there is a class action lawsuit surrounding the Samsung Galaxy Note 7

source: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/galaxy-note-7-class-action-lawsuit + https://www.scribd.com/document/328033611/Samsung-Complaint#download

via: http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-7-lawsuit-723080/

if you thought it was because of the "exploding" batteries, you'd be quite wrong

The suit has three initial plaintiffs, who say that they were left without a phone for the several weeks between when Samsung and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission originally issued a recall and told consumers to “power down” their devices (September 9), and when the company began offering replacement devices (September 21). It also notes that Samsung didn’t make enough replacement devices immediately available—which is probably a good thing considering that the company ultimately had to recall those as well.

“Samsung informed consumers they would have to wait several days, and even weeks in many cases, before receiving a replacement smartphone,” the suit alleges. “During this time, and as a result of Defendant failing to provide consumers with an adequate replacement, consumers continued to incur monthly device and plan charges from their cellular carriers for phones they could not safely use.”

hmm, this makes wonder ...

where did the plaintiffs purchased the phones? the court documents are quite vague in this regard - I know that Amazon offered full refunds of the product and also didn't want the phones back; maybe they got it from other retailer!?

if they purchased from one of the carriers, it's the carrier's fault they didn't provide the plaintiffs with adequate replacements, not Samsung's

Welcome to America, where we will find a reason to sue your ass for saying "Hello".

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

why samsung is offering a full refund. the 30 ish people who got injured can file their own lawsuits if samsung isnt paying for damages already which i suspect they are

9 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

why samsung is offering a full refund. the 30 ish people who got injured can file their own lawsuits if samsung isnt paying for damages already which i suspect they are

im 99% sure they already have some of the people agree to not sue if samsung just piles the cash at them . guy who garage that burned i think was one. his insurance company is probably licking there chops looking at the cash cow they got ahold of . ive seen as high as full phone refund + carrier credit + check/cash 30-200$ just for returning it even if it didnt go boom . i was looking at one hell there still on sale in most of the small wireless stores in nyc . dont think they care about the recall

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

1 minute ago, gamerking said:

im 99% sure they already have some of the people agree to not sue if samsung just piles the cash at them . guy who garage that burned i think was one. his insurance company is probably licking there chops looking at the cash cow they got ahold of . ive seen as high as full phone refund + carrier credit + check/cash 30-200$ just for returning it even if it didnt go boom . i was looking at one hell there still on sale in most of the small wireless stores in nyc . dont think they care about the recall

samsung handled this really well imo 

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

samsung handled this really well imo 

yea they did after the safe recall started to be napalm machines.

1 minute ago, Belgarathian said:

I'm really not surprised this is happening. You fuck up, you get sued. Sad reality of America. 

you fart in the wrong direction at someone and your sued :P.

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

After Note 7 fiasco I guess Samsung will sharply focus on Galaxy S8 as one and the only flagship and only branded series. Note naming may not resonate well again, but who knows, it's just a though it may not be like so.

Though if they just go with having one flagship I guess they'll be the same phone with 2 sizes, larger one probably having some extras, like pen for example.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Well, given Samsung attempted to replace a "reclassified" Note 7 with an excess of 900$ as a forgiving gift to a user who had his phone exploding, im not terrible surprised Samsung will always have a new missile aimed at theyr heads lol. These schemes are failing quite hard, they need to pack theyr stuff asap. Now, wheres the Gear S3 Frontier already? Expected release of early October my arse.... More like late December at this rate. Canada pre-orders, 2 months later in Portugal only for sure....

Groomlake Authority

Some people are so dumb

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

On 10/18/2016 at 10:13 PM, zMeul said:

reminds me of this:

America lost it's marbles ...

Just thinking that there are good people suffering out there while others like her live nice comfortable lives infuriates me.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)