Tek Syndicate is Burning

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

EDIT: Oh yeah I didn't mean "repost" I mean I saw it coming.

Oh okay.

Just making sure lol. I put effort into this one lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i would subscribe to Wendell Syndicate...

I would as well, and hopefully he'll be inclined to keep making content. But honestly he (And Qain probably) has his own business and probably doesn't needs to do youtube at all and was more along for the ride with his friends more than anything....still We want Dr Dipper.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Oh okay.

Just making sure lol. I put effort into this one lol

Do you know what is going to happen to Tek Syndicate? I felt Logan was a bit arrogant but Wendell was fine and I enjoyed their content overall.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Just now, Misanthrope said:

I would as well, and hopefully he'll be inclined to keep making content. But honestly he (And Qain probably) has his own business and probably doesn't needs to do youtube at all and was more along for the ride with his friends more than anything....still We want Dr Dipper.

Qain didn't need to respond to my random post on their Lounge asking for help with a networking issue, but he did.

Asked me to make a thread on it, then spent a decent amount of time helping me solve the problem.

Wendell is cut from the same cloth. He will definitely keep making videos. He's just that type of person.

Tek Syndicate has gone to shit lately.

Also, "vaping stuff." BRUH.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Man i used to watch all of Tek's videos, but they got heavy into the conspiracy stuff and light into the fact stuff. Then there seemed to be a lot less videos coming out, and the quality kept dropping. The last thing i can really remember watching was all the snarky comments about them vaping. I dont vape, but all my buddies do, and i thought the way they acted was stupid. Why not just ignore the dumbasses and live their lives how they want to?

I stopped watching quite a while ago, but i LOVED Wendell's linux/server/nas videos and its actually given me a lot of ideas on how to handle my (hopefully) upcoming redesign on my network system.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

4 minutes ago, silberdrachi said:

Man i used to watch all of Tek's videos, but they got heavy into the conspiracy stuff and light into the fact stuff. Then there seemed to be a lot less videos coming out, and the quality kept dropping. I stopped watching quite a while ago, but i LOVED Wendell's linux/server/nas videos and its actually given me a lot of ideas on how to handle my (hopefully) upcoming redesign on my network system.

The conspiracy stuff is more "awareness of historical evidence and fact" stuff. Like, all the spying stuff? Yeah that's all happening, and eventually it WILL effect everyone negatively.

I refer you to history, and the boiling frogs experiment.

As for the lack of content. Hard to say. Most attributed it to being due to Logan constantly moving, others have said it's more to do with him refusing to post content because of "quality".

I'd rather listen to Wendell with semi-poor audio for an hour, than 15 minutes of a high quality review of a product I don't care about.

Wendell runs his own IT consulting firm, if he says something is a concern, you have very good cause to consider it as such. Ignore Logan, he's just a failed comedian with sales experience. He probably has the same level of actual IT experience that I do.

Oh joy...drama.  The only kind of bullsh!t I dislike even more than shill reviews and corporate apologists pandering.  If you've not got a dog in the fight just ignore it, when the dust settles make your call then.

So let's speculate pointlessly because fuck it: sunday evening what else there's to do.

I think I know what happened and Conflict, thy name is Jennifer: She was brought on board specifically to deal with money stuff, sponsors, etc. That means Logan would have to relinquish a lot of responsibilities and trust to her. Yet most of her interactions have been just playing on the PGP streams with Wendell. 

This one would be nasty and I do hope I'm way off about this but I suspect this whole thing is an implosion due to Jennifer calling out Logan's mismanagement which is well, fucking likely.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

The conspiracy stuff is more "awareness of historical evidence and fact" stuff. Like, all the spying stuff? Yeah that's all happening, and eventually it WILL effect everyone negatively.

I refer you to history, and the boiling frogs experiment.

As for the lack of content. Hard to say. Most attributed it to being due to Logan constantly moving, others have said it's more to do with him refusing to post content because of "quality".

I'd rather listen to Wendell with semi-poor audio for an hour, than 15 minutes of a high quality review of a product I don't care about.

