type-C is an all around better standard and needs something to get the transition to type-C going. I for one, wouldn't buy any USB-A based device at this point simply because type-c is the way everything is heading. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Ladies and gentlemen, these new Macs cost, and I shit you not, €2700 for a 15" MacBook Pro. That's $3000 for a notebook that costs $2400 in the US. The cheapest 13" that they want you to buy instead of an Air is €1700 instead of the €1100 a MacBook Air is today.

Now if you will excuse me, I'll be back when I'm done rolling on the floor from laughing.

Ye ole' train

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Or just use a micro to type-C cable for your mouse instead of the provided micro to type-C cable... And buy a type-C flash drive... I don't understand the issue people have with type-C... You don't even need a dongle for video cables, you can buy cables that have the DisplayPort to whatever protocol converter built in...

Just now, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Ladies and gentlemen, these new Macs cost, and I shit you not, €2700 for a 15" MacBook Pro. That's $3000 for a notebook that costs $2400 in the US.

Now if you will excuse me, I'll be back when I'm done rolling on the floor from laughing.

Blame your government, not apple. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

-snip-

People will still buy them, they buy into the brand.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

1 minute ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Or just use a micro to type-C cable for your mouse instead of the provided micro to type-C cable... And buy a type-C flash drive... I don't understand the issue people have with type-C... You don't even need a dongle for video cables, you can buy cables that have the DisplayPort to whatever protocol converter built in...

Use adapter this, buy new thing that.

That's your problem.

Ye ole' train

3 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Ladies and gentlemen, these new Macs cost, and I shit you not, €2700 for a 15" MacBook Pro. That's $3000 for a notebook that costs $2400 in the US. The cheapest 13" that they want you to buy instead of an Air is €1700 instead of the €1100 a MacBook Air is today.

2400*1,2=2880+import, normal price. By normal I mean it makes sense, it's absurd amount to pay though.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Use adapter this, buy new thing that.

That's your problem.

You're right, let's all go back to VHS tapes because fuck having to buy new things to take advantage of new and better tech. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

People will still buy them, they buy into the brand.

It'll be a heck of a lot less people though. Even the most die-hard fan has budget, and quite frankly, €2700 isn't in many of those.

Besides, the fans aren't what make Apple the $$$, it's the normal folks looking for a normal notebook for school or work. For those people, a starting price of €1700 is way too high.

I expect Apple to sell the 13" Air like hotcakes while it's still in stock, and then Mac sales will slow down significantly.

Ye ole' train

14 minutes ago, TheReal1980 said:

Why would a professional smudge the screen with fingers? Casual users can use pads for that, I like to see my screen display the colors properly.

I understand that but It would be nice for it to be optional.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

8 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Because the only way USB-C will ever get adopted is if manufacturers start to exclude type-A ports. So dropping type-a was an inevitability that had to occur at some point. 

Hi 

I totally agree that we should move to USB C / thunderbolt but slowly , not like this , at least , they should've included the adapters . Removing every port (HDMI , ... ) suddenly is not a good thing for apple users .

Just now, Red Hardware said:

Hi 

I totally agree that we should move to USB C / thunderbolt but slowly , not like this , at least , they should've included the adapters . Removing every port (HDMI , ... ) suddenly is not a good thing for apple users .

And tell me, how well is the "slow" transition going? USB-C launched two years ago and it still has piss poor adoption rates across the industry because there is no driving force behind the change. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

You're right, let's all go back to VHS tapes because fuck having to buy new things to take advantage of new and better tech. 

So you're going to throw out perfectly fine mice/keyboards/USB flash drives/whatever just so you can buy the exact same thing that functions 100% identically but with a different connector?

You need to re-evaluate some things.

Ye ole' train

2 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

So you're going to throw out perfectly fine mice/keyboards/USB flash drives/whatever just so you can buy the exact same thing that functions 100% identically but with a different connector?

You need to re-evaluate some things.

It's only a matter of time before USB-A isn't on any laptops anymore. It's not a question of if, but rather when. So either you rebuy everything now (or just throw an adapter on it and never worry about it again/replace the cable if it's swappable), or you rebuy everything in five years. 

Either way, you're going to be rebuying/rewiring everything. I see no point in wasting money on another five years of USB-A products that will need to be replaced/adapted. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

hardly, what the hell are people connecting to their laptops?

USB storage, my Logitech M510 travel mouse, my phone, USB DVD drives (if I need it), Steam Controller dongle (or USB cable), basically everything.

I'll just stick to my actually professional, not gimmicky laptop with actual expansion and maximum repairability, thanks Apple ^^

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

And tell me, how well is the "slow" transition going? USB-C launched two years ago and it still has piss poor adoption rates across the industry because there is no driving force behind the change. 

I know what you are talking about but we are not there . I like to see a day when every thing use USB C , form graphic cards to TVs to phones ...

But again "we are not there. "

If they want to make the transition faster , they should make a law about it and force MoBo , accessories manufacturers to only use USB C . 

Just now, Red Hardware said:

I know what you are talking about but we are not there . I like to see a day when every thing use USB C , form graphic cards to TVs to phones ...

But again "we are not there. "

If they want to make the transition faster , they should make a law about it and force MoBo , accessories manufacturers to only use USB C . 

This will basically do just that. Apple is great at pushing new standards forward. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

This will basically do just that. Apple is great at pushing new standards forward. 

And also pushing us back. Remember when laptops had keyboards that were actually comfortable to type on, and phones weren't so thin they compromised structural integrity just to make them thinner? And removing useful functionality just to make their devices thinner? Please. How is breaking compatibility with every single USB-A product out there more useful?

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

They did this with floppy disks :D ( I'm really happy that i was a kid at those days because i hate floppy ) . But people left floppy because of storage and speed limitations but its not the same with USB , we don't have a serious speed limitation going on with USB A , so i don't look forward to it.

3 minutes ago, Daring said:

And also pushing us back. Remember when laptops had keyboards that were actually comfortable to type on, and phones weren't so thin they compromised structural integrity just to make them thinner?

Like I said in my initial post, I'm withholding judgement on Butterfly gen 2 switches in hopes that they're significantly improved. 

If phones weren't made thinner phablets wouldn't work. So, definitely not pushing us back. Plus, it's not only Apple that wants thinner devices. People as a whole want thinner devices.

2 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

They did this with floppy disks :D ( I'm really happy that i was a kid at those days because i hate floppy ) . But people left floppy because of storage and speed limitations but its not the same with USB , we don't have a serious speed limitation going on with USB A , so i don't look forward to it.

More recently they did it with the DVD drive, and look how that turned out. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler