Fury X giveaway

GreezyJeezy

I have a brother who has a GT730 so if you give me the Fury X he can have my 970. Make me have a better balanced rig please. My 5930K is sitting there doing pretty much nothing 90% of the time because my 970 just isn't very powerful. I wanna play GTA V on ultra 60FPS a lot. And I know you can find it in your heart to I want me to also. I am not a cliche, so I won't be like "ERMAGERD TANKS FAW DA GIVEAWAY YO", but I hope you understand that if I win, I might just be like, "cool cool". I don't wanna be ungrateful - don't get me wrong, but I have already accepted that I likely won't win. So maybe you should feel grateful. That I will sit and believe I am wasting my time writing this just make you feel somewhat amused for maybe 2 minutes. So when you finish reading all these entries, you'll be like "Hey, remember that kid with the 5930K and 970? He made me feel somewhat amused for maybe 2 minutes. Maybe I should give him my Fury X so his brother can have a GTX 970 because all his brother wants in the world is to play a game of ARK". Please think that. I'm gonna be completely honest, I'm the least serious person I know. I write this in some desperate attempt to sound kinda witty or something. And maybe make you think I deserve an expensive graphics card. Maybe you call spending 5 hours on GTA in one day "lazy" and "unproductive", but I call it PCMASTERRACE. Yes, I may cheat on online. A lot. 4 times. And, I am terrible at it anyway. But why not let me be terrible at playing a game I cheat at with 60FPS? If you read this far, let me congratulate you. You did well. So for the love of God, please give me a Fury X.

-ChickenNugget 2K16 (GONE WRONG) (GONE SEXUAL) (IN THE HOOD)

omg plz i have a processor which is gonna be upgraded werywery soon and i have a graphics card which is like 15 dollars so its really shitty. the processor i think is an i3 right now.

9 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

i have 2 low end machines one is an a8-6500 with a gtx750ti, and a i5-2500 with a gts 450 eventually i want to piece together a emulation/vr gaming rig, doubt i'll ever get there but never hurts to dream(and beg , lol) ,my current system is not any better but its a piece meal used parts system so for the price im satisfied with it. but whoever wins this will be pretty stoked.

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

So a good CPU and bad GPU?

Currently I have i7 4790k and gtx 460. I upgraded my CPU and mobo from athlon x4 860 last year because I do a lot of rendering and now I don't have any money to buy a new GPU. So yeah...

I want this GPU. Because it's cool. ( will add wishlist later)

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

6 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Then 4690k and a 7950 I guess. PSU is a mediocre Antec Earthwatts 500 watt psu, everything else is pretty average. Practically everything was bought used though on a $320 from 5 years in total worth of savings...

You actually have pretty good chances of winning. Hope you do ^_^

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

My "rig":

i3-3220

12GB DDR3 1600

GA-H77-DS3H (Gigabyte)

Gt220 Bios OC to 785/580MHz and custom DIY cooler

Well, thats one system, but i have another one that would probably benefit a bit more from that GPU:

Intel S5000VSA Server mainboard

Xeon E-5430 x2

12GB FBDIMM DDR2 333MHz

Geforce 7600GS   <--- Thats pretty old. It can barely handle Win7.

Doing a lot of rendering and audio work, would be nice to get at least the rendering going... ;)

cheers

HD7950 here.

The card isn't what you'd call bad in the performance department I guess, but it's just so gosh darn loud ( it's the XFX Core variant with a single vapour chamber instead of a lot of heatpipes, so the cooling isn't great and judging from the reported speed, it's underclocked compared to stock presumably for cooling reasons).

The CPU I currently have is an i3 2120 (Sandy Bridge 3.3 GHz, 2 cores, 4 threads), which I have cause I could get it dirt cheap at the moment, but I mean if a Fury X happened to fall in my lap, I'd certainly drop the $100 bucks to step up to an i5 2500.

Best part of my rig is my motherboard (MSI A88X-G45 Gaming) and even then it was chosen based on budget. My processor is an AMD A8-7650K (also based on budget). I did have a MSI R7 370 2GD5T OC as my video card, but it died last week. It powers on, but the DVI, Display, and HDMI ports do not work on it anymore. So now i'm having to game and do everything else with the integrated graphics and it hurts....it hurts a lot. Full specs are as follows

CPU: AMD A8-7650K

MoBo: MSI A88X-G45 Gaming

PSU: Corsair CX750

RAM: Adata 8GB DDR3

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB

GPU: MSI R7 370 2GD5T OC (R.I.P.)

Case: BitFenix Outlaw

Fans: (3)120mm Thermaltake (salvaged from previous computer and sound like a jet engine when PC is on)

Thanks for the giveaway and good luck everyone!

Pls me bruh. Fx-8320 pkus r7 265. Bad choices i know. I also am currently uaving gpu issues amd it sometimes spikes to 90 degrees no overclock at 955 mhz

12 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

So I recently purchased the parts for a dedicated video editing rig and I had some leftover money, so my option was to save it or buy another fury X to crossfire with the one I currently have. But then I thought crossfiring really isn't that needed or really even that useful so I decided to give it away, I have not bought it yet the way I'll do it is have you put it on your Amazon wishlist and when you win I'll PM you and then you give me your wishlist Link, so i don't need you don't need to give me address that seems sketchy.(at least I don't think I see your address if I buy you it off your wishlist idk I never did that before) and that way it's sent right to you so any defects are not my fault.

