Hyperx cloud 2

lior1111

So i just got it,  im amazed from the surround sound and from the stereo,  theres just one thing,  i played with open headphones till now,  the kraken,  and i just feel like the sound is so damn weird cause of the noise canceling, the sound type is so different from the kraken and its very good but im afraid that i might not get used to thr feeling of the noise cancelation, so.. Do you get used to it? Or should i get open headphones? Get back to the kraken or something.. 

It just makes me a fuzzy feeling and everything is so different from all my previous headphones that were open,  just thought to give the cloud 2 a shot cause of the great reviews online

3 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

So i just got it,  im amazed from the surround sound and from the stereo,  theres just one thing,  i played with open headphones till now,  the kraken,  and i just feel like the sound is so damn weird cause of the noise canceling, the sound type is so different from the kraken and its very good but im afraid that i might not get used to thr feeling of the noise cancelation, so.. Do you get used to it? Or should i get open headphones? Get back to the kraken or something.. 

It just makes me a fuzzy feeling and everything is so different from all my previous headphones that were open,  just thought to give the cloud 2 a shot cause of the great reviews online

Well don't go back to the kraken... And the cloud first gen is a halfway decent entry level closed-back audiophile set of cans, just with a shitty mic attached.

Second gen is a bit less well respected around here.

99% of the difference is just closed back vs open. If you want a decent starting open back headset (which is way better imho), you can try out the HD558 and a vmoda boompro mic for around 100 dollars.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

let me just correct you, the kraken is a closed headset.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

I was going to say...

9 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

my bad, I see this:

166b_razer_kraken_7-1_gaming_headset_fol

And I definitely didn't assume the mesh was only there for decoration...

Oh, I own a pair of first gen clouds, and the sound stage is really tight (some of the tightest I've personally used), with very poor area-based isolation (although that can be nice for when I just want to feel hugged by the music.)

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

3 minutes ago, SSL said:

I was going to say...

to slow :P

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

my bad, I see this:

166b_razer_kraken_7-1_gaming_headset_fol

And definitely don't assume the mesh was only there for decoration...

the same goes for the steelseries headsets.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

to slow :P

the same goes for the steelseries headsets.

Sorry, I wrote that wrong, see edit...

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

I've never heard the Cloud/Takstar/Gemini described this way. But if it bothers you that much, you should probably get a real headphone instead of going back to a shit-tastic headset.

7 minutes ago, SSL said:

I've never heard the Cloud/Takstar/Gemini described this way. But if it bothers you that much, you should probably get a real headphone instead of going back to a shit-tastic headset.

what something like the game zero? 

and btw yeah the kraken are open i had them for like a year and a half , just got an opportunity to upgrade  

2 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

what something like the game zero? 

and btw yeah the kraken are open i had them for like a year and a half , just got an opportunity to upgrade  

Are you sure about that? Every teardown picture I've found shows a solid cup.

Just now, SSL said:

Are you sure about that? Every teardown picture I've found shows a solid cup.

im sure because the hyperx cloud 2 are surely closed , and with the kraken i could hear MUCH MUCH more of the outside environment , (plus i can pretty much see the holes just like my brothers open headphone), which is kind of a bad thing for me but i didnt think closed will feel like that , ill try to get used to it though because when i shoot a weapon with it i just feel very satisfied cause its all like sharp without bullshit , it just feels very weird sometimes cause i cant even hear myself or even my keyboard and stuff

1 minute ago, lior1111 said:

im sure because the hyperx cloud 2 are surely closed , and with the kraken i could hear MUCH MUCH more of the outside environment , (plus i can pretty much see the holes just like my brothers open headphone), which is kind of a bad thing for me but i didnt think closed will feel like that , ill try to get used to it though because when i shoot a weapon with it i just feel very satisfied cause its all like sharp without bullshit , it just feels very weird sometimes cause i cant even hear myself or even my keyboard and stuff

Yes, that is generally the purpose of a closed back. That isn't "noise cancellation", though. It's noise isolation.

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

Yes, that is generally the purpose of a closed back. That isn't "noise cancellation", though. It's noise isolation.

lol then im pretty afraid from noise cancellation cause i wont even be able to hear a nuclear alarm.. thanks anyway , but just generally.. do you think i made the right move going to the hyperx cloud 2 from the kraken? :P theyre just so fuckin comfy over the kraken that i had to get them =/ just this feeling of the noise isolation bugs me alittle bit

2 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

lol then im pretty afraid from noise cancellation cause i wont even be able to hear a nuclear alarm.. thanks anyway , but just generally.. do you think i made the right move going to the hyperx cloud 2 from the kraken? :P theyre just so fuckin comfy over the kraken that i had to get them =/ just this feeling of the noise isolation bugs me alittle bit

Sure, but if you don't like and don't need the isolation it isn't really a good fit.

Just now, SSL said:

Sure, but if you don't like and don't need the isolation it isn't really a good fit.

i do because im pretty much into esports , wanna do my best and i have a super loud family so .. yeah the kraken was a bit of an issue , i think that with those i can really focus.

On 5/5/2016 at 6:19 AM, lior1111 said:

change into the Velour pads. It will sound much better. (though less "noise-cancellation")

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |