AMD Computex 2016 - Polaris and Zen Revealed

9 hours ago, givingtnt said:

WAIT THE 480 is 200$ ???

Before AIBs yes.

9 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

OMG A high end card I can actually afford living in Canada!!!!! YES!!!!!!!

High end performance at a price I can actually afford :D.

9 hours ago, Drunk_Klaus said:

they showed 2 games side by side 1080 vs crossfire 480, I could clearly tell the 1080 was higher graphics settings and they advertised it as higher fps for their cards

Well what did you want them to do? Do an Apple's to Apple's comparison? They would have lost.

9 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Did he just say "the goal of bringing console-class gaming to PC"?

These guys who are "vice president" or whatever, talk out of their Ass since most don't have a clue about PCs and technology.

This guy doesn't know much about PCs or Consoles.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

These guys who are "vice president" or whatever, talk out of their Ass since most don't have a clue about PCs and technology.

This guy doesn't know much about PCs or Consoles.

He was talking about bringing the game library and support, not the performance.

17 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

so basically a crossfire setup was only at 50% while running a game ?

Not quite.  The pitch that AMD made was more like 2 RX480s in CF outperformed the 1080 in FPS.

GPU utilization of the 1080 was 98%, while the CF RX480s were just north of 51%.

The 1080 is $700, while 2 480 is < $500

The side to side videos they were showing of both RX 480 in CF and the 1080 playing ashes does not appear to be the same, fairly obviously at that.  Whether it was because of dishonest settings or each parties GFX/software technologies is something that will be answered when 3rd parties do their reviews.

Holy fuck guys, calm down and wait for the benchmarks before you end up over hyping this card and it turns out to not be that impressive.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

1 minute ago, MoonSpot said:

Not quite.  The pitch that AMD made was more like 2 RX480s in CF were outperformed the 1080 in FPS.

GPU utilization of the 1080 was 98%, while the CF RX480s were just north of 50%.

The 1080 is $700, while 2 480 is < $500

The side to side videos they were showing of both RX 480 in CF and the 1080 playing ashes does not appear to be the same, fairly obviously at that.  Whether it was because of dishonest settings or each parties GFX/software technologies is something that will be answered when 3rd parties do their reviews.

so basically terrible scaling + strange shenanigans when it comes to settings ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Yes, but not 100% if shenanigans were planned or not.

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

because you can't run the game in off-line ?!?!

---

this is supposedly AMD's run

check the Terrain Shading Samples (basically Tessellation) for each run:

• RX480 - 8mil
  • GTX1080 - 16mil

AMD still has problems with tessellation in their own fucking game -_-

?? You must've been looking at two different benches because on the RadeonDemo profile, there's a bench of the 480s and the 1080 on crazy 1440p with the exact same (16 million) Terrain Shading Samples. Seems like you weren't looking hard enough. It's in the other thread (which you're commenting in) so I assumed you'd have seen it. 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

31 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Basically VR able GPU for normal people in the mid range market for $200.  End user saves $500 and makes a mortgage payment instead.  If all claims made be true then all that's needed is a VR headset (aka fancy pants console) to also be priced reasonably and then VR will have a shot at making it.

Very interesting card. If you put a watercooling block on it, it will be FuryX sized single slot. Hope Vega will be a small card too, with water cooling or something.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

7 hours ago, zMeul said:

if nVidia releases the GTX1060, with a reasonable price point, it will fuck with AMD's RX480 really bad

especially considering the $199 price point is for the 4GB 480. If AMD/AIB's charge $250 for the 8GB version, Nvidia should have no problem squeezing a 1060 in there.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

10 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

especially considering the $199 price point is for the 4GB 480. If AMD/AIB's charge $250 for the 8GB version, Nvidia should have no problem squeezing a 1060 in there.

well there are several leaks indicating the 1060 will have ~1280 stream processors, and either 4 or 8gb of ram on a 256 bit bus, assuming it runs at 1070 clock speeds that would put it at around 4 Tflops, inno3d also hinted that its between 970 and 980 performance, of course this is all speculation at this point, but it will be very interesting to see nVidia's response to the RX 480.

1 hour ago, Kobz360 said:

You must've been looking at two different benches

I might've missed it but I can't find the benches with those exact numbers AMD showered on stage

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

I might've missed it but I can't find the benches with those exact numbers AMD showered on stage

Yeah nobody's been able to find them. Both the 480 and the 1080s numbers were overstated in the stream, but it is likely they were done on a different account so who knows

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Just now, Kobz360 said:

Yeah nobody's been able to find them. Both the 480 and the 1080s numbers were overstated in the stream, but it is likely they were done on a different account so who knows

I have said in a previous post that you can run the game in off-line

and I'm betting AMD did it that way because they messed with the settings, or .. they pulled the results out of their collective asses

4 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

Same as the 280 and a little below the 380...

yeah, now that im reminded of that its not that bad.

but I mostly though about 200$ cad first, not 200$ usd...

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

and I'm betting AMD did it that way because they messed with the settings, or .. they pulled the results out of their collective asses

Pretty strong claims you got there man, let's just wait and see when the card launches. I doubt AMD screwed around with the settings because if they're later proven to be way off, it'll be a massive PR disaster. But once again, we'll see soon. 

I've been looking at making the family system in the living room VR capable for a while now but it's hard to justify spending over $1000 to make it VR ready. Now I it will make it easier to upgrade the system for VR. Even if I don't choose the 480 (most likely will) a lot of other cards should come down in price. My family system is using NVidia right now which I'm kind of hesitant to get rid of because of shadow play but I was the only one using it anyway and my personal rig has a 760.

I'm going to wait until we hear more from reviewers before I make a decision though. I'm not going to run out launch day and buy it.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

21 minutes ago, Kobz360 said:

Pretty strong claims you got there man, let's just wait and see when the card launches. I doubt AMD screwed around with the settings because if they're later proven to be way off, it'll be a massive PR disaster. But once again, we'll see soon. 

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

Would it not be found under  67DF:C7 ?

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

3 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Would it not be found under  67DF:C7 ?

It already has been found (refer to earlier post). The results, while not the same as what was shown I'm the live stream, show a similar performance link between the 2 480s and the 1080. 

So 5Tflops at $200. That makes a new xbone with 6Tflops at $400 more realistic 

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

9 minutes ago, SuperCookie78 said:

So 5Tflops at $200. That makes a new xbone with 6Tflops at $400 more realistic 

Expect this chip in here, at a reduced cost (these $200 is for the whole PCB, not just the GPU which Microsoft doesn't need). On an APU, of course.

Ye ole' train

10 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Expect this chip in here, at a reduced cost (these $200 is for the whole PCB, not just the GPU which Microsoft doesn't need). On an APU, of course.

Then maybe $499 but its realistic. 

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

1 hour ago, SuperCookie78 said:

Then maybe $499 but its realistic. 

That would be pretty sweet

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

4 hours ago, givingtnt said:

yeah, now that im reminded of that its not that bad.

but I mostly though about 200$ cad first, not 200$ usd...

If that was true I would die 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

is this going to be another 8 core is really 4 scam if it isnt im interested :D