USB Ports not working in safe mode windows 10

_jimmyrustler_

I'm trying to boot into safe mode in windows 10 and none of my usb devices that are plugged into my mobo are working. The only usb ports that work are my front panel ones on my case. Both the usb 2 and 3 ports aren't working on my mobo.

thats because safe mode doesnt run the USB drivers that are required for USB ports to work

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

thats because safe mode doesnt run the USB drivers that are required for USB ports to work

They would always work in older versions of windows I had. Is there any way to enable them?

3 minutes ago, _jimmyrustler_ said:

They would always work in older versions of windows I had. Is there any way to enable them?

start up the USB drivers

im not sure where they will be located, but probably in some folder called the name of your motherboard manufacturer like "asus" or whatever

some motherboard USB ports can work without drivers, or other versions of windows may have started up the USB drivers even in safe mode and now your windows isnt

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020