Light version of the forum

thekeemo

Some people don't have the greatest internet.

Why not make it easier for them to use the site?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

So, the old forum?

Wasn't there a html base version on the old fourm that was similar to the gmail old version?

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

yeah true

i have shit internet on vacation and things are tedious sometimes

6 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

So, the old forum?

Even more so

Like bare html

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

4 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Even more so

Like bare html

Go into inspect element and start deleting the .css in the head tag

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

1 minute ago, TheGrim123321 said:

Go into inspect element and start deleting the .css in the head tag

More importantly is the ajax and js which would break the site. CSS is actually not that heavy at all.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

More importantly is the ajax and js which would break the site. CSS is actually not that heavy at all.

Fuck it just delete everything in the inspect element that way you have to load nothing. I know I'm a genius you don't have to tell me. :P

TheGrim123321

33 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Solution:

In loading this page, about 31 kB were transferred over the network (for the actual HTML - all the JS and CSS is cached, as are most images). Even with dialup, it would take less than a second to load the page (obviously more with network latency and server response time taken into account, but reducing the page weight won't change that), assuming you have a primed cache.

HTTP/2 203

40 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

In loading this page, about 31 kB were transferred over the network (for the actual HTML - all the JS and CSS is cached, as are most images). Even with dialup, it would take less than a second to load the page (obviously more with network latency and server response time taken into account, but reducing the page weight won't change that), assuming you have a primed cache.

30-45 seconds for threads

1-2 minutes for notification menu and statuses...

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

30-45 seconds for threads

1-2 minutes for notification menu and statuses...

Simulating modem speeds, notifications still only take about 6 seconds, and loading a thread takes about 50s, though in reality times will differ because you will have a higher throughput but more packet loss and higher latencies. That is slow, I agree.

However, we are limited in what we can remove anyway, and the data is already compressed in transmission, so we wouldn't be able to have a major effect on load times without making the site completely bare and unusable, and it would require a lot of work, which we don't have the time or resources to do given how limited the usage would end up being.

HTTP/2 203