Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro

So this time around there's no huge GPU release or some company buying another company. It's just Beyerdynamic releasing their new DT1990 Pro!
The open twin brother to the already sold DT1770 Pro. Because of the famous DT lineup containing DT770 (closed) DT880 (semi) and DT990,
it wasn't much of an surprise that Beyerdynamic would come up with this gem. Just to clarify in the beforehand, these new sets of headphones are NOT
replacements for the old DT lineup, they are actually a step up, which you can clearly see when you look at the price tag of 599€, compared to a DT1990 for example
which currently is around 150€

So let's take a look at the headphones.

LL 

pic_dt1990pro_16-05_perspective_v1.jpg

Some specs:
- detachable cable (f*** yeah!)
- open back design
- 250 Ohm impedance
- 5-40,000 Hz Frequency Response
- 102 dB Sound Pressure Level
- Full size
- 370g weight w/o cable (vs. 250g DT990)
- Features Beyerdynamics Tesla Coil design, not sure if 2.0 though, but probably

Also they come with:
- A hardcase for travelling/storage
- Two sets of ear cushins
One for a more analytic and neutral sound
and the other one for a slight base boost
- Two different cables
One straight 3 meter long
and one coiled 5 meter long
both detachable via mini-xlr.

The headphones are said to arrive in stores in september during IFA in Berlin

I don't know about you but i'm super excited to try them out later this year!
With the success of the DT1770 Pro it will be no surprise that Beyerdynamic will yet
again claim a spot under the top headphones currently available.

The Price is a little on the high side but that was to be expected from the DT1770 Pro.

@Dackzy @GamerDude @SSL @spwath

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Must... Not... Buy... Need... Money.. For... Food...

Though, the use of Beyerdynamic's Tesla technology makes me a bit worried. 

The use of Tesla have been very hit 'n' miss in the past. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Cool, but they better be pretty good with a price like that. They have some serious (planar) competition.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

specs and price seem great, but not in love with the design of the grill 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

O_O

OOOO

AAHHHH...

*drools*

I've, honestly, never heard the sound sig out of a Beyerdynamic yet.  I've bought one for my brother (DT770 pro) but haven't listened to them; but something keeps me wanting to get a pair.

43 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

specs and price seem great, but not in love with the design of the grill 

I though the Sennheiser HD 600/650 were really ugly untill I seen them and tried in person. Pictures dont make them justice. May be the same case with these. But based on picture I have to agree with you there.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I need dis

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

ehh never liked any of their older products

they should team up with fostex again and produce amazing products again

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

They look very nice, might be getting me a pair of those if they're well worth the money, but we'll see.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

They look quite solid, love the all black design. Not fan of open headphones and would really like they find a way to tuck in those two protruding cables from each headphone. Never like that, bothered me, same for HyperX Cloud ones. Though that wouldn't be the deciding factor to buy it really.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

30 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

They look quite solid, love the all black design. Not fan of open headphones and would really like they find a way to tuck in those two protruding cables from each headphone. Never like that, bothered me, same for HyperX Cloud ones. Though that wouldn't be the deciding factor to buy it really.

I get what you mean with the cables protruding but they've never generally got in my way with my DT990s, only things this need is a straight detachable cable. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Very exciting. I'd love to try them! Not that that'd happen without buying em...

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

meh, i got big ass ears and the dt990s were no good to them