1st GTX1070 review - french source

zMeul

source: http://www.clubic.com/carte-graphique/carte-graphique-nvidia/article-807190-1-test-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-pascal-gamers.html

08454764-photo-pcb-geforce-gtx-1070.jpg

skipping the blah blah blah tech specs for the card and get right to the bench results

FireStrike Ultra:

Spoiler

08454586-photo-geforce-gtx-1070-3dmark.j

Ashes of the Singularity - DirectX 12 - Crazy - 4x

Spoiler

08454588-photo-geforce-gtx-1070-ashes-of

Batman Arkham Knight - Gameworks Off

Spoiler

08454590-photo-geforce-gtx-1070-batman-a

Battlefield 4 - Ultra - 4x

Spoiler

08454592-photo-geforce-gtx-1070-battlefi

Bioshock Infinite - Ultra DDOF

Spoiler

08454594-photo-geforce-gtx-1070-bioshock

Dirt Rally - Ultra - 4x

Spoiler

08454596-photo-geforce-gtx-1070-dirt-ral

Tom Clancy's The Division - Ultra

Spoiler

08454598-photo-geforce-gtx-1070-the-divi

^ note for The Division: what they said about 1440p results and what the graphs show, it doesn't match - they fucked up

9% faster than the GeForce GTX Titan X

Hitman - DirectX 12 - Ultra - FXAA - SSAO - Aniso 16x

Spoiler

08454600-photo-geforce-gtx-1070-hitman.j

Unigine Heaven 4.0 - Ultra/Norm/4x

Spoiler

08454604-photo-geforce-gtx-1070-unigine.

skipped adding the Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 results since I heard people took issues with it - something something the devs didn't do ...

power draw, at the wall:

Spoiler

0226000008454628-photo-geforce-gtx-1070-

highly impressive power draw (load), bit less than a GTX960

---

conclusion? this is the card you want to buy .. well, you might wanna wait for a AIB board

I might've missed it. but Clubic hasn't said a single peep about thermals

overall, the GTX1070 trades blows with the Titan X, a 1200 Euros card - I call it impressive

the Founders Edition price for Eurozone is 500 Euros - AIB cards should start at 420 Euros

comparatively, the launch price for the GTX970 was 330 Euros - the gap is quite significant 

----

hahahaha, Clubic pulled the page since they realized they've broken the NDA - was supposed to be lifted tomorrow?!

article is now back up, NDA lifted

Edited by zMeul

Synopsis: a hair faster than Titan X.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

"A card you want to buy"

Fails to mention that competition could very soon near, despite all the bullshit rumors that all appear right before AMD releases a product.

( not trying to call you out, though I kind of sound like an ass by the way I said it )

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

They actually fucked up in the graph for The Division. If you read the article they say 1070 beats Titan X by 9% at 1440p in that game. Well, if Google translate didn't screw it up. lol

20 minutes ago, MegaDave91 said:

Synopsis: a hair faster than Titan X.

But that's not a bad thing, because it's quite a fair bit cheaper than the Titan X. I'm still hoping for Polaris to had mid range cards in the R9 Fury/Fury X performance bracket. (Like the 480X or 490 being on par or slightly surpassing the R9 Fury/R9 Fury X) though with recent rumor reports and speculation is that Polaris might not even have a card above $300. Which might mean that the mid/high end of Polaris won't be much better than the min VR spec cards.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

But that's not a bad thing, because it's quite a fair bit cheaper than the Titan X. 

Absolutely

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

But that's not a bad thing, because it's quite a fair bit cheaper than the Titan X. I'm still hoping for Polaris to had mid range cards in the R9 Fury/Fury X performance bracket. (Like the 480X or 490 being on par or slightly surpassing the R9 Fury/R9 Fury X) though with recent rumor reports and speculation is that Polaris might not even have a card above $300. Which might mean that the mid/high end of Polaris won't be much better than the min VR spec cards.

The review embargo being a month long on Polaris is a huge red flag, if it could compete with 1070 (and Fury non-X performance at $300 would be pretty strong competition) you would think AMD would want to get these results out just before the 1070 launched, maybe June 8th or something. I can't say I'm very excited for Polaris any more after that news.

8 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The review embargo being a month long on Polaris is a huge red flag, if it could compete with 1070 (and Fury non-X performance at $300 would be pretty strong competition) you would think AMD would want to get these results out just before the 1070 launched, maybe June 8th or something. I can't say I'm very excited for Polaris any more after that news.

There's the chance that the NDA on the Macau event isn't for Polaris, and it could be for other things. It's also possible that AMD's Computex event will have a paper launch for Polaris. Though it is possible that AMD did have a paper launch at the Macau event but has the month long NDA on it for whatever reason.

But yeah I agree, if the Macau event was the paper launch for Polaris. Then yeah that month long NDA is really interesting.

