Samsung Galaxy S7 Review

This is officially the first Samsung phone to impress me since the S3.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Nice review but im happy with my moto force x .

Still waiting for that review of the AIAIAI TMA-2 , Not to rub it in ofc.

Just any day now linus, ANY day.......

(⌐■_■) 

sorry , Wrong thread i posted that.

(⌐■_■) 

Seems like a nice phone, but no more Samsung for me until they fix their firmware update policy.

Also, you didn't mention how scratch proof the phone is, since you mentioned in other videos that gorilla glass quality varies a lot. Or did you use some kind of screen protector? 

I noticed that Linus seems to be getting poor WiFi performance, I can pull 450 Mbit/s on the S6 Edge in our house. Is this something new to the S7? Or is it just a poor WiFi network? 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

I feel like a lot of stuff he pointed out was on the s6 and am confused as to why he treated these things as something new such as clicky volume buttons spaced apart, quick camera launch and a pro mode when taking pictures.

12 hours ago, kurahk7 said:

Linus, you never told us if you had the Snapdragon or Exynos variant.

Being in Canada, I imagine it's the Exynos variant.

The Galaxy S7 (especially the Edge) is the first Samsung phone since the S3 that I legitimately want to buy.

It's been a while, but they've really nailed it with the S7 IMHO. 

There's only one thing. Whenever there's an S-phone, there's bound to be a Note later in the year, and given my love for the S Pen, I'm getting the Note 6 if it's shaping up to be similar to the S7 in terms of its battery and features like expandable storage.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I can't decide between the S7 and G5.  The S7 is much more sleek, but I want USB-C  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

5 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Nexus 6p not a consideration?

It's up for consideration, I'm not buying until August so I'm just keeping tabs right now.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I have one & loving it!

BTW, love the wireless charging feature just put it on the dock for 2 hours & you're good to go & the a full charge last me 2 days!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2016 at 7:31 PM, The Gaige said:

I have one & loving it!

BTW, love the wireless charging feature just put it on the dock for 2 hours & you're good to go & the a full charge last me 2 days!

Are you using slow or fast wireless charging? And what's your screen on time and brightness at?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!