Fury X giveaway

GreezyJeezy

I have a 2500k and a HD 7850 with a case fan zip tied to it.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

oh well looks like my chances are pretty slim. Goodluck to everyone though. :)

1 hour ago, ZillaGames said:

If it's at least the equivalent of a Bulldozer based CPU with 4 cores, then it's fine. Not optimal, but fine.

Well it's a pre Bulldozer dual core :P (AMD Athlon X2 255, a dual core on the AM3 socket)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Current Rig:

X5675 X2 @4.2ghz (12 cores / 24 threads)

EVGA SR-2 (200 BCLK stable)

Noctua Server Coolers X2

48gb Samsung ECC Reg. Memory

HighspeedPC tech station

EVGA 1300w G2

Samsung 850 pro

GTX 580 and a GTX 260 (physx) (barely manages 1080p medium-high now)

CPUs have aged well (still beating intel's top end extreme editions like the 5960x by a large margin) but with Nvidia abandoning Fermi I can't really run new games very well. I'm sure a Fury X would help with that, plus the superior OpenCL performance would be helpful in an upcoming project.  Needless to say the rig could use a revive; I've been meaning to get a better GPU but sophomore work is keeping me from my normal IT work.

Picture of my current system:

0q393hnr.jpg

Thanks OP for being so generous!

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

Current cpu: I7 2600k @4.6ghz

current GPU: HD 7750

Got this rig a while ago as I was starting college, 2600k is still kicking amazingly in my dorm room, while 7750 is struggling, I've put aside upgrading the gpu as I was saving up for a monitor which was more useful (and still is) for different projects I do time to time (mostly CAD design for classes). Tried to play some wow lately which was one thing I actually played and even that was hurting a lot (monitor is 3440x1440 resolution). Currently on school break so I was planing to try out some gaming so this would help a lot.

Regards,

Ivo, 

this is not filled with countless 1 post wonders :P

I have got an i5 4690k at 4.4ghz, and a 7970

It isn't the worst gpu in the world, but it is getting outdated, and struggles to push 1440p with some games

I have a Intel i5-4460, 8 GB of Dual Channel ram, 128GB Storage and a EVGA GT 610 graphics card... yeah it's bad on overclocking and can't open some games. I cri everytime.

"Simple Yet Complex" 

(DON'T ENTER ME.. While I'd appreciate the card and would defs put it in a LAN rig it would be the sketchiest most bullshit thing ever if I won)

I appreciate how you're handling this, I like that you found a way to not harvest addresses, it seems legit, thank you for doing something super cool for the community - I hope you have a galactically wonderful day

My rig is: 

Motherboard: gigabyte ga-z170x-gaming 3

Cpu: core i5 6600k 

Ram: 16 gb Kingston hyperx ddr4 running at 2133 

Psu: corsair rm750i 

Reason: I built my pc mainly for processing big data because I'm studding data science. As you can see, my psu is overkill for what I have but I'm looking forward to buy a gpu so I can also use my pc for gaming. This is my first build and the gpu is the last part I'm missing. 

Also I use my pc for BOINC (I contribute to the LTT team) and a gpu would be much better than the cpu for that job. 

Man, I wish I had a rig that I could actually upgrade. Mine has a proprietary mini itx motherboard that doesn't even have a PCI-E slot? Very generous and you're a good person. Good luck in finding someone who deserves this friend

To be honest, I'm not sure if I qualify; but whatever, it's worth a shot. I have a GTX 670 which isn't even close to VR ready and is starting to show its age. My other specs are a 2500k at 4.6GHz and 8GB of RAM. 

Hey!  I'll enter.

As of right now I have a laptop actually.  (It has a sucky 840m (look it up if you don't know what it is) and a 4700HQ CPU)

Im saving up for a new rig and I'm not that far in.  It would actually really help if I could win this but you never know I guess.  Good luck everyone!

oh and also...   Thanks Jeezy, for doing this.  

10 minutes ago, Slick said:

(DON'T ENTER ME.. While I'd appreciate the card and would defs put it in a LAN rig it would be the sketchiest most bullshit thing ever if I won)

I appreciate how you're handling this, I like that you found a way to not harvest addresses, it seems legit, thank you for doing something super cool for the community - I hope you have a galactically wonderful day

I just thought of what I'd want in a giveaway, I wouldn't want to give my address out to a stranger who knows what they will send or do. And anything to give back for how helpful people have been with my repatative questions about HTMLand CSS. It's a really good community you have. So I'm more then happy to do this!

Not sure if I am allowed to participate, but here it goes:

My Rig is pretty good, I don't need it (I7-6700k, 980ti, everything custom watercooled etc etc etc), but my sisters PC is in dire need of an GPU upgrade.

Her Rigs specs:

I7-3770k

16GB 1600MHz Ram (Kingston HyperX Genesis and some other brand with the same timings)

GTX 660 DCUII

Asrock Z77 Pro4 Mainboard

Be Quiet! 500W PSU

128GB SSD

500GB WD HDD

Most of the Parts are from my old Rig, but as you can see/read, the GPU is, compared to the CPU, insanely underwhelming =/

Please let me know if I am allowed to participate, would be totally awesome if I could! 

Anyway, thanks for doing this, that's really generous of you!

What a nice guy.

It took me four months to build my new PC

i7 6700k

500GB m.2 SSD Smamsung 850 Evo

Asus z170 Deluxe

Superflower PSU

I didn't buy a GPU since I wanted to have a functional PC and I would buy one when I got more money.

I thought Iris 500 was bareable but I was so wrong. Even youtube videos flicker lol.

Good luck everyone!

Currently I have an Intel I7-6700K and 8 gigs of RAM without any GPU. I am slowly upgrading my rig. So the plan right now to get a good GPU, which I never had and before I could barely run games at 30 FPS, so I would really like to win.

Running a

Phenom ii x4 20

Gigabyte 7870

and am trying to upgrade to a decent content creating machine so that i can stream and video edit and what not.

Planning on upgrading the cpu soon  so getting a gpu will help a bunch.

Being a graphic designer i have quite a bit of trouble working on a low end machine.

thanks for the sick giveaway

cheers.

I want to gift the fury x to a friend. He has an old prebuild PC with a sandy bridge i5 (dont know the whole name but it can handle a fury x) and a gtx 650. He plays dark souls 3 at 800x600 on low settings. He is a dark souls fanboy and somehow manages to have fun at these settings... I couldnt play that for a minute and it would be nice to gift him something a little bit better =P

I have a 2GB GTX 760 paired with a nice 650W PSU, a nice Asus board and a 4.5GHz 4690K. It's an okay GPU, but an upgrade would be nice. Being VR-ready would be nice too.

I'm trying to build a system for VR and streaming to Twitch and I have had to save up for each part on its own! I got the i7 5820k about a month ago, I'm about to order the mobo in a few weeks (if nothing bad happens that forces me to spend the money on something else), so wining a Fury X would be amazinglyhelpful!!

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Well I recently sold my 970 after having a year of issues with it, right now I'm running my 680 which I pulled from my other rig. I'd like to eventually upgrade to 1440p and of course a 4gb 680 won't be able to do that for long. :P

*specs are in signature, first computer. Haven't updated the gpu in it*

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

10 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Here's my system pic. Notice the 1250 watt PSu, which is woefully under-challenged by my overall system? It yearns for the glory of being able to put its power deliverance capability to greater use.

system.jpg

Can I send you some zip ties? :D

Hey,
I have now an I5-6500 with Igpu and my rig is new and I have no money for good gpu like that, and I want to play with new games and oculus rift. :D That is why I want this card. I hope you will choose me, and gl&hf everyone!