Didn't think to ask...is there a particular manufacturer you wish to go with? Or just whatever the user puts on their Amazon Wishlist as far as the GPU goes? Reason I ask is that if I were to win, I wouldn't want to put you out too much cash. Kind of believe in keeping it as cheap as possible seeing as that it's your money.

Could i join even though im from the Philippines?

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

Hey, cool give-away.

My rig is an overclocked i5 2500k, at 4.4 Ghz, and with 16 GB 1866 Mhz system RAM. My current graphics card is an R9 280x - not the worst, but still a chugger for a graphics-passionate person who always seeks to play games at their best visual quality. And while an R9 280x leaves a lot of untapped headroom in my system's potential, a Fury X would powerfully make use of a lot of what is currently not being tapped, which I will tap if I am able to. 

Upgrading through a purchase is currently, and for the clearly-visible future, beyond my budget possibility. 

Also, if I receive your Fury X, I will similarly pass on my R9 280x through these forums to another person, to a person of your own choosing, if you wish. Then, 2 people will have benefited from your initial offering, rather than only one.

Also, I think it's likely that if I receive your Fury X, it will free my mind from your avatar, which I find hypnotic, yet which drives me crazy that I don't know why she's smiling and doing what she's doing.

I'll upload a system pic in a minute.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Here's my system pic. Notice the 1250 watt PSu, which is woefully under-challenged by my overall system? It yearns for the glory of being able to put its power deliverance capability to greater use.

system.jpg

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

What a fantastic idea for a giveaway!

I'm currently recovering from my watercooling loop literally exploding...you can read some more here, if you fancy: 

I've just bought a Noctua CPU cooler to replace the now derelict watercooling loop.

My rig has served me very well for the last few years, but is getting long in the tooth...
Intel Core i7 860, overclocked to 3.2Ghz from 2.8, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Reference AMD (ATI branded) HD 5870 1GB

Edit: Do you know what, after reading through the rest of this thread and seeing what other people have got and reading your explanation for why you're doing this and what sort of person you'd like to give it to - I'm not sure it's me. I won this computer in a competition 5-6 years ago (I forget exactly when)  and at the time it was a dream rig, way more powerful than I could ever afford and probably worth more money than I'll ever spend on a PC in one hit.  I also know what it's like to 'win' technology beyond your financial reach, so I know that whoever wins this will be blown away.
I'd love to upgrade with the card you're offering, but the reality is that I work full time and could save up and buy one myself eventually one day, even if real life would make that a long road. I don't think I'm the person you're looking for, as much as I'd like to be! I admire what you're doing here, GreezyJeezy - you're a good man! I commend you for your generosity.

Besides, the 5870 isn't so bad ;) 

I have AMD Radeon 5450 HD graphics and 6 gigs of DDR2 RAM ugggggghhhhhhhhhhhh 

Aye, I won't say no to free stuff ;) 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

15 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

So I recently purchased the parts for a dedicated video editing rig and I had some leftover money, so my option was to save it or buy another fury X to crossfire with the one I currently have. But then I thought crossfiring really isn't that needed or really even that useful so I decided to give it away, I have not bought it yet the way I'll do it is have you put it on your Amazon wishlist and when you win I'll PM you and then you give me your wishlist Link, so i don't need you don't need to give me address that seems sketchy.(at least I don't think I see your address if I buy you it off your wishlist idk I never did that before) and that way it's sent right to you so any defects are not my fault. 

To enter you must have a rig that has a bad GPU or no GPU and a CPU that can handle the card. So just post your rig and why you want it and in 1 week I'll pick the winner and PM them.

goodluck everyone.

at 4PM on Thursday April, 21st the giveaway will be over and i'll get a mod to lock the thread. after that i will go over all the comments again and then pick the winner by the following monday, so the winner will get messaged anywhere from thursday the 21st to monday the 24th at the latest.

pc specs

cpu :intel i5 760

GPU: nvidia gt 220

ram :4GB

i want the gpu because i want to use it for video editing and play some 3D games.

my little brother is running a 650 with 1 gig. he has a g2120.

I myself don't need since I just bought a 950 and running a 860k

I have an msi 760 hawk (not sure if considered bad but oh well). I have a 5820k so there will be no problem there. I want this because i cant play gpu intensive games at some higher settings; i mainly just want it because my system is so lop-sided with the cpu being much more powerful than my gpu. Not sure if amazon works in Australia though...

running a gtx 645 here

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

-z97-k mobo

-5775c i7 cpu

-No gpu (using the 6200 iris pro integrated graphics off of the cpu)

-Corsair CX750M PSU

-Source 230 Case

-8 gigs of ram

I would like this gpu so I could improve my gaming experience past games like league and get to enjoy them at actual

playable fps. My integrated graphics is great and all but really doesn't allow for the whole experience. Even if I dont win 

I would like to say thank you for hosting this giveaway. 

I bet a bunch of these people have decent GPUs...

Do people really buy i5s, i7s, or FX CPUs without GPUs?

11 minutes ago, The Cat Petter said:

I bet a bunch of these people have decent GPUs...

Do people really buy i5s, i7s, or FX CPUs without GPUs?

Yep

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0