After the news of the Macau event being under NDA for a month, sort of made me lose even more hope for AMD... I really hope by late summer early fall AMD has something good... I'm sort of reluctant to buy an Nvidia card. I'm also not a huge fan of the the way the AIB cards for the GTX 1080 look. I mean ACX 3.0 isn't as bad as I was initially inclined to feel towards it but, it's not like ACX 2.0. Which was something I liked, and if I went with an Nvidia card would want to go with the ACX 2.0... 

I liked the Asus card and the Zotac one wasn't bad either but it has yellow stripes on the backplate...

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

There's the chance that the NDA on the Macau event isn't for Polaris, and it could be for other things

That would be shocking to me since the Macau event was Polaris Tech Day. I'm worried Polaris may be a dud, which really sucks because it was Vega, not GP104 that excited me.

AMD-Polaris-Tech-Day-3.jpg

I noticed that the fury X beating the 980Ti on alot of those graphs at 4k. and those DX12 ones look not so good for Nvidia

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

4 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

That would be shocking to me since the Macau event was Polaris Tech Day. I'm worried Polaris may be a dud, which really sucks because it was Vega, not GP104 that excited me.

imgsnip.jpg

It could've been an in depth paper launch of Polaris, and Computex will have a basic paper launch of Polaris?

I wasn't sure where the Polaris Tech Day thing came from, but yeah it's probable they talked about Polaris at Macau. 

This might be theme song for AMD if they screw up with Polaris...

The good men are the customers, and the hero is the money?

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

I noticed that the fury X beating the 980Ti on alot of those graphs at 4k. and those DX12 ones look not so good for Nvidia

they didn't even get above 60FPS .. what's the bloody point of UHD gaming at 30FPS?!

yes you can play with the settings, but you could possibly play maxed at 1440p

UDH gaming still not a thing on a single GPU video card - maybe from 1080Ti up

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

they didn't even get above 60FPS .. what's the bloody point of UHD gaming at 30FPS?!

yes you can play with the settings, but you could also play maxxed at 1440p

its interesting because AMD seem to age better. but I am more concerned with the 2 DX12 game benchmarks.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

It could've been an in depth paper launch of Polaris, and Computex will have a basic paper launch of Polaris?

I wasn't sure where the Polaris Tech Day thing came from, but yeah it's probable they talked about Polaris at Macau. 

This might be theme song for AMD if they screw up with Polaris...

Hide contents

The good men are the customers, and the hero is the money?

I guess we'll see Monday at 9PM CST when AMD talks about Polaris at Computex. I'll have a hard time trusting them after they said Fury X would be an overclockers dream last Computex though.

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I guess we'll see Monday at 9PM CST when AMD talks about Polaris at Computex. I'll have a hard time trusting them after they said Fury X would be an overclockers dream last Computex though.

everything AMD will say at Computex should be received with a healthy dose of skepticism until 3rd party benchmarks arrive - AMD has a knack for bending the truth

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

True... But I thought AMD was speaking on May 31st or June 1st? 

Regardless, if Polaris sucks and Vega isn't expected for many months after I build my PC in late summer or early fall. I think my only option will be a GTX 1070...

Ugh. I really hope it costs about the same as a 970. I would really like to upgrade to something beefier without killing the bank.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

52 minutes ago, awesomeness10120 said:

Hey, maybe they should overclock the Titan X next time, yeah? Then we'll see who wins.

Overclocking 1 card and not the others for a benchmark is god awfully retarded. Unless you intend to do two slides for each cards. Even the same model, not all cards overclock as much.

28 minutes ago, zMeul said:

yes you can play with the settings, but you could possibly play maxed at 1440p

UDH gaming still not a thing on a single GPU video card - maybe from 1080Ti up

The 1080 overclocked does it comfortably assuming you're willing to use a higher speed profile (you should) as it is apparently much quieter at the same percentage %as previous generations.

2 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Ugh. I really hope it costs about the same as a 970. I would really like to upgrade to something beefier without killing the bank.

It's $380 MSRP. I imagine for example the EVGA ACX will be $400 since their ACX 1080 is $20 over MSRP at $620. And the same with the Asus Strix, which is $620 for their 1080.

5 minutes ago, Albatross said:

we should see some models of the card under $400US but at launch: $449 FE only (don't buy it).

21 minutes ago, wcreek said:

True... But I thought AMD was speaking on May 31st or June 1st? 

Regardless, if Polaris sucks and Vega isn't expected for many months after I build my PC in late summer or early fall. I think my only option will be a GTX 1070...

You're right, it's Tuesday at 9PM. I was thinking May only had 30 days.

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You're right, it's Tuesday at 9PM. I was thinking May only had 30 days.

I know, because I was disappointed that I won't be able to watch the live stream because it's way too early in the day for a weekday for me to catch. Because I only have the standard memorial day off from school.