This can't be right.. Bad powerline speeds

Matriox

so to start off I have a house built in 2006 with pretty new wiring, second off I just recently got at&t gigapower internet. average fully wired connection is about 850Mbps down and same up. 5Ghz connection shows 150 up and down but now these new powerline adapters, the belkin hd gigabit powerline adapters to be exact, on the box says up to 1000 mbps which I know won't be possible but how come i'm only getting 25 MAX download and 11 upload?? I am literally no more than 15ft from the router(for testing purposes first) and i'm getting these results also i am not using any type of power strips. Please tell me i'm doing something wrong I read so many good things about these things or are mine just defective?

Capture.PNG

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

Capture.PNG

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
fixed image post

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

Powerline is much slower than rated speeds. This seems right. Its not that fast.

2 minutes ago, Matriox said:

I am literally no more than 15ft from the route

Due to how electrial is wired, it may have to run to the outher side of the house to get to the breaker.

if they are different circuits then you will get loads of interference in the breaker/fuse box

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

Heavy power usage appliances such as refrigerators, TVs, etc, connected to the same circuit as your adapter can also introduce noise into the power lines and decrease your speeds.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

On the off change you don't happen to have it plugged in on a power extension?

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

3 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

On the off change you don't happen to have it plugged in on a power extension?

no i am not using an extension it's directly connected into the wall

Brand of the powerlines?
what is the PWL standard? AV, G.hn or AV2? It should say on the back or when googling the brand/type.

oh, When it says on the box 500Mbs, don't believe it.

Connected via an ethernet cable out of the modem, you get your 850Mbs right? (I'm jealous btw)

Make sure that the outlets you are testing with are on the same power phase.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

4 hours ago, Belgiangurista said:

Brand of the powerlines?
what is the PWL standard? AV, G.hn or AV2? It should say on the back or when googling the brand/type.

oh, When it says on the box 500Mbs, don't believe it.

Connected via an ethernet cable out of the modem, you get your 850Mbs right? (I'm jealous btw)

They are a pair of belkin HD gigabit powerlines and 850 to 900 it fluctuates hah but it was just recently put in here in my part of florida so i'm still pretty new to it. I have a decent dual band router rated at 1300Mbps and it does much better than the stock isp router/modem but of course wifi is now the bottle neck lol even on 5Ghz it can't get close to the 850Mbps on wired(although can't notice a difference obviously). I'd say it's just a plus for when we have 20 devices downloading or streaming something and it stays solid. now the only problem is WIFI interference which i thought these powerline adapters would fix lol learned from my mistake though

Yeah, powerline is really not that great if you have fast internet. I can squeeze a bit more out of mine, however (around 35ish MB/s down and 12mb/s up).

Spoiler

Main rig specs: i5-6500 (3.2 GHz), Cryorig H5 Universal, EVGA GTX 970 FTW+, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2133MHz), Asus Z170i Pro Gaming, Samsung 950 PRO 256GB, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX, LG 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

12 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Use testmy.net for future speed tests it is more accurate 

I just tried that website out and the download speed was off by roughly a factor of ten. Speedtest.net is far more accurate for me at least.

Spoiler

Main rig specs: i5-6500 (3.2 GHz), Cryorig H5 Universal, EVGA GTX 970 FTW+, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2133MHz), Asus Z170i Pro Gaming, Samsung 950 PRO 256GB, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX, LG 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

Your "belkin HD gigabit powerline" kit appears to be based on Homeplug AV, which is an older standard that only uses the hot and neutral lines, not ground. The newer AV2 standard uses the ground wire as well. I have 4 "Zyxel AV2 600Mbps" adaptors and I can get almost 100Mbps between any pair of them (the ethernet connections are gigabit, but I've never gotten more that 100Mb at a single adaptor). 3 of the adaptors are on the same phase, 1 is on the other phase, and thanks to AV2's use of the ground wire, it can still connect at almost the same speed.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

I've managed to get 80mb/s on my 200mb/s TP link power line adapters. 

Something  that helped hugely is to not plug anything else into that same outlet, even if no power strip is used, also try moving to different rooms. For me sometimes closer does not equal faster.