Quoting is a mess, adding hyperlink is a mess, editing can be a mess

Quoting: Some bizarre behaviour can happen when using quote tags, especially when trying to place a quote within a quote. Sometimes when the post is published, the actual quote sits outside of the quote brackets, and there's nothing in the quote brackets. Also, trying to remove quotes while editing a post is a mess: It's an exercise of repeatedly pressing the backspace or delete key before and after the quote graphic, until it disappears - which it doesn't always do. Click-dragging the mouse over the quote graphics to highlight them, and then press backspace or delete to remove them, doesn't work.

Hyperlinking: The new forum software doesn't behave intelligently towards creating links using {url}{/url} tags. Using these tags can be preferential, when wanting a newly created link to have specific text - but using these tags is ignored by the forum software, which goes on to automatically creates a link for the URL, while ignoring the custom header. The issue is that the automatically created URL doesn't use any custom text as its description. Yes, there's a link creation tool that can be used, though URL tags should be either recognized as redundant by the forum software, while custom URL headers should be implemented into the automatically-generated link and not displayed in the output post as {url=www.example-link.com}link header{/url} - normally this hasn't worked for me, though while making this post, it behaved as I would normally be wanting it to. Also, there is no convenient way to remove a link, and Text Formatting doesn't remove linking from text.

Editing: Entering into edit mode for a post often generates additional line-breaks throughout a post. This was also a problem with the previous forum software. This can create further problems with the new forum software when it combines with existing quotes, adding spaces between them that can't be removed by pressing backspace or delete, for whatever reason.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Yep, everything is broken. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What browser are you using?

Are you trying to enter quotes, links etc using BBCode or with the editor buttons?

HTTP/2 203

Just as an example, you can click on Quote for anyone.... Then if you would say, want to remove a quote, it won't let you.  It's rather troublesome and simply not working properly for a user-friendly experience. It's really been more hassle using this than good. Also, trying to manually use URL tags and such can botch it too.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

I'm using Chrome. Yes, I'm trying to enter quotes and links via BBCode, which I prefer over using editor buttons, because that way I can keep my fingers on the keyboard, typing, and not shift between input devices.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Quotes work like tables in MS Word. You select quote from top left corner handle and press delete.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Quotes work like tables in MS Word. You select quote from top left corner handle and press delete.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i.imgur.com/yFTGxNi.jpg

^ posting an image didn't work using BBCode, either. I typed {img}image URL{/img}, using square brackets. It would be effective if the forum recognized redundancy (my typing {img}{/img} while the forum auto inserts images. Also, it can be useful to be able to link to an image without having the image displayed.

yFTGxNi.jpg

8 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

^ posting an image didn't work using BBCode, either. I typed {img}image URL{/img}, using square brackets. It would be effective if the forum recognized redundancy (my typing {img}{/img} while the forum auto inserts images. Also, it can be useful to be able to link to an image without having the image displayed.

yFTGxNi.jpg

BBCode in general doesn't work with current version of forum software. IPS just doesn't support it anymore.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

54 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I had some text with the above failed-image post that went somewhere.

I don't see a handle to select a quote an delete it. I only have the move handle there.

1 minute ago, Delicieuxz said:

I had some text with the above failed-image post that went somewhere.

I don't see a handle to select a quote an delete it. I only have the move handle there.

You use that handle to select Quote as object. After that you can move it, delete it, copy it etc. Works just like tables in MS Word, or other such software.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

47 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You use that handle to select Quote as object. After that you can move it, delete it, copy it etc. Works just like tables in MS Word, or other such software.

Ah. I get it now.

10 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

yFTGxNi.jpg

All you need to do to post an imagine now is paste the link and hit enter. The forum will then automagically embed the image in your post, no other work required (assuming it's a web standard image format). 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

On 2/17/2016 at 7:53 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

I wish they would just being back the old editor with the little switch thing.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The only thing I miss is the old "show HTML code" button, or whatever it was called. One of my old topics got completely messed up during the conversion and instead of just being able to remove the extra formatting that was added (like extra spoiler tags and such), I had to manually copy all the text, delete the entire post and then do all the formatting over again. When I tried to just remove the extra spoiler it also removed all the text inside it.

I also noticed the glitch where editing a post adds a strikethough to the post. Instead of just being able to delete the tag I had to use the "remove formatting" button, and I also had to reapply all the other formatting that went missing.

The more I use the new forum the more I miss the old editor. This one has a lot less features.

Quoting and editing are both broken, I thought its just a problem with browsing on my tablet, but maybe its a problem for everyone.

Cannot remove quotes or type outside them if I quote before typing my message.

Linus is my fetish.

36 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Cannot remove quotes or type outside them if I quote before typing my message.

Thats same on all mobile browser. And AFAIK thats forum software side issue. Not LTT forums only.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv