Do you think a new Fractal Design Define R6 is coming this year?

The Define R3 came out in 2010, R4 in 2012 and R5 in 2014. Do you think they'll continue that trend and will you buy/upgrade to one?

I currently have a Define R5, I just wish there were dust filters on the side and top panel, and a slightly bigger front fan intake cutouts like the Corsair 400C, otherwise its perfect.

corsair-400c-1-1280x1024.jpg

Also the sound foam gets dirty easily and hard to clean, if I rub the dust off the cloth-like material of the sound foams it gets ruined.

What about you, are there some points you want Fractal Design to improve upon their Define series?

EDIT: Also want to add, I'm not a fan of the whole 'Moduvent' system since when you remove them you get spare plastic bits lying around, a waste of material.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

I feel like the R5 came out a couple months ago yet it came out in like November 2014 wow....

If it were to come out this year it would likely be way late in the year a bit before Christmas.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

8 minutes ago, airdeano said:

doubtful on a R6 revision.

you'd need to let Fractal Design know of your difficulties in dust control: http://www.fractal-design.com/home/contact-us

this lets them know if they need to make a R6 revision.

I'd probably link them to this thread.

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I feel like the R5 came out a couple months ago yet it came out in like November 2014 wow....

If it were to come out this year it would likely be way late in the year a bit before Christmas.

Yea it felt like yesterday. But maybe one more revision and they will perfected it.

• 3 months later...

I thought it might be interesting to revisit this topic now since we are closing up on the time for any eventual release.
So i pulled out the google trends tool to see if there was any recent increase in search frequency for "define r6", and statistically speaking, there is nothing. No significant trend increase over the past 6 months. Then i found this thread and ran the search frequency for "define r5" leading up to its release in 2014, and lo and behold.... nothing.

But wait! Searches for r5 jump significantly on day of release, naturally, but the average amount of searches is significantly lower for r5 leading up to release than they are for r6 right now. 

Although this leads to no certain conclusion. I am going to wait for the end of November before getting rid of my current case. If the supposed new case comes out and i don't like it, then maybe it warrants a drop in price with the r5 at most retailers. at least thats my two cents

Ehh... Define S is arguably the best quiet cooling case on the market already. Outside of including magnetic filters on the moduvents, there are very very few things other cases on the market even come close to the Define S on.

I would expect a Define R6 mid to late 2017 honestly. If they even continue that line (since the R4 and R5 are both still extremely popular and really don't have legitimate competition in their own sphere). 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

@Wedsea040 you know he'll say "i cannot confirm or deny any upcoming products" but he does say to reachout to their contacts links on their website or facebook/twitter.

• 4 weeks later...

I'l just add to this topic and say I'd like to see an R6 soon for my next build. Dust filter for the top is a must and I'm sure everyone would like to see a PSU shroud. I would personally like them to make the chassis a bit bigger to accomodate larger radiators. The R5 is a very solid case but I'm sure Fractural will catch on to the new trends such as PSU shrouds and maybe even tempered glass side panels. RGB lighting would be a stretch :P

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Mnpctech said:

The Define R6 was released today,

Yep just seen it, unfortunately they removed the side fan option though.