Who is renewing their vessel subscription

jameshumphries47

will you be paying for vessel next year  

81 members have voted

1. 1. will you be paying for vessel next year

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

So, march is round the corner which is when the majority of our free vessel subscriptions run out who will be renewing them.

I wont be renewing mine as i really dont like the UI and its not as good as youtube. and its mainly because when we where first informed about it we were told it would be add free, if i remember correctly. and now there are 5 second ads in front. now i know its only 5 seconds but if im paying for an exclusive service like vessel to get videos early i dont expect it to have ads. thats just my opinion though.

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

How much is it? i cant seem to find pricing on their website. (I can find from other website such as news/blogs) but i want to find if discount for buying for a year etc. 

Magical Pineapples

5 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

How much is it? i cant seem to find pricing on their website. (I can find from other website such as news/blogs) but i want to find if discount for buying for a year etc. 

i cant seem to find it anywhere but i think its about $3 a  month

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

15 minutes ago, jameshumphries47 said:

So, march is round the corner which is when the majority of our free vessel subscriptions run out who will be renewing them.

I wont be renewing mine as i really dont like the UI and its not as good as youtube. and its mainly because when we where first informed about it we were told it would be add free, if i remember correctly. and now there are 5 second ads in front. now i know its only 5 seconds but if im paying for an exclusive service like vessel to get videos early i dont expect it to have ads. thats just my opinion though.

The adds annoy me too. It's a subscription based service. There shouldn't be a single add on the website.

Just now, Hodor said:

The adds annoy me too. It's a subscription based service. There shouldn't be a single add on the website.

i totally agree and to be perfectly honest with you i probably would renew it if it wasnt for all the ads

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Definitely not!

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I want a switch from vessel to YouTube Red. There is more people on YouTube Red because of google play included.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

I asked them the question as to why there were ads last summer and this was their response. 

what do you think? 

Spoiler

Thanks for reaching out and for your support. Hopefully, I can help shed some light on this!

In short, the modest advertising on Vessel helps keep the monthly price of our service low and affordable. Both licensing and video creation are expensive processes, so an ad-supported service helps to both keep costs down for you and allows us to support creators in doing even more awesome work.

Of course, please reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Keegan Q.
Vessel Customer Support

No, most times I can't even watch a video without it getting stuck buffering. Went on vacation a few weeks ago so I didn't watch any videos for a week. Now I just watch them on youtube.

9 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

I asked them the question as to why there were ads last summer and this was their response. 

what do you think? 

Hide contents

Thanks for reaching out and for your support. Hopefully, I can help shed some light on this!

In short, the modest advertising on Vessel helps keep the monthly price of our service low and affordable. Both licensing and video creation are expensive processes, so an ad-supported service helps to both keep costs down for you and allows us to support creators in doing even more awesome work.

Of course, please reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Keegan Q.
Vessel Customer Support

sounds really cheasy, if you ask me like they are making up excuses to line the pockets! i can see LTT not using vessel after a while as their viewings will drop

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Nope, I ain't renewing. I've barely used it a few times during the year, not worth it to me.

I'd rather pay for Youtube Red... But it's not available in Canada.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Vessel is a little to slow when it comes to streaming, but I think it's just me... And I don't like paying monthly subscription 

What the hey....

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

Tell that to Hulu...

I won't be renewing; LTT is the only page that I watch videos on there. The UI isn't great, the ads are annoying, the player is wonky sometimes and overall I don't really like it. I was in for the free year and that's it, already deleted my payment info from my account so it can't auto-renew.

Oh is my subscription ending soon?

Oh well. I use Vessel like once a month if that - and when I do use it, it's got horrible buffering and I have to watch at "LOW" because somehow it cant do 1080p without buffering for 20 hours like youtube manages.

Heck I'd barely use it if it was free.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I used it for a whole year, and can honestly say that I don't want to renew my subscription.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I will. I use vessel pretty much every day

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

I doubt I will, principally because I dislike recurring payments of any amount, I'm the kind of person who pays their phone bill years I'm advance.

Ads don't bother me on vessel (very few) and I watch a few channels. Vessel was NEVER marketed as ad free, but LTT content on Vessel IS ad free - there are no baked in ads - which does mean the content is better for me. I watched an LTT video on YouTube the other day that I'd already seen on vessel, and the amount of ads on it was surprising as hell.

5 hours ago, Timie187 said:

No, most times I can't even watch a video without it getting stuck buffering.

Same here. I gotta turn it down to 480 or 360 for a solid playback without buffer interruptions.

I'll stick with youtube once the subscription is over.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Most of my tech channels are on Vessel but most of my "funny" or political channels are still on youtube, along mirrors of Vessel stuff a bit later. Question though: you guys think Linus should come to an agreement to also release videos early to youtube red subscribers? Cause that'd be an interesting proposition.

Oh and as a side note it really pissed me off that the motherfucking hypocrites at tech syndicate are now on Vessel too. They tried to gave a crap line about "We said never but NOW the deal is good for our viewers!" when he meant to say "I spent all my fucking patreon money on moving to new places constantly and Pistol's Twitch subscriber bucks can only take us so far, more cash please!"

At this point I think Wendell should leave them behind in a fucking hurry.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Most of my tech channels are on Vessel but most of my "funny" or political channels are still on youtube, along mirrors of Vessel stuff a bit later. Question though: you guys think Linus should come to an agreement to also release videos early to youtube red subscribers? Cause that'd be an interesting proposition.

Oh and as a side note it really pissed me off that the motherfucking hypocrites at tech syndicate are now on Vessel too. They tried to gave a crap line about "We said never but NOW the deal is good for our viewers!" when he meant to say "I spent all my fucking patreon money on moving to new places constantly and Pistol's Twitch subscriber bucks can only take us so far, more cash please!"

At this point I think Wendell should leave them behind in a fucking hurry.

i think what would be best for linus (my opinion) is to remove themselves from vessel, if the view count is considerable lower that it would be before. and migrate over to youtube red as you said, or even better set something up for themselves so viewers can get content early at a monthly rate. now obviously problems with server costs and the scale of this. its not easy i have tried. but it would be the most profitable and more people would pay as its going to LMG and not paying for a CEO's 6th holiday of the year

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

To be honest, I'd rather pay for something like Spotify/Apple Music, etc, or even YouTube red, if it was available. I will happily wait a week for my daily LTT. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?