GTX 1080 Green and red pixels only flashing on screen

Okera
Go to solution Solved by alphaproject,

You need to RMA. When the drivers get installed, it's actually using the GPU. When you run it and games are slow, it's because it's not truly running properly. I did the same with my GTX 770. As long as drivers were not installed it didn't freak out but of course, it's just a generic 2D VGA vid card at that point. RMA needed.

Its only stopping responding and recovering and causing the running game/program to crash.

3 minutes ago, Okera said:

Its only stopping responding and recovering and causing the running game/program to crash.

if you have any OC applied, reset it to defaults and see. If that doesnt help, then you my friend unfortunately have lost... the Silicon lottery in the worst kind of way

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 minutes ago, Okera said:

be sure to uninstall any previous drivers before installing new ones as well.

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

if you have any OC applied, reset it to defaults and see. If that doesnt help, then you my friend unfortunately have lost... the Silicon lottery in the worst kind of way

you mean as in a defective card?

I'd pull the card out, reseat it in the pci slot, reseat power connector. Completely uninstall driver and reinstall with the latest version. 

If it still doesn't work please provide full details on your build

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

1 minute ago, unidentical said:

I'd pull the card out, reseat it in the pci slot, reseat power connector. Completely uninstall driver and reinstall with the latest version. 

If it still doesn't work please provide full details on your build

i did that already, i'm running a x99 chipset so no onboard graphics

4 minutes ago, Rune said:

be sure to uninstall any previous drivers before installing new ones as well.

yu mean like a clean install?

download direct driver uninstaller and follow the prompts .

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

this will delete everything related to nVidia then you install a new driver you want.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.300V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

4 minutes ago, Okera said:

yu mean like a clean install?

Use DDU to uninstall your previous drivers as loony979 suggested.

2 minutes ago, Rune said:

Use DDU to uninstall your previous drivers as loony979 suggested.

will it still output a signal to the screen?

2 minutes ago, Okera said:

will it still output a signal to the screen?

Yes, it will use the default windows drivers until you install new ones.

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

i just ran a game on it and there was big flashing pixels and bright lights and screen flickering then it crashed

Just now, legacy99 said:

Yes, it will use the default windows drivers until you install new ones.

i just ran a game on it and there was big flashing pixels and bright lights and screen flickering then it crashed

27 minutes ago, Okera said:

Sounds like a defective card then. You will need to submit an RMA unfortunately and either use an older card or be without a card for 2-4 weeks depending on the vendor etc..

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

4 hours ago, Okera said:

4 hours ago, Okera said:

We heard you!

i uninstalled the driver and the computer runs fine, but wen i open games its moving extremely slow, but it has no flashing and crashing like when the driver is installed

1 hour ago, Okera said:

i uninstalled the driver and the computer runs fine, but wen i open games its moving extremely slow, but it has no flashing and crashing like when the driver is installed

Did you re install the drivers?

1 hour ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Did you re install the drivers?

reinstalled the first driver and while i was doing that the screen went black, then i reseted the pc and put it back on and the games had flashing pixels again and crashing

3 minutes ago, Okera said:

reinstalled the first driver and while i was doing that the screen went black, then i reseted the pc and put it back on and the games had flashing pixels again and crashing

Unistalled it again and no red and green pixel flashing, but the games run slow

You need to RMA. When the drivers get installed, it's actually using the GPU. When you run it and games are slow, it's because it's not truly running properly. I did the same with my GTX 770. As long as drivers were not installed it didn't freak out but of course, it's just a generic 2D VGA vid card at that point. RMA needed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2016 at 11:30 AM, alphaproject said:

I did RMA and the GPU was in fact defective, got a new one and it's working perfectly :D 

There ya go dude... :)  That was pretty fast I guess.  How long did it take and are you really satisfied now with the purchase?

10 hours ago, alphaproject said:

There ya go dude... :)  That was pretty fast I guess.  How long did it take and are you really satisfied now with the purchase?

well before i returned it i had to test out other stuff in the pc to make sure that the gpu wasn't working but i returned it for a refund last week monday, and ordered a new one and got it by last week wednesday, And yes i am absolutely satisfied with my purchase :D