To loud for no reason! New PC working at 45db!

ToniV
1 minute ago, ToniV said:

No i dint know that i thought only voltage matters. Plus i got the titan as a gift! How bad is it?

if its a gift then its fine,

people would generally recommend a 980 Ti over the titan X because the titan is overpriced and unecessary

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, ToniV said:

No i dint know that i thought only voltage matters. Plus i got the titan as a gift! How bad is it?

You'll probably be fine, it's just your trusting your PSU to power your PC, which means if something bad were to happen, say a short circuit between the mains in and the 12 or 5 V rail in the PSU then your components will 100% die, and probably catch fire.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Just now, ToniV said:

I have build it you see i am taking about noice..

Sorry (Facepalm)

I think its time to linche the people that recommend this list

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Sounds insulting foam, rubber feet, make sure everything is tight, low noise fans, tell the gerbil on the wheel to slow down. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

1 minute ago, DebatED Nothing said:

You'll probably be fine, it's just your trusting your PSU to power your PC, which means if something bad were to happen, say a short circuit between the mains in and the 12 or 5 V rail in the PSU then your components will 100% die, and probably catch fire.

Omg but i need to uppgrade so many things and i dont have the money. What sould i do fist, second and so on plizz

3 minutes ago, Nex Cube said:

Since everyone is dogging his PSU so hard, I just wanted to ask about my PSU so I'm not the most knowledgeable about these things either. I have an Antec Earthwatts 750W on this rig:

i5 4670k @ 4.3 GHz

EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified

16GB Hyper Fury X Kingston DDR3 1866MHz

Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H

1TB 850 Evo Samsung SSD

Just want to make sure I'm not making the same mistake, reading some of the responses here got me a little worried. Not trying to hijack the thread, lol.

The Antec Earthwatts series is fine, especially for the price it sells.
Here is a review: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/EA-650_Platinum/10.html

The bad thing about the Corsair CX is that it could literally burn your house down if you use it wrong.

6 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

45db isn't very loud actually.  I'd say that is right in line with a moderately quite system.

Just measured my sound levels, 50db idle and 60db when gaming. And i consider it almost quiet lol

wow can the circle jerk get any harder about his completely adequate PSU.

The easiest way to find out what's making noise is to just stop the fans one by one with your finger and see which one is creating the most noise.  I'm guessing it's either the PWM curve on the hyper 212, or the titan X blower fan.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

@ToniV i recommend getting a new psu ASAP, the EVGA P2 650W is a good option and match for your system

the other parts are fine for now, but get that PSU away from your system ASAP

ASAP ASAP ASAP ASAP ASAP ASAP ASAP

If you want a comparison, using a $75 PSU in a PC with a $1000 GPU is like buying a really expensive camera and then using it with a $5 tripod. It'll probably be fine but it's more likely to fall over, and if it falls over then it's a big problem.

Omg but i need to uppgrade so many things and i dont have the money. What sould i do fist, second and so on plizz

Your PC is great, you really don't need to upgrade for performance really, so I'd recommend PSU first. Look at the PSU rankings and tiers thread in the cases and powersupplies section on this forum.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

@ToniV i recommend getting a new psu ASAP, the EVGA P2 650W is a good option and match for your system

the other parts are fine for now, but get that PSU away from your system ASAP

ASAP ASAP ASAP ASAP ASAP ASAP ASAP

Wow rly that bad??? Omg i just spendy last penny on this pc! I didnt thin its this bad!

Just now, ToniV said:

Wow rly that bad??? Omg i just spendy last penny on this pc! I didnt thin its this bad!

i wont stop you from using it

but when a psu decides to fk up, the rest of your computer will be compromised (or die outright)

thats why its crucial to have a reliable PSU powering your system, especially if your system have a $1000 GPU in it...

Just now, ToniV said:

They're exaggerating. You can afford to wait until you have the money to buy a better PSU, it won't kill your computer over the span of a month or two.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

6 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

The Antec Earthwatts series is fine, especially for the price it sells.
Here is a review: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/EA-650_Platinum/10.html

The bad thing about the Corsair CX is that it could literally burn your house down if you use it wrong.

Cool, just wanted to make sure. Thank you. I've had it for a while with no issues but my PC is worth quite a bit now lol

The CX should be fine. It wouldn't have been my 1st (or even my 10th) choice but it won't burn down your house like others have said.

But yeah, for your first upgrade I would go for a highly recommended PSU. Seasonics are usually seen as very reliable.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, dcb-z said:

They're exaggerating. You can afford to wait until you have the money to buy a better PSU, it won't kill your computer over the span of a month or two.

well if you like to have a ticking time bomb beside your $1000 gpu, be my guest

Apparently Antec Earthwatts are fairly cheap and pretty reliable. There's another option for him as well I would think.

Just now, wkdpaul said:

The CX should be fine. It wouldn't have been my 1st (or even my 10th) choice but it won't burn down your house like others have said.

But yeah, for your first upgrade I would go for a highly recommended PSU. Seasonics are usually seen as very reliable.

I've used CX500 for about 2 years in build with i3+750 ti and had no problems, because these components are less power demanding as OPs components.

There is a chance, that in his case scenario under load, cx would fk up everything.

1 minute ago, Me1bourne said:

I've used CX500 for about 2 years in build with i3+750 ti and had no problems, because these components are less power demanding as OPs components.

There is a chance, that in his case scenario under load, cx would fk up everything.

It'll be fine. No products are perfect, even very reliable products can fail. CX PSU have a bad reputation but they are not as bad as everyone in here is saying.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

11 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I've heard many horror stories with PSU's. There's no way you can say for sure it won't burn his house down or fry his entire computer. Again, I'm not the most knowledgeable... Doing my best to learn, but there's no way I would chance that after all these tech savvy folks on this forum told me all that. Especially since he's said again and again that he doesn't have much money and can't afford to upgrade much more. Losing all those parts would be disastrous.

14 minutes ago, DebatED Nothing said:

If you want a comparison, using a $75 PSU in a PC with a $1000 GPU is like buying a really expensive camera and then using it with a $5 tripod. It'll probably be fine but it's more likely to fall over, and if it falls over then it's a big problem.

Your PC is great, you really don't need to upgrade for performance really, so I'd recommend PSU first. Look at the PSU rankings and tiers thread in the cases and powersupplies section on this forum.

Ty i was so proud that i have built my first pc and now i am rly sad that i have done it wrong. Ill biy a better psu!

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

It'll be fine. No products are perfect, even very reliable products can fail. CX PSU have a bad reputation but they are not as bad as everyone in here is saying.

Yes but ultimately there's no logical reason to run a risk like that, even if it's pretty slim.

Just now, ToniV said:

Ty i was so proud that i have built my first pc and now i am rly sad that i have done it wrong. Ill biy a better psu!

You've not done it wrong, and the PSU works fine, it's just not a corner that you should cut. Other than that it's a really nice PC, good job and I hope you stick around on the forum :D

now i am rly sad that i have done it wrong

its part of the learning process, dont be