Is my psu good for 2 rx 480 crossfire

Hi, I have a Seasonic M12II evo 620W PSU and a i7-6700k cpu. Will it be enough for two rx 480 in corssfire or should I go with one gtx 1070?

thanks

Just go for the dual RX480. If you would need to get a new PSU, just buy one.

Umm idk due to the power issues that have been reported with the 480, I'd hold off on crossfire with the 480 until AMD addresses the issue

Oh the 1070 is what I would recommend as well since it is about equal to 480 xfire with less issues

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

5 minutes ago, MatthewLynch said:

Hi, I have a Seasonic M12II evo 620W PSU and a i7-6700k cpu. Will it be enough for two rx 480 in corssfire or should I go with one gtx 1070?

thanks

get a 1070

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

5 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Umm idk due to the power issues that have been reported with the 480, I'd hold off on crossfire with the 480 until AMD addresses the issue

What power issues? 

1 minute ago, MatthewLynch said:

What power issues? 

Either way I'd recommend the 1070 as well, due to xfire/sli being unsupported in some games

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

always go with the fastest single card so 1070

ye at the moment its still better to have a single card.. but I rly doubt it for the future... with dx12 and vulcan coming who knows...

1 hour ago, MatthewLynch said:

What power issues? 

They sap too much power from the PCI express slot on motherboards due to having a 6-pin power connector and not an 8-pin which would solve this problem. Thus, don't buy an RX480 until one with an 8-pin is released. You could also buy a single 1070 which is a much better buy since Crossfire and SLI are annoying.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||