Oh there is a lot of stuff on there that was 100% i agree with. You could go through my history on this board and ill talk about the same things. But there were other ones they were discussing on the Tek and it was blatantly wrong, and there were articles out at the time of their recording that showed that. I wish i could remember what the topics were, but i just remember seeing them ramble on for 20 minutes about something that was known to not be true. Then they never bothered to acknowledge that they were totally wrong about it. (The lack of acknowledging the mistake rankled me more than the being wrong.)

edit: Ive noticed Jay and Barnacules does this sometimes too, but they do retract statements when they get it wrong. But its still annoying.

I did notice he moved a lot and it seemed to be his excuse for it, but then it just never felt like it picked back up in pace. Eventually i just removed it from my subscriptions because the things i did see didnt interest me anymore.

Wendell talking for 15 hours about how to configure some server things is somehow intensely interesting. A lot of the things i will likely never need, my needs for networking arent nearly what he has to deal with i assume, but he is great at explaining things and doesnt try to force the interest in it. You can tell he genuinely cares about it, and the fact hes making a video about it almost comes second.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I walked in on the last 45 minutes of the mayhem before the site went down. I saw Logan acting like an ass. To be honest, I seriously thought the site was hacked. Logan was just acting so insane and out of character I legitimately thought it was a hack. But Wendell has all but confirmed that Tek Syndicate is no more in the PGP stream.

Pretty sad. Hopefully Wendell and Qain can take some control of the assets and rebuild.

I haven't watched tek syndicate in a long while. In the beginning I quite enjoyed them,but I felt this shit coming from a mile away.

Sadly, I was the crazy old man yelling in the mountains until now

Just now, marasm said:

I walked in on the last 45 minutes of the mayhem before the site went down. I saw Logan acting like an ass. To be honest, I seriously thought the site was hacked. Logan was just acting so insane and out of character I legitimately thought it was a hack. But Wendell has all but confirmed that Tek Syndicate is no more in the PGP stream.

Pretty sad. Hopefully Wendell and Qain can take some control of the assets and rebuild.

i was at work and wading through the fallout trying to figure shit out

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So let's speculate pointlessly because fuck it: sunday evening what else there's to do.

I think I know what happened and Conflict, thy name is Jennifer: She was brought on board specifically to deal with money stuff, sponsors, etc. That means Logan would have to relinquish a lot of responsibilities and trust to her. Yet most of her interactions have been just playing on the PGP streams with Wendell. 

This one would be nasty and I do hope I'm way off about this but I suspect this whole thing is an implosion due to Jennifer calling out Logan's mismanagement which is well, fucking likely.

I am about 98% positive that "Kreestuh" is not Jennifer. Kreestuh works with Grizzle and Wendell at Wendell's IT consulting company in Kentucky. 

Just now, marasm said:

I am about 98% positive that "Kreestuh" is not Jennifer. Kreestuh works with Grizzle and Wendell at Wendell's IT consulting company in Kentucky. 

She's a completely different person to Jennifer.

so the super TL;DR is that they're burning but we don't actually know anything right now.  Maybe there'll be news about the money later?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, marasm said:

Why? I mean I get wanting to recover the posts but the software itself on those forums was well, fucking shitty. I'm sure they can quickly implement something way better instead of letting Logan fumble through bullshit which was how the latest version of the forum was built.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Logan reminds me of a certain host from insidesimracing, though his name escapes me...

so is the forum itself still recoverable? there's some good guides on there haven't checked out yet.. 

2 minutes ago, marasm said:

Oh ok so then it means no interactions at all then? Or it's been a while at least.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

so the super TL;DR is that they're burning but we don't actually know anything right now.  Maybe there'll be news about the money later?

We know that their entire mod staff, and admin staff, have been demoted and banned. Including Qain and Wendell (who actually owns the physical server, but not the Domain Name.)

We know that shit is happening, I guess.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

We know that their entire mod staff, and admin staff, have been demoted and banned. Including Qain and Wendell (who actually owns the physical server, but not the Domain Name.)

We know that shit is happening, I guess.

yeah, they're burning! :D

Now I really want to know the details... like, why? etc. :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

TS is dying rapidly, and the news about it is changing rapidly as well.

3 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

Logan reminds me of a certain host from insidesimracing, though his name escapes me...

so is the forum itself still recoverable? there's some good guides on there haven't checked out yet.. 

Data is physically on Wendell's server and Logan would have to start Legal action to bar him from using it since I assume they had some kind of partnership so he's entitled to it as well.

By the way the PGP stream is live but Wendell has been "on the phone" for a while likely dealing with this shit.

-------

Current Rig

-------