Graphics card

Jared121

Assuming that is USD, no. the RX 480 will perform pretty much identical to that card and is likely to be in the 200-240 area once prices settle down. the 1060 should be announced or released tommorrow, and should be about that much and perform like a 980.

So no, if you're buying new, there isn't a ton of reason to get a 970 unless its extremely time sensitive. and that particular 970 is among the weaker ones on the market

12 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Assuming that is USD, no. the RX 480 will perform pretty much identical to that card and is likely to be in the 200-240 area once prices settle down. the 1060 should be announced or released tommorrow, and should be about that much and perform like a 980.

So no, if you're buying new, there isn't a ton of reason to get a 970 unless its extremely time sensitive. and that particular 970 is among the weaker ones on the market

How do u know the 1060 will be released tomrrow?

I don't know that it will be released tomorrow. I've heard from many sources that Nvidia is "announcing" or "unveiling" or "releasing" their 1060 on July 7th. everyone so far as used a different term. Since there is no consensus, its likely just the announcement day, and we can expect the 1060 sometime in the next few weeks, but some people are saying its the release day, so we shall see what happens. (depending on where you are in the world, it may already be july 7th)

3 minutes ago, Jared121 said:

How do u know the 1060 will be released tomrrow?

Even completely ignoring the 1060, the 970 is a pretty terrible buy for $300. Both the $200 RX480 and $370 GTX1070 outperform it; it's too weak for its price, and too pricey for its performance compared to new generation competitors.

Just wait for the aftermarket 480's and 1060 to release, either that or try finding 980/980ti for cheap in your area

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

which one do u think will be better the 1060 or the rx 480?

11 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

I don't know that it will be released tomorrow. I've heard from many sources that Nvidia is "announcing" or "unveiling" or "releasing" their 1060 on July 7th. everyone so far as used a different term. Since there is no consensus, its likely just the announcement day, and we can expect the 1060 sometime in the next few weeks, but some people are saying its the release day, so we shall see what happens. (depending on where you are in the world, it may already be july 7th)

Which one do u think will be better the 1060 or the rx 480?

1 minute ago, Jared121 said:

which one do u think will be better the 1060 or the rx 480?

1060 but it will cost more aswell

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

45 minutes ago, wwsalmon said:

Even completely ignoring the 1060, the 970 is a pretty terrible buy for $300. Both the $200 RX480 and $370 GTX1070 outperform it; it's too weak for its price, and too pricey for its performance compared to new generation competitors.

Well, it's last Gen. Don't burn on it.

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

I'm not sure yet, though either way you should wait for both the aftermarket 480s and/or the 1060 before buying a 480, since the reference sucks. If I had to guess the 1060 will likely be better by a little, but cost more, so it depends on what you budget is and the benches that will be coming out around the 19th (if rumors are correct)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How much money do you have to spend? The 1060 is faster, but costs more. Id wait for reviews.

Well I just want a card that can run games like overwatch and h1z1 smoothly for the lowest price possible

3 minutes ago, Jared121 said:

Well I just want a card that can run games like overwatch and h1z1 smoothly for the lowest price possible

what res?

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The 1060 is faster, but costs more. Id wait for reviews.

Not true.

the 8GB version of the 480 costs $200+ USD

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

and 1060 is 250+

actually... just price checked it the 480 8GB is 250.

hard to buy that card when the 480 already exists...

some partner cards are coming out quite soon for the 480. wait for those 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

hard to buy that card when the 480 already exists...

some partner cards are coming out quite soon for the 480. wait for those 

but the 480 isnt available at any website right now 

1 minute ago, Jared121 said:

but the 480 isnt available at any website right now 

not much you can do about that but wait until they go in stock. 

better yet, wait until 480 partner boards start coming out 

Lol I don't even have a gpu and I need one badly but I don't have much money for a good one so I don't know what to buy 

How many dollars do you have? And what kind of dollars are they

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9