Netflix deemed Canadian internet caps "Third World"

ttam

um hello what about australia i pay like $120 for 6mb/s down 400kb/s up and 500gb i paid the same when i had 20mb/s down 800kb/s up and only 200gb -_- we are third world lol

But you get bandwidth. Rogers' top plan only gives you a cap of I believe 250GB. It's bandwidth that screws over Canadians, not speed. 

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

If you aren't on a third party ISP in Canada by now you should be. I'm on Vmedia 25/2 unlimited bandwidth plan for $40 a month and its been steady for about 2 weeks now since i moved. 

But yah Canada's Internet is still an ongoing joke. 

Europeans be all like; "Cap? What's a cap? Is that for your head?"

Only kind of subscriptions over here with caps are like satellite plans which people only use in out-of-reach areas like mountaintops or deep valleys.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Sorry Canada, but your internet is still god tier compared to the Australians. My Aussie bud lets me know all the time how complete shit Australian internet is.

I pay $100/month for 7mbps down and 0.5mbps up on a 4gb/day limit (go over that and your speed drops to less than half) and a 100gb/month cap. Welcome to rural Alberta where 4G internet is the only option.

guys guys guys £30 for 3/.3 Mbps please stfu .-.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

guys guys guys £30 for 3/.3 Mbps please stfu .-.

Who are you with? My cousins in the UK had 35 mbps when I had 2

I found this from the BT website

MdilVWZ.png

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Who are you with? My cousins in the UK had 35 mbps when I had 2

I found this from the BT website

MdilVWZ.png

we're on O2 >_< we used to have beautiful fibre optic connection with Virgin Media but due to some customer service issues my mum refuses to go back >_< same with BT, trying to convince her to go to sky so I can have at least 8 down ._. and 3 up if I'm lucky xD

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

$50 in the US for a 400/400 Fiber connection with no cap

In select cities maybe, but that is far from average. My old ISP was charging $52 for "up to 6mbps" And I live in Dallas county..one of the largest Metropolises in the nation. There is zero excuse for all ISPs not to be using fiber in 2013, especially in large cities. NONE.

I live out in the country...

1 mbit down on avg (paying for 3)

2 mbit up (not sure why its faster...?)

100 gb/mo ($2/gb over)

avg ping in games >500ms

$80/month

Tip... if your parents say lets move to the country side and you live in canada say noooo

Here was a pretty bad day way back

2748545174.png

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

In select cities maybe, but that is far from average. My old ISP was charging $52 for "up to 6mbps" And I live in Dallas county..one of the largest Metropolises in the nation. There is zero excuse for all ISPs not to be using fiber in 2013, especially in large cities. NONE.

Being in Seattle with many fiber companies around has an advantage.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I live out in the country...

1 mbit down on avg (paying for 3)

2 mbit up (not sure why its faster...?)

100 gb/mo ($2/gb over)

avg ping in games >500ms

$80/month

Tip... if your parents say lets move to the country side and you live in canada say noooo

Here was a pretty bad day way back

2748545174.png

I've had ping in the triple digits before, you can't beat that. My old ISP was terrible.

I live in Toronto, the fourth largest city in North America and we get charged $70 for 25/2 unlimited. Which, is great, but, I'm still in the fourth largest, and I have worse internet than a small place like Seattle.

I have no fiber options either.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I live in Toronto, the fourth largest city in North America and we get charged $70 for 25/2 unlimited. Which, is great, but, I'm still in the fourth largest, and I have worse internet than a small place like Seattle.

I have no fiber options either.

This thread has inspired me to write to the Mayor of the city. There is no way those of us living in large cities in North America IN 2013 should be forced to deal with these shady ISPs that don't give a damn about us anymore.

This thread has inspired me to write to the Mayor of the city. There is no way those of us living in large cities in North America IN 2013 should be forced to deal with these shady ISPs that don't give a damn about us anymore.

Well, we're abit more luck in Canada. The Canadian Radio and Telecommunications Commission is passing laws that are benefiting us with phone. They announced a few months ago that providers can only lock you in for 2 years, but they decided to make the providers subsidise phones more (which is awesome)!

But they don't seem to be doing anything about internet, they just let the big three (Rogers, Bell, Telus) control and do whatever they want with Canada's internet.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I have bell, I get a crappy router/modem combo with my $80 plan!

25/10 = $70 + unlimited bandwith addon = $80/month!

I'm with TekSavvy, and I'll be upgrading to:

150/10 for $85/mo. Cap is only 300GB, but that's unlimited between 2am-8am (The unlimited plan is like $215/mo cause Rogers screws them with the very fast packages for bandwidth fees). Overages cap out at $50/mo though so even if I go over my 300GB, I "effectively" get unlimited for ~$135/mo.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I've had ping in the triple digits before, you can't beat that. My old ISP was terrible.

That was a good ping :/

I've played games at 2000 ping before but that only really happens when its raining bad because our internet is via satellite.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

That was a good ping :/

I've played games at 2000 ping before but that only really happens when its raining bad because our internet is via satellite.

Now that I think about it, I've had a quad before from really bad weather..the internet was literally unusuable and Dial-up would have been faster. So glad to not have that ISP anymore.

But you get bandwidth. Rogers' top plan only gives you a cap of I believe 250GB. It's bandwidth that screws over Canadians, not speed. 

no im talking about bandwidth too read my post 

10 bucks for an unlimited add on with Bell? That's news to me. I get 80 from Rogers, and with today's games it's nowhere near enough.

I'm with TekSavvy, and I'll be upgrading to:

150/10 for $85/mo. Cap is only 300GB, but that's unlimited between 2am-8am (The unlimited plan is like $215/mo cause Rogers screws them with the very fast packages for bandwidth fees). Overages cap out at $50/mo though so even if I go over my 300GB, I "effectively" get unlimited for ~$135/mo.

I get a company discount because my dad works for a company that is partnered with Bell. Unfortunately.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Can we push all the major ISP CEOS in N.America into an active volcano and replace them with Japanese ones? At least Asia cares about it's internet speeds. Even Hong Kong has better internet with 500mbps @ 25usd censored or not.

YEY!!! Lets begin pushing  :D I have an idea,,, let start with Rogers CEO or whoever is boss there,,, :angry: self-centred-selfish-arrogant-brainless-muthafuca

PC Gaming forever...

Its funny because there is only 1 Country that has fast Internet in the World and thats South Korea.
The rest of the world has almost the same internet speed thats 8mb/s and under.

So I don't understand why they say something like this when the Internet Speed of Complete World sucks.

Here a Chart of the Wolrd's internet Speed:

5170008324_e305b6531f_o.png

RTX2070OC 

Netflix in Canada is laughable...

Netflix in Canada is laughable...

yes it is. that s why you have vpns...

and the problem isn t just the internet speed it s the caps.

and why upgrade netflix offering in canada if almost no one can watch 7 hours of it per month w/o blowing their cap.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB