AMD Computex 2016 - Polaris and Zen Revealed

7 hours ago, FOSHIZZLE said:

DUAL RX 480 FOR (400$) SURPASSING SINGLE GTX 1080 (700$)
RIP NVIDIA

Only if crossfire  is properly optimised. 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

11 minutes ago, zMeul said:

there are a lot of terrain patches that aren't covered in snow and they still don't look as good as the GTX1080 run

I agree there is a difference, however since I do not own the game I can not say if this is a built in game mechanic (more snow applies a slight blur filter) or different settings. As a comparison (without showing the benchmark settings) it is useless.

While I am excited about the pricing on the card (as a 1080p gamer) I am also enthused to see such great performance per dollar. I will be waiting for independent testing prior to purchasing but it looks like my 650ti boost is getting replaced (the 650ti boost was a great performance per dollar at the time).

7 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

This was the Radeon RX 480. It seems to use the old referance design with the new Radeon logo. They confirmed it will cost $199 USD. They also say it is built like a $500 card. There is over 5 Teraflops, 36 CUs, 256gb memory bandwidth, 4/8 GB GDDR5, 256 but rate, 150w, HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.4 1.7x performance/watt with 14nm, and 2.8 with AMD technologies.

Hey Nvidia, you might want to look over your shoulder...

If that's what AMD calls targeting the mainstream I'm interested to see what their high end cards do. I'm locked into Nvidia now because I have a G-sync monitor, but the more AMD can push the green team the happier I'll be as an Nvidia user.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

7 hours ago, givingtnt said:

WAIT THE 480 is 200$ ???

Same as the 280 and a little below the 380...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

5 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

Hey Nvidia, you might want to look over your shoulder...

If that's what AMD calls targeting the mainstream I'm interested to see what their high end cards do. I'm locked into Nvidia now because I have a G-sync monitor, but the more AMD can push the green team the happier I'll be as an Nvidia user.

I completely agree with you about the part that if AMD do better us as Nvidia user will be happier, but .... judging from everything we know so far, it seem very likely that the 480 performance is around the point of 970-R9 390 for $200+ and if the 1060 continue the trend of the 1070 and 1080, it will also have the performance between a 970 and a 980 for like 220-250$, so I dont think Nvidia will do anything different any time soon

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

3 minutes ago, Megazero said:

I completely agree with you about the part that if AMD do better us as Nvidia user will be happier, but .... judging from everything we know so far, it seem very likely that the 480 performance is around the point of 970-R9 390 for $200+ and if the 1060 continue the trend of the 1070 and 1080, it will also have the performance between a 970 and a 980 for like 220-250$, so I dont think Nvidia will do anything different any time soon

I'm not saying that the 480 is competing with Nvidia's current 1000 series offerings, but going by what we know of the 480 the high end AMD cards coming next year (or October if you believe the rumours) might actually have a chance of pushing Nvidia a bit and that's a good thing for Nvidia's users. I just wish AMD was still able to push Intel.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

21 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

The benchmarks are on Aots' site. They use the same settings

because you can't run the game in off-line ?!?!

---

this is supposedly AMD's run

check the Terrain Shading Samples (basically Tessellation) for each run:

• RX480 - 8mil
  • GTX1080 - 16mil

AMD still has problems with tessellation in their own fucking game -_-

21 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

The benchmarks are on Aots' site. They use the same settings

I tried looking after the Cards' benches...and couldn't see them. There's no RX 480 there.

4 minutes ago, VanayadGaming said:

I tried looking after the Cards' benches...and couldn't see them. There's no RX 480 there.

look at my post just above, I liked them

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

So that´s what happened. Windows tried updating to Windows 10 during the benchmark.

huh!?

9 hours ago, hex4 said:

2 RX 480's in crossfire for 500 bucks deliver higher FPS than GTX 1080 and only 50% GPU used, he mentioned that drivers will be worked for dual 480 solutions, this is big news considering how usually drivers are their after thought.

*Ashes of Singularity with at least textures turned down*   

The Doom game performance was interesting, if that was at 1440p ultra (I don't recall that they showed what resolution). Which I mean if that was 1440p ultra then nevermind. Though I think it might've been using vulkan which isn't much of a thing yet.

But yeah for about 89% of PC builders the RX 480 is likely going to be a great card. Because R9 390 or R9 390X performance in a $200 package. I was hoping for something a little more expensive that comes in about a $300 package that yields even better performance. Like 980ti or GTX 1070 performance. But yeah it's possible 2 RX 480s in CF will deliver higher FPS in games that support CF than a single GTX 1080. For like $100 to $200 less than the GTX 1080.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

5 hours ago, Energycore said:

I hope so because even if it was 66% GP104 it would be pretty beast. 66% GP104 should be about 980 / Fury performance.

So like how the 480 is believed to be? (If we take earlier 3dmark tests to be true, since this benchmark is dubious at best)

So is that their comfortable base clock? Or OCed?

who knows, wait for the actual reviews ~1 month from now - I guess

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

who knows, wait for the actual reviews ~1 month from now - I guess

Seems like that´s always the best option. For all we know, card could have amazing OC potential, and they just set it that low so the ref. cooler wouldn´t bite them in the arse.

I haven't seen the stream . Can somebody tell me what's the deal with the rx 480 running at 50% ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

37 minutes ago, zMeul said:

because you can't run the game in off-line ?!?!

---

this is supposedly AMD's run

check the Terrain Shading Samples (basically Tessellation) for each run:

• RX480 - 8mil
  • GTX1080 - 16mil

AMD still has problems with tessellation in their own fucking game -_-

Guess there was something to the benchmarks not looking equally detailed

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

3 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

I haven't seen the stream . Can somebody tell me what's the deal with the rx 480 running at 50% ?

No clue. Speculating new architecture, manufacturing process, and drivers not being quite enough fine tuned enough.

No clue. Speculating new architecture, manufacturing process, and drivers not being quite enough fine tuned enough.

so basically a crossfire setup was only at 50% while running a game ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

4 minutes ago, Spectrez said:

Guess there was something to the benchmarks not looking equally detailed

and who knows what else fuckery AMD did in the .ini file

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

so basically a crossfire setup was only at 50% while running a game ?

I believe so.

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

and who knows what else fuckery AMD did in the .ini file

I dunno, same amount as Nvidia did to get their 2.1 ghz OC on their ref. cooler? I just expect something like this from everyone at